need some advice to upgrade my computer

Hello i've built a gaming computer 2 years ago , and i would like to keep it up to date , and be ready for crysis 3 in february.

Here's my setup

- Processor : intel 950 @ 3,07GHz
    - mother board : Asus Rampage III formula
    - memmory : 6gb (ddr3 tripple channel)
    - Video card : Nvdia Geforce GTX 460
    - Power supplie : 1200w
    - Casing : Coolmaster Haf 932
    - HD : 500gb + 1TB external HD

Restriction

- I would like to keep my current motherboard
    - Not a huge fan of Dual Video card (Sli)

Uage

Mostly for gaming and streaming

and using dual screen setup on a 40'' hd tv and a 20'' monitor ''as main monitor device''

If i forgot to mention something feel free to ask and thanks alots for your help

Since you want to keep your current motherboard your best bet is to overclock your current CPU.
    For Crysis 3 you probably want a highend GPU like Radeon 7970 or Geforce GTX 670/680.
    I would also suggest you get yourself a good SSD for overall computer performance.
    Depending on what you do except gaming adding another 6GB of RAM could be a good idea.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll recommend these two products to start of, a GTX 670 and a bit more ramm

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130843

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233218

I'm not saying to get these exact parts, but along the lines of more RAM and a 670, 690 if you want to go nuts.
    Last edited by Kymei; 2013-01-07 at 07:25 PM.

Deleted
    gpu is the weak spot in that build for the future.
    ssd would also be a good addition but it won't affect gaming performance. (there are damm fine to have for OS/load times though)
    what brand of PSU ? (not like 1200W would be lacking in any way :P)
    got a budget for us to work with?

ps: that is likely a wierd dual screen setup with such sizes? (and i do hope you don't mainly play on that 40" imo)

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    gpu is the weak spot in that build for the future.
    ssd would also be a good addition but it won't affect gaming performance. (there are damm fine to have for OS/load times though)
    what brand of PSU ? (not like 1200W would be lacking in any way :P)
    got a budget for us to work with?

ps: that is likely a wierd dual screen setup with such sizes? (and i do hope you don't mainly play on that 40" imo)
    The psu is a coolmaster , and i mostly watch movie on my second screen

Also i forgot to mention that my Cpu cooling fan is really huge so i can only add low profile ram stick

Does my Motherboard is too restrictive ? if yes i might consider to change it

as for the budget , i know that you have to pay if you want quality so let's say 700-800$ budget for the moment

Also what size of SSD should i get ? and what brand

~250GB SSD if you can afford, a ~120GB is OK but you will run out of space sooner or later. Samsung 830/840 Pro, Crucial m4 are by far the most recommended models.

The motherboard you have is good but it only supports socket 1366 CPUs. You could upgrade that and the CPU but I don't think you need to at this moment. Just wait and see what Haswell brings to the table.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227792

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130797

should make for a very solid upgrade addition.

ps: to those who wonder , the zotac AMP is out of stock

Thanks alots to all of you

Deleted
    also going for higher OC on the CPU should be worthwhile.