Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    So the attorney for a multi-million dollar company gave up some of his incredibly busy, hectic schedule to take a personal phone call from some angry child ranting and raving about his account being banned?
    Or..more likely, you spoke with some rep from the Customer Service department who just repeated the legal statement they get printed to read, and then hung up?

You gain +4 skill points in exaggerating. At this rate, you might reach Grand Master level by the time the thread is locked.
    Ok you got me
    Rod Rigole

Deputy General Counsel

Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
    (949) 955-1380 ext. 13221

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    This is where you are wrong. They can and will DENY you access to THEIR servers at any time they see fit. That is basically what happens here. You still legally own the licence to your product, you are just unable to use it and there is no way you can force them to let you on their servers again.

What the OP could do, however, is engage in a civilized discussion about 'what the outcome is, which you may or may not like', but judging from the response to things ... that ship has probably already sailed.

Anyhoo, exploding into people's faces, be it face to face, on the phone, or through email is never a good thing when you want something done from people.

this...

Also, they are quite correct in informing you that you will regret your lawsuit, as you will...
    a) Lose very quickly
    b) Lose a lot of money in doing so.
    they can legally do whatever they want and you agreed to it accepting the EULA.
    all you would do is lose and pay for the lawsuit costs.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I see no grounds for informal negotiations in your case. You really have nothing to say to blizzard.

The attorney response was a little harsh. But I'm not sure that you own messages were polite and discreet. Most people think that they can say whatever they like in the way they like but when they got response in the same way they say that they've been bullied.
    Yeah.. funny how threatening to sue someone is not seen as ´bullying´... but when they tell you they will own your face, that is bullying.

I simpathise with you OP.

I, unlike many other posters, applaud that you dont let them do whatever they want with you and your customer dignity.

I hope you can show them that they cant bully people around just because they have many lawyers at their disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by krimzin View Post
    ok you got me
    Rod Rigole

Deputy General Counsel

Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
    (949) 955-1380 ext. 13221
    awwww SHIT JUST GOT REAL !!!!!!!!!
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Sorry but you can not speak to their Legal department via the phone. This story seems like bs
    Yeah, and he managed to get hold of one of Blizzard's head lawyers. But, seriously, don't ruin this - this thread could really go places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Ok you got me
    That he's a real person doesn't mean anything. It takes like five seconds to pull that information off the CA Bar Assoc. website.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a separate note: I am actually curious what would happen if the OP went into "informal negotiations." I cannot recall anyone I've known taking a banned account to that level, so I would find the outcome extremely interesting.

And as for those who say it would cost a lot of time and money to the OP, that's only half true. It would cost time, and as long as that time doesn't cost him money there are a lot of ways he could proceed, simply acting as his own council (though I would only recommend this if you have had previous experience with the study of law) would be one route to go.

I mean, the OP already basically ruined any chances he had of this going in a mature manner with the e-mail he sent back, so I'm talking mostly theoretical here. I'd be curious to see how far Blizzard would care to go to ensure the ban. I'm not sure about some of the law in other countries but in Canada you'd be able to get all the way up to, and slightly past arbitrator/arbitration before you would have to pay serious legal fees on your end if you were minimizing the cost by doing the grunt work yourself, would Blizzard be willing to bother to fly a representative to <insert country here> to meet go though arbitration? It'd be interesting to see for sure.

Posted here because I hate bullies. Blizzard is trying to bully me. I know they have done it to others as well. Also, I never said I wanted to quit, I said I probably needed to, been playing since before release. I still enjoy the game.
    When I read stuff like this, I think to myself "Another person who doesn't confront bullies face to face.". This isn't confronting a bully. This is you in a passive/aggressive way trying to make up for the fact that you don't properly confront issues in your life. The guy isn't "bullying" you. He's saying "You won't win, and you'll end up wasting alot of money trying to do so.". He knows better than you. You may have done a quick google on lawsuits, but chances are that dude has been doing this a while.

And I think that there is much, much more to this. People always paint themselves in a favorable light when talking about things like this. But I think that it has much more to do with you having multiple strikes on you, and this being more than you buying herbs from a bot. And this probably isn't the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    That he's a real person doesn't mean anything. It takes like five seconds to pull that information off the CA Bar Assoc. website.

So in short, this thread is essentially a joke?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    LOLWHAT?
    Buying from botter is illegal? Since when? How are you supposed to know?
    Only complete idiot could invent such a thing.

Anyway, do not mess with them. Spit in their face in any way of your choosing(send them angry mails if you like, sell your remaining accounts, i don't know) and punish them with leaving.
    Exactly, the blues almost said exactly the opposite with regards to that duped mount. If you buy it from the AH, and have no inside knowledge that it was duped, then you can´t be held responsible for owning a duped item.

My guess is this guy was working with the botters.

Yes, because of course, that is completely legitimate, and can no way be found on the internet in 20seconds.

Oh wait, your being honest, I was just on the phone to Bill Gates 30seconds ago asking why Windows sucks so much now.

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
    (Foundation)
    P.O. Box 23350
    Seattle, WA 98102
    USA
    Phone: (206) 709-3100
    Thats their charity foundation, if this was reddit i would downvote you. You could make a better joke or remark i believe in you.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    "Hey, thanks for playing for 8 years and giving us $1,440.00 in subscription fees as well as buying all our xpacs and shit, now we're just gonna ban you for no real reason"

I feel like someone is breaking the law in there.
    But that doesn't really happen, at least not nearly as often as forum haters like to claim. Blizzard doesn't just go around flipping kill-switches at random, the very idea of that is stupid and completely at odds with a profitable company. Likewise, Blizzard cannot afford the time to go around and "target" people with trumped up charges just to close the accounts of people they don't like. Blizzards' time is to expensive for that kind of waste, and that scenario exists only in the minds of butt-hurt players who got caught cheating and/or breaking the terms of service one way or another and need to construct some fantasy explanation where they are the victims of some evil corporate entity, instead of owning up to the fact that they just got what they had coming.
    Last edited by Urti; 2013-01-07 at 08:12 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I like how he provide zero evidence of any kind and some people are arguing like it is the truth.
    This remind me of the whole Apple asymmetric screw scam again.....
    http://day4.se/how-we-screwed-almost...ple-community/

Basically a bunch of blogger was going to test their theory of how gullible people on internet forum and news site are, and to no ones surprise they are right.
    http://day4.se/wp-content/uploads/20...uth_chart1.png
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-01-07 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok you got me
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Rod+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    These responses really ruffle my feathers. Just a game? I don't know how long OP has been playing, but if it were me, I've had an account since November of '04 without any cancellations. I've invested THOUSANDS of hours and THOUSANDS of dollars (monthly sub, expac costs, faction change, etc) and I would be upset if I were wrongfully banned (I don't know if this user was, as we're only getting his side of the story). Seriously, just stop, Jaylock.
    People are weird and ignorant. For strange reasons they believe in license agreement more than in common sense.

Its true, that you don't own a lot of things.
    You don't own your e-mail addresses. You don't own your skype name. You don't own your facebook page. And twitter as well. You don't even own your mobile phone number.
    And all above can be taken from you at any time.

But all of this is just because the internet is very very new. It became widely spread just 10 years ago.
    So the legal base is very new as well. Its not finished. It works the way the service providers like and people have absolutely no rights.

Very soon(I hope we'll see it in our life) you'll have your rights to demand from service provider the access to your account and the only way for the service provider to stop the access to your account would be to sue you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    The only way Blizzard would be any more alarmed by receiving that email is if there was a A HEAVY USAGE OF ALL CAPS, a plethora of unnecessary punctuation!!!!111oneone, and a cornucopia of angry face emoticons

If you faced them down with that, shit would definitely start to get real.
    and gotta use ´THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE111!!1!!11´

the dude was warning you, not threatening you, he didn't say stuff like don't or else, he said you may not enjoy the outcome, thats not a threat, unless the intonation was very threatlike, you are overreacting sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder how many accounts blizzard has mistakenly banned and refused to investigate, 99% of people probably dont post on forums when blizzard shits on them.