Deleted

DK / RET on 5.2 PTR

I haven't played 3s yet since nobody is playing, but this setup is destroying us, playing Rogue/Spriest. We can't force a bubble or anything because of the rets sick healing and both classes amazing damage. when i'm out of stealth, with cloak up, i can stay out for less than 7 seconds, even if only one of them are on me, then i have to vanish. while i'm doing this shit and peeling both, my spriest dies. nothing to do, and this is both when the DK is frost and unholy, they simply do TOO much damage, i can't picture a resto druid ever outhealing it with a 30% healing nerf, the only healer on the PTR that should be strong enough for that, would be monks, and there's no way they are gonna go through with the ridicolous monk changes

anyone who doesn't play said classes with me?

Ret and DKs are already 2 of the worst PVP melees next to monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice would be to put sap on your bar. You should easily be able to CC the dk long enough to burst/mass dispel the pally and kill him. If you think ret has 'sick healing' right now you need your head examined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    My advice would be to put sap on your bar. You should easily be able to CC the dk long enough to burst/mass dispel the pally and kill him. If you think ret has 'sick healing' right now you need your head examined.
    Put sap on my bars?

Wait, i'll fraps the next game, then please tell me what i'm doing wrong.

DKs have a trinket, lichborne and a second trinket (unholy ground). bursting a paladin who has sprint and freedom? not gonna happen with an spriest being controlled by a DK and a rogue trying to catch up, there's no way i can sit on a paladin.

if the ret would ever get stunned/blinded with no trinket he'll just get BoP'ed since that removes stuns and blinds.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Monks, a bad pvp melee?

This is the fucking PTR, are you blind or are you the one who needs a head examination?

Monks have ring of peace and can't be controlled, they are currently the best melee dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to remind you that you are playing 2s. The bracket is not even remotely balanced nor do the try to make it balanced. It may not be that you're playing badly, it's just that you are playing a bad bracket. That said 5.2 rogue/spriest burst should easily force a ret to bubble if you have the dk cc'd, unless you guys are in contenders gear and hes full mael and gemmed resil.

Ret is right behind warrior and feral for exceptionally powerful melees on live let alone PTR where both warrior and feral's been nerfed hard. Dk's and monks aren't that much behind either on live. Monks are flat out s5 dk level on the ptr atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Ret is right behind warrior and feral for exceptionally powerful melees on live let alone PTR where both warrior and feral's been nerfed hard. Dk's and monks aren't that much behind either on live. Monks are flat out s5 dk level on the ptr atm.
    Exceptionally powerful melee on live? U must be facing some god mode players because outside of wings rets damage is terrible, just control the dk as much as possible and eat the ret, he has nothing to live through ur damage and his heals are terrible on himself, open force bubble then bomb it really is that simple vs a ret, unless no offense, ur playing like 1500,which ya in this bracket of mostly unskilled players, the damage is too much for u, or just control the ret when his wings r up

yeahhh.....

...no.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

rets are decent, dks are decent, but neither is anywhere close to warriors or ferals, even with the nerfs. enhance brings the same mobility support as ret with the same capacity for nasty burst, with the added bonus of being able to counter casters with purges.

their iconic comp is not viable until disc gets some much needed fixes. it can work ok with a shaman or druid, but its not the glad capable comp that ret/dk/disc was because of the druid/shaman's reliance on hardcasted ccs. both of them have much better chances playing with a warrior or feral then with each other right now.

there are no real dk or ret fixes on the ptr, neither is getting nerfed, but neither is getting much needed survivability fixes either.

you can still play ret/dk easily in 2s, and you can do pretty well, some of the synergy is still there, but with ret's healing as reduced as it is you will be struggeling to keep the dk up. you will lose to warrior/healer and feral/healer teams, and possibly hunter/healer teams due to both spec's vulnerability to physical damage and lack of passive damage reduction. both get blown up in stuns and silences when their big defensives are gone.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post

if the ret would ever get stunned/blinded with no trinket he'll just get BoP'ed since that removes stuns and blinds.
    You cannot cast HoP on yourself or anyone if you have lost control of your character.

Kind of OT, but i'm happy Ret DK is back, I missed playing it :3

Quote Originally Posted by crazixnosix View Post
    You cannot cast HoP on yourself or anyone if you have lost control of your character.
    you can actually if the stun/blind is physical.

ret is actually pretty good in 2s, you will lose to healer/dps comps above 1800 and certain spellcleave comps can wreck you if you get a bad opener. other double melee teams will flat out lose and if you face another ret/dps team it actually comes down to skill and gear.

in 3s ret gets shit on. add the extra player on your enemy team and suddenly it becomes pretty clear what problems ret have.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to complain about, other class's do the same things nothing special about just ret/dks,

rets have about the same survival chance of a house fly getting bug sprayed. Worst survivability of any class with no defensive CDs apart from bubble which can be shattered.

Our heals are terrible and pointless 20k flash of lights? that's an auto attack or 2-3 ticks from a warriors 2nd wind and plus it costs us alot of mana nearly 40% base mana.

no gap closer or ability to run to the nearest pillar to quickly get away and los a caster.

We get shat on by fear, and cant get away from warriors or rogues that train us.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    rets have about the same survival chance of a house fly getting bug sprayed. Worst survivability of any class with no defensive CDs apart from bubble which can be shattered.

Our heals are terrible and pointless 20k flash of lights? that's an auto attack or 2-3 ticks from a warriors 2nd wind and plus it costs us alot of mana nearly 40% base mana.

no gap closer or ability to run to the nearest pillar to quickly get away and los a caster.

We get shat on by fear, and cant get away from warriors or rogues that train us.
    Yup, and according to GC Rets are fine they are capeable to do decent burst but outside of it somethings lacks. There are prob no changes incoming anytime soon so i suggest (if u dont like it) to go with something els classwise, not just you tho. Just the fair truth

Deleted
    Talking about rets, receiving 30/40k crits on a 60% res shaman from a low geared paladin....fun and balanced this was on live server. Time to level a paladin..

2s are not balanced. Blizzard even said this.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 05:37 AM ----------

There are 4 legitimate Ret paladins above 2400 rating in 3v3 in the entire world... do you know how many Feral Druids there are above 2400? 44. You get the point.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-01-08 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    Rets are fine, DKs are fine. They got too much damage like every other class atm.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would say both are better than rouges atm. ret and dks only looks bad cuz other classes are op by comparison and need the nerf bat.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    I haven't played 3s yet since nobody is playing, but this setup is destroying us, playing Rogue/Spriest. We can't force a bubble or anything because of the rets sick healing and both classes amazing damage. when i'm out of stealth, with cloak up, i can stay out for less than 7 seconds, even if only one of them are on me, then i have to vanish. while i'm doing this shit and peeling both, my spriest dies. nothing to do, and this is both when the DK is frost and unholy, they simply do TOO much damage, i can't picture a resto druid ever outhealing it with a 30% healing nerf, the only healer on the PTR that should be strong enough for that, would be monks, and there's no way they are gonna go through with the ridicolous monk changes

anyone who doesn't play said classes with me?
    I don't see any Ret or (Frost) DK changes on the PTR. Aside from the rogue buffs and ret healing nerfs - where's your problem compared to live?

Have too agree though that ret dmg with wings/trinket (and ofc dk dmg with pillar/trinket) is pretty sick. but that can be said for everything in this game so far.
    Last edited by mmoca1e9535a29; 2013-01-08 at 05:45 PM.