View Poll Results: Should we abolish term limits?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • American: Yes

4 8.70%
  • American: No

25 54.35%
  • European/Other: Yes

9 19.57%
  • European: No

8 17.39%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Democrats propose constitutional amendment to abolish presidential term limits

Barack Obama 2016!

H.J.RES.15: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.
    Source: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d113:hjres15:

Its not Democrats, its a democrat.

Yeah because people haven't been trying to do this for decades. Nope must be an Obama thing.

Hey if the framers didn't include it originally, who are WE to say there should be term limits, RIGHT?

Framers = gods.

Sponsor: Rep Serrano, Jose E. [NY-15] (introduced 1/4/2013) Cosponsors (None)
    He sure has allot of democratic support....

Having said that.

Personally I approve this bill more then the 30 anti healthcare bills voted by republicans in congress....talking about a waste of money by a group that only talks about government waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's going bass ackward. We need to limit terms further.

Honestly, why bother being limited to two terms when the first term primarily consists of running for re-election? If the president knew he only had four years, I feel there'd be a lot less political footballing.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Eh, if someone's right for the job, why limit the time they have in office?

Not saying Obama is/isn't the right person, just a general statement.

Bill Clinton 2016!

I don't see the need to abolish the term limits. 8 years is plenty for any 1 person.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy has been doing it since...1996 was it? So its A democra, but nice way of trying to paint all democrats that way.

Plus, did you know that term limits werent set by the constitution until FDR died? It was only because of the tradition Washington, who all admired, set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont see any sort of meaning to this. Its probably difficult for any new president to take over after 2 terms already, so ramping it up further is just stupid. And this question in itself has actually nothing to do with where you stand on the political spectrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    This guy has been doing it since...1996 was it? So its A democra, but nice way of trying to paint all democrats that way.

Plus, did you know that term limits werent set by the constitution until FDR died? It was only because of the tradition Washington, who all admired, set.
    And it was passed because Democrats were afraid that Eisenhower would be our God King for Life :P
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

when 3 or 4 repubs make stupid rape comments i hear "it's not all republicans, dont judge us!!!"

1 democrat does something it's "the democrats and obamaaaa!!!"

love it.

personally id prefer a single term of 6 years. long enough to accomplish something and house/senate elections to cycle through. and no gimped 1st term to lobby for election where any work gets done. but no on more then 2 terms as it is now
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Limit 2 terms, 6 years each imo. Or failing that, 1 term only, 6 years. I think 4 years doesn't leave enough time before you have to start campaigning again.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Limit 2 terms, 6 years each imo. Or failing that, 1 term only, 6 years. I think 4 years doesn't leave enough time before you have to start campaigning again.
    You know, a singular 6 year term might not be a horrible idea. It's kind of what a 2 term president all ready serves. The first year is used trying to build the presidency and set the stage for whatever agenda, then the 4th year is largely spent on the campaign trail. If there was a guaranteed 6 years and nothing more, then they could just focus their entire time on whatever agenda they have.

However, we need to set term limits for house and senate members. The lifers in there are who really tend to screw things up for us, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    However, we need to set term limits for house and senate members. The lifers in there are who really tend to screw things up for us, imo.
    only problem with that is we lose good ones too. i guess it's a matter of whether you feel it would be a net loss or gain really. and individually they dont wield the power of the president, so i dont know that term limits are as necessary... or at least not as srtingent
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet Swazi "Liberals are evil incarnate" Spring would feel differently about this if it were a Republican proposing it during a Republican presidency.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    You know, a singular 6 year term might not be a horrible idea. It's kind of what a 2 term president all ready serves. The first year is used trying to build the presidency and set the stage for whatever agenda, then the 4th year is largely spent on the campaign trail. If there was a guaranteed 6 years and nothing more, then they could just focus their entire time on whatever agenda they have.

yep its far past time for house and senate members to have a term limit. id also like to see that handsome 6 figure salary they make while in office, and the 6 figure salary they make for the rest of their life after they retire drastically reduced. actually take the retirement salary away completely and drop the yearly salary down to say, 60k to 70k a year and lets see how many of them stop running for office.