Iphone to PC connection issues

Posting this on behalf of a co worker as myself and everyone in the Office is bamboozled by this one.
    Hopefully the Knights of the Internets can help us.

My buddys GF bought a new Laptop. an HP. ( model # unknown ) and Her Iphone 4S wont connect to it. Not even charge!

The Iphone 4S will connect to other computers; and other phones will connect to the Laptop. ( even other Iphones )

But for some reason... Her Iphone and her HP Laptop wont marry up.

Any Suggestions?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

If that doesn't help, then you'd need to provide more information about the iphone and computer.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

I assume you've tried flipping between MTP and MSC mode on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by bitterbrew View Post
    Posting this on behalf of a co worker as myself and everyone in the Office is bamboozled by this one.
    Hopefully the Knights of the Internets can help us.

My buddys GF bought a new Laptop. an HP. ( model # unknown ) and Her Iphone 4S wont connect to it. Not even charge!

The Iphone 4S will connect to other computers; and other phones will connect to the Laptop. ( even other Iphones )

But for some reason... Her Iphone and her HP Laptop wont marry up.

Any Suggestions?
    So, it's not charging when connected via a usb cable? It could be bad USB port, a bad 12-pin(?)to usb cord, a bad 12 pin connector on the iphone, etc