GPU/CPU Heating issues

I have an ASUS ROG G51J laptop with an Intel i7 proc (4 physical/4 virtual cores), NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 260M with 1gig DDR3 virtual memory and 4gigs DDR2 RAM.

About 2 weeks ago now I started having some issues with the GPU reaching a very high temperature. I use this laptop for everyday use (email, web browsing) and for playing RIFT (since its made as a gaming rig). Everytime I log on RIFT, the frames per second are fine for the first few minutes. Usually around 20-30fps. After about 3-4 minutes though, the frames drop down to between 2-4fps. I have the laptop sitting on a cooling fan at ALL times. The fan is propped up with legs to allow air to continuously move under just to ensure that there is enough air flow. The vent for the Computer itself come out of the side (see link above for visual references). SO I never though that I would have heating/cooling issues form this machine. I use SpeedFan to keep track of the heating. I have seen the GPU peak at around 95°C, and the CPU cores peak at around 60°C.

I have taken the bottom of the machine off (just the part with the fan/ram under it, not the entire bottom) so that I could see it myself. I have cleaned the fan, checked to make sure that everything was plugged in (which was only the wires for the fan that I could see) and made sure that there was no debris or anything near/on the corresponding areas. I have used the compressed air, in a can from walmart, and made sure that there was a little dust on the fan as possible. And even after doing that, it has not changed anything. It still gets to very high temperatures.

I am not the most technically advanced person, but I have done my fair share of work on my own machines. Any help/tips/advice that could be give would be much appreciated. Thank you

Heres a link to the Computer itself... asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G51J/

Perhaps you need to change the thermal paste. It is the only thing I can think of if you have already given it a proper cleaning with compressed air and such.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Thanks n0cturnal. I will try and get that done as soon as I can get some. Do you know whether most computer repair/service stores would sell the thermal paste?

Yes, you should be able to find it there. Most computer stores should sell a few different brands.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Ok cool. Thanks again.

You said you're using a "cooling fan", but I'm not sure what you meant by that... Is it a proper cooling pad? For "gaming" laptops, a high quality cooling pad is almost a necessity.

noteworthynerd: It is a Targus two fan cooling pad. Its not a 'proper gaming rig' cooling fan, but it is a decent one. I was planing on replacing it anyway. Now I have another good reason to.

Also, Awesome avatar pic!!