Thread: 70 BGs and RBGs

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

70 BGs and RBGs

Hi all!
    I quit about a month before MoP was released (due to RL stuff, I have nothing against pandas) and am thinking about coming back, primarily for 70 pvp, but I have a few questions.
    How are average queue times for BGs / arena (I'm PST at the moment), horde and alliance? RBGs still happening? What is 70 pvp like now with pvp power? Any 70 pvp guilds / servers still around? Thanks!

I play on EU, but I can give you my 2c.

Healing is ridiculously strong right now, especially for hybrids. Scoring a kill on decent players in arena requires really good CC on both enemy players or the stars aligning with procs and crits. Healer regen is also far too strong at the moment. As rsham I run around with minimal spirit and can still spam purge for 8 min straight before dipping low on mana. Damage feels like it's in a good spot though and tazik is no longer ridiculously OP (though still useful). Queue times at around 2.2k mmr in 2s is anywhere from instant to 10 min, depending on how many teams that are queuing. Problem is most teams at that rating got there by farming 1800 scrubs and dodging the few legitimately good teams, so if you belong at that rating and face them they will most likely stop queuing after you beat them once (that's my experience anyway).

Class wise you're a bit more limited than before mop in my opinion. Pretty much every team has a spriest or prot pala. Prot palas are by far the easiest class to play right now, they're incredibly hard to kill and avengers shield does stupid damage + silences, can be glyphed to daze and has a 15 sec CD. Spriests are by no means bad, but require slight use of brain cells. Rogues, mages, ele shamans, boomkins and warriors are all still viable to some degree, but not as strong as spriest or prot pala.

Shamans, priests and paladins are still viable healers, but paladins suffer due to no offensive dispel so you pretty much have to play with someone who has one if you ever want to kill a team with a priest on it (disc or shadow).

For regular BG's queues are pretty long, but I usually queue late evenings so that might be why. Horde also seems to win a disproportionate amount of the time now (I think there aren't a lot of good and active twinks left on ally). RBG's I can't really comment on as I haven't played them, I think queue times are going to be a pain unless you can arrange matches.

Miss 70 pvp so much. Would love more info on who is still doing it. Didn't even know you could still do RBGs / Rated arenas at 70.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morning

My priest is level 71 and i plan to level using only BGs (doing so since level 30). As Shag stated, hybrid healing is insane. As a shadow priest (63.33 resi, Full heirlooms [head, PVP shoulders, Chest, PVP Weapon, Trinkets, Ring, Pants, Cape with level 70 pvp Neck, gloves rings, belt, boots and bracers. 13k HP) one flash heal can bring me to full HP (13-15K), Shamans and druids can do the same and with HOTs can stay at full HP with 2-3 players beating on them.

DKs (who are very VERY dangerous at levels 58-65) are not much of a threat, AMS is their best CD, without it they are dead.

Warriors are difficult to peel and can put some pressure on you.

Hunters are annoying.

Rogues are only good for recapping, their damage and control are low.

Druids / Shamans / Paladins / monks are hard to kill because of their heals, need to be chained CC to killed them. Druids and Monks are very annoying FCs, they can get across a map in seconds.

70 PVP is not balanced at all, Hybrids run the show, It is however fun. Get geared, a full pvp set is around 55k-ish honor from area 52(Noncess - Zangarmarsh) and go kill.

Quenes are about 2-5 minutes for a random. Horde usually wins any Flag based BG (eots, wg), Alliance usually stomps us in SOTA and AV, AB is about even (having a paladin or DK rush ST/Farm and cap usually helps).
    Last edited by the0o; 2013-01-08 at 04:52 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    My DK is 78, and from an Alliance perspective at least it is pretty bad, Horde seems to massivly dominate largely due to having Cata gear while Alliance seems to have level appropriate gear. Its pretty frustrating.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Shagina(...what a name) pretty much said it all. Healer's and Hybrids have a big Advantage over pure Dps Specc's.
    For US Servers the BG queue times are between 5-25 Minutes. Currently there are no RBG's going on and the Community is pretty bad compared to the Cata 70 Community. Alliance constantly queues with 5-7 Resil stacked Healer's making BG's a Nightmare.

PvP Power seems to be slightly better than Intellect/Agility/Strength. Although it depends on what Class your playing,what Opponents your facing and how important the Crit Stat is for your class/specc.

Oh and on a Side note: If you wanna play 70 Arenas you have to turn on your Experience otherwise you will get booted from the Arena Match.

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Morning

My priest is level 71 and i plan to level using only BGs (doing so since level 30). As Shag stated, hybrid healing is insane. As a shadow priest (63.33 resi, Full heirlooms [head, PVP shoulders, Chest, PVP Weapon, Trinkets, Ring, Pants, Cape with level 70 pvp Neck, gloves rings, belt, boots and bracers. 13k HP) one flash heal can bring me to full HP (13-15K), Shamans and druids can do the same and with HOTs can stay at full HP with 2-3 players beating on them.

DKs (who are very VERY dangerous at levels 58-65) are not much of a threat, AMS is their best CD, without it they are dead.

Warriors are difficult to peel and can put some pressure on you.

Hunters are annoying.

Rogues are only good for recapping, their damage and control are low.

Druids / Shamans / Paladins / monks are hard to kill because of their heals, need to be chained CC to killed them. Druids and Monks are very annoying FCs, they can get across a map in seconds.

70 PVP is not balanced at all, Hybrids run the show, It is however fun. Get geared, a full pvp set is around 55k-ish honor from area 52(Noncess - Zangarmarsh) and go kill.

Quenes are about 2-5 minutes for a random. Horde usually wins any Flag based BG (eots, wg), Alliance usually stomps us in SOTA and AV, AB is about even (having a paladin or DK rush ST/Farm and cap usually helps).
    isn't brutal the best pvp set? and a full set cost around 2/2,5k. or i'm missing someting?

EU - Misery, Horde
    Did a Sota with with my warlock (no exp lock, so I hit 75 )
    Queue times aren't that bad, 6-7 mins. And we lost terribly.

As far as serious pvp goes though, I'm clueless, but healers and hybrids seem very, very strong. One heal when you're at 500 hp and you're back at full life again, with seemingly neverending mana.

I'm sure there's bound to be 70 arenas and RBGs but don't expect the largest community

There seem to be some 70 twinks at my server, Tarren Mill, look at the roster here There people are conquerors, warbringers, insane etc... In any case, good luck and have fun!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies. Did a few BGs on my pally earlier and had a blast...glad I did!

@Faenskap. Given that OP referred specifically to level 70 BG's I think it's safe to assume he was interested in the EXP locked bracket, the one for twinks.

I finally finished the 2.2 grind today in 2s, started on 3s now. Currently there are next to no legit players over 2k queuing in 2s on EU. Every time I met a team with more than 2k mmr they were rarely any good (only met one team that properly outplayed us) and it seems they rely on farming really shit players for a few points each win (there's a certain prot pala on Outland Alliance that is very guilty of this, I won't mention names though). Will probably take a break from 2s now, the bracket seems pretty void of any good players.

3s on the other hand seems promising. Only got in a few games today, but I like what I see so far. The absurd healing is largely offset by extra burst and CC brought in from a 2nd DPS, making games a whole lot faster. Our first game was vs a decent prot pala/spriest/dpriest team, they took that one. We met them again in our 2nd game and took that one, then they switched to double pala/dpriest and we took the third game. After that we mostly met crap players hovering around 1800-1900 mmr, currently sitting at 2k mmr myself. I think the bracket is really promising, really hope there are some good players still playing. Would be sad if we could farm 2.7k at 70 just because nobody good plays the bracket anymore.

I finally picked up my last gear piece for BiS and will never have to set a foot in 70 BG's ever again. After what I endured last time I don't want to play another BG for a long time (SOTA game that ended on timeout because Alliance was fairly good at killing shit, but refused to actually destroy gates or cap graveyards when I destroyed a gate. Horde couldn't get to our final gate because all the ally just clumped up at the yellow gate).

If you're serious about twinking you might want to look around for some dedicated twink sites? Would be really cool if people got twink RBG's going again.