10+ Year Old Account

Utility Macro for Unholy PvP

So I need a little help with my macros for unholy pvp tonight before our regular arena runs in 2s and 3s.

My macro is as thus:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Every Man For Himself
    /cast !Every Man For Himself
    /cast Desecrated Ground
    It casts both instead of casting only one. I've tried switching the ! and using it on both. I've tried changing the order, too, but to no avail. The main reason I'm macro'ing them is to free up a spot to fit in more keybinds (29 is my max) and I'm out of them. It's amazing how much you need for unholy pvp...

...can anyone help?

Maybe make it into a cast sequence macro instead of that and use a modifier key, ctrl/shift/alt, to pick and choose the one you wanted out of the list of spells. (I used to use one for DWunholy back in the early early days of ulduar.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So I need a little help with my macros for unholy pvp tonight before our regular arena runs in 2s and 3s.

My macro is as thus:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Every Man For Himself
    /cast !Every Man For Himself
    /cast Desecrated Ground
    It casts both instead of casting only one. I've tried switching the ! and using it on both. I've tried changing the order, too, but to no avail. The main reason I'm macro'ing them is to free up a spot to fit in more keybinds (29 is my max) and I'm out of them. It's amazing how much you need for unholy pvp...

...can anyone help?
    Try
    Code:
    #showtooltip Every Man for Himself
    /castsequence reset=120, Every Man for Himself, Desecrated Ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravendale View Post
    Maybe make it into a cast sequence macro instead of that and use a modifier key, ctrl/shift/alt, to pick and choose the one you wanted out of the list of spells. (I used to use one for DWunholy back in the early early days of ulduar.)
    It's already on a shift-modifier (the actual keybind), which is Shift-R. I just wanted to press it a second time within two minutes if my first ability is down to get out of stuns/loss of control

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Try
    Code:
    #showtooltip Every Man for Himself
    /castsequence reset=120, Every Man for Himself, Desecrated Ground
    That worked perfectly. That let me hit it twice in a row (if necessary) to use both but I got to use them as I wanted, not at once. Thanks!

The ! has no effect on instant cast spells like that.
    It is used to stop toggle spells (DnD, Heroic Leap, old Heroic Strike, etc) from untoggling on multiple presses, but as far as I know most all spells that have such a mechanic have this function built in.
    As for the desired function, a castsequence would definitely have to be used if you really want to have them both on the same button, even though I strongly recommend not doing that.

Code:
    /castsequence [reset=120]every man for himself; desecrated ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    The ! has no effect on instant cast spells like that.
    It is used to stop toggle spells (DnD, Heroic Leap, old Heroic Strike, etc) from untoggling on multiple presses, but as far as I know most all spells that have such a mechanic have this function built in.
    As for the desired function, a castsequence would definitely have to be used if you really want to have them both on the same button, even though I strongly recommend not doing that.

Code:
    /castsequence [reset=120]every man for himself; desecrated ground
    Curious as to why you don't want someone to do that. I'm running out of room for abilities and it seemed to work better as one button I can press than having two keybinds dedicated to the same task.

Curious as to why you don't want someone to do that. I'm running out of room for abilities and it seemed to work better as one button I can press than having two keybinds dedicated to the same task.
    I'd imagine he recommends not doing that because one spell may be more suited for a situation than another, which is why I added the suggestion of adding a modifier in the macro so that even if the order of use is listed as EMFH -> desecrated ground, you could still pick to use desecrated ground first instead of EMFH (assuming both off CD).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine he recommends not doing that because one spell may be more suited for a situation than another, which is why I added the suggestion of adding a modifier in the macro so that even if the order of use is listed as EMFH -> desecrated ground, you could still pick to use desecrated ground first instead of EMFH (assuming both off CD).
    That makes sense to me. I'll see how it works in our matches tonight and if I find I need more control again I'll change it or go back to two keybinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought desecrated ground removed cc effects....
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    I thought desecrated ground removed cc effects....
    It does, but it doesn't remove soft CC effects, snares, or roots I think. (Not sure on roots)
    Rogue from 2004-Summer 2005
    Pally from Summer 2005-WOTLK Release
    DK tank, All WOTLK including HLK.
    DK DPS, Heroic Firelands... Didn't raid Tier 11, or normal mode Firelands
    Formerly of Medivh-US

This is a bad a idea. At the most you will want a modifier macro something like /cast [nomodifier] every man for himself /cast [modifier:shift] desecrated ground, because desecrated grounds doesn't remove disarms and silence effects both which could stop you from popping a defensive or landing a kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does, but it doesn't remove soft CC effects, snares, or roots I think. (Not sure on roots)
    It won't remove roots or snares. Only your trinket will, which is why I'm advised against using this macro without a modifier.

It won't remove roots or snares. Only your trinket will, which is why I'm advised against using this macro without a modifier.
    I was one who suggested the modifier, I was just clarifying for Taiknee.

I didn't say I am advising, I said I was advised (by you), to use a modifier.
    I'm so confused. Disregard this post, sorry. ><
    Last edited by Ravendale; 2013-01-09 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was one who suggested the modifier, I was just clarifying for Taiknee.
    I didn't say I am advising, I said I was advised (by you), to use a modifier.