Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Is the Taoren gun worth waiting for?

I'm currently debating this. I still want it, but it's been a frustrating wait because so far I've "wasted" quite a few Elder Charms trying to roll for it.

Wowhead reports that between http://www.wowhead.com/item=86889 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=86801 (the latter of which I possess and have upgraded 2/2), Taoren is the clear winner. I've already got the Agility Sha-Gem ready for the gun, so I only need the gun itself.

Question is, is it really worth waiting for? I don't feel like spending weeks and weeks of Elder Charms just to get loot I already have and/or don't want.

Deleted
    I believe it is worth it - even if it is just for the +500 Agility gem (something that scales with certain buffs). I can't present you with any mathematical proof that the gun on its own is better, but surely the research you had done already has shown you this?

We've all been unlucky with those coins - but, their function isn't to *give* us loot. It's to give us an extra *chance* on it.

Yes, Taoren is quite superior. Especially with the 500 agi gem. It is the biggest upgrade you can get.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Essenji View Post
    Yes, Taoren is quite superior. Especially with the 500 agi gem. It is the biggest upgrade you can get.
    Very well. I will keep trying. Although I'm not too happy that I have to wait a week until I can try again for it. But then what choice do I have!!?

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Very well. I will keep trying. Although I'm not too happy that I have to wait a week until I can try again for it. But then what choice do I have!!?
    I've killed Lei Shei on multiple difficulties for a total of 11 times and used 11 charms and haven't seen the gun.

I'm starting to think it isn't real.

Random loot is random.

Personally I've gotten both normal and heroic Taoren from coins.

Proving the weapon will receive even more upgrades with the legendary quest line, it may be a weapon you use for a long long time.

Well since you linked the LFR version I don't see why you have to wait a week. You can use a charm each subsequent run in a week for a chance at loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Random loot is random.

Personally I've gotten both normal and heroic Taoren from coins.
    This guy.....super lucky that one is. 5 kills (including tokens) before I got mine last night.....sucka.

Got Both LFR and Normal Taoren with the coins too... lol

Yet to see Terror in the Mists... ¬¬

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Got Both LFR and Normal Taoren with the coins too... lol

Yet to see Terror in the Mists... ¬¬
    Do you have a Relic? Technically heroic Terror is better, but Relic is pretty close to heroic and is definitely better than normal Terror. Unless you still need Bottle too, I guess.

Order of BiS goes: H Gun > N Gun > H Bow > LFR Gun > N Bow > BMAH gun> LFR Bow. Do note that this includes the sha gem slot being slotted on the gun.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-01-08 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Well since you linked the LFR version I don't see why you have to wait a week. You can use a charm each subsequent run in a week for a chance at loot.
    This. If you really, really want the gun, use all 3 elder coins each week on Lei Shi.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Do you have a Relic? Technically heroic Terror is better, but Relic is pretty close to heroic and is definitely better than normal Terror. Unless you still need Bottle too, I guess.

I dont have the relic... I've been refusing to buy it cause week after week im wating for Terror in the Mists (but never drops), and i thought both were close on DPS. Still waiting for Bottle too (only got the LFR one). Im incredibly unlucky with trinkets, after 8 Elegons kills on Normal and 3 on Heroic, still no Bottles for me... ¬¬

Im currently using LFR Bottle + upgraded Zen Alchemyst Stone, although i have Jade Bandit Figurine on bag. Tried to use JBF for a while, but i wasnt doing well with it... Dont know if it is bad for BM or i wasnt using it properly...

Any tips?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Order of BiS goes: H Gun > N Gun > H Bow > LFR Gun > N Bow > BMAH gun> LFR Bow. The Heroic bow might be better than normal gun if you are a troll but you'd have to sim it and it's not what you are asking. Do note that this includes the sha gem slot being slotted on the gun.
    troll and dwarf racial have been changed to work with all 3 ranged weapon types.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    troll and dwarf racial have been changed to work with all 3 ranged weapon types.
    Wasn't aware of that change. Thanks.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Order of BiS goes: H Gun > N Gun > H Bow > LFR Gun > N Bow > BMAH gun> LFR Bow. Do note that this includes the sha gem slot being slotted on the gun.
    What BMAH Gun do you speak of?

What BMAH Gun do you speak of?

This one: http://www.wowhead.com/item=90176

You don't have to wait if you have more coins. Just run LFR again and use your coin on Lei Shi. You won't get a "free" roll for loot on him, but you can use your coin over and over during the week.

I just got my gun last week from my coin roll! Still haven't seen any of his other loot that I want, however.