Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    One thing I kind of noticed that I want to complain about but am not quite sure on. It seems like if he is hiding in a bush (lets say river near mid) for a gank, souls were popping up. Can the enemy team see them like we could? Does Thresh have to be fairly close for them to spawn? This could be an issue if it "shows" he is nearby to opponents, if people were planning on jungling with him anyway.
    Yes, they are visible to the enemy. It's part of his counter-play. Does hurt his gank potential, but really he has terrible clearing so he probably shouldn't jungle. I had issues just clearing a lane when I dropped him in a custom game to check his soul gains. Clearing the jungle is even worse. He is a fantastic support and could work as an AD bruiser top lane (yes AD). His AP ratios are absolutely terrible (minus ult) and when you build him AD the Q passive hits like a truck.

Deleted
    I fought a tresh last night and I was noticing souls but not him, I wonder how close he has to be.

Deleted
    Pretty damn close. NEarly touching them to pick them up. And as a player that tried him out i have this to say "Click the fucking lantern you eeeeeeeejots" Set up for the perfect gank. Grabbed lantern out and thrashed.. and... The person walked into lane blowing it all. Also The lantern picks up any souls that are near it when thrown.

what about AS / OH?.... i know with his Q passive it has potential to be REDICULAS

Deleted
    what is OH?

stands for "On Hit"

I think going for a more bruiser/pure AD-type would be more efficient (think Riven), since the more AD he has, the harder he hits (referring to his 200% of AD-thing).
    He doesn't really gain anything from attack speed, since the hits get harder over time, he'll just benefit less from AD if he hits faster.

So stuff like Bloodthirster, Frozen Mallet, Maw of Malwhatsitcalled, Black Cleaver, and so on.

Hmmmm, true. I just thought the AS on hit would work since you are GAURANTEED bonus magic dmg via souls. so you can treat it like a wits end or malady

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I think going for a more bruiser/pure AD-type would be more efficient (think Riven), since the more AD he has, the harder he hits (referring to his 200% of AD-thing).
    He doesn't really gain anything from attack speed, since the hits get harder over time, he'll just benefit less from AD if he hits faster.

So stuff like Bloodthirster, Frozen Mallet, Maw of Malwhatsitcalled, Black Cleaver, and so on.
    Mallet has nice stats but the effect would be wasted on him, he's already got ridiculous peeling and control.

That and he's ranged so he gets the reduced effect to begin with.

It was more about making him beefier while still giving him some attack damage. If there are any other items that give him health and AD, then you could probably use that instead.

Deleted
    Playing vs bot, im on 99 souls after 26 mins, aa range seems good, e is hard to master.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Playing vs bot, im on 99 souls after 26 mins, aa range seems good, e is hard to master.

PLay him as an AD carry, with almost 400 AD his passive on Q deals an extra 1200 magic dmg and that's just crazy, one shotted an annie yesterday.

He is also the only AD carry then who can protect himself quite nicely and has a lot of base armor late game. You can also get your friends to help you with your lantern.

Really try it out, it was a cool game.

Won it btw, ended up something like 15-5-12

Deleted
    Went 1st game draft....our 1st pick banned him

It's normal for people to ban new champions, simply because they're afraid of those who play him with no idea how to play him properly.

Also because he's new, so people don't know what to do against him yet.

Deleted
    Lost the first one with him, noone clicked my lantern.
    I grab teemo, 3 of my team watch me dieing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Yes, they are visible to the enemy. It's part of his counter-play. Does hurt his gank potential, but really he has terrible clearing so he probably shouldn't jungle.
    A bit wrong there. The souls are only visible if Thresh is visible as well. In other words, if you camp in the brush the souls will pop up, but enemy will not see them until you show yourself to engage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    A bit wrong there. The souls are only visible if Thresh is visible as well. In other words, if you camp in the brush the souls will pop up, but enemy will not see them until you show yourself to engage.
    Really? Interesting. I thought they always saw them. I know I had to lantern some souls from the bushes because my enemies sat around them to zone me, but maybe they just had good warding.

Also, just so you guys know, when you Q someone, if you start walking you can drag them slightly farther than just pulling. Not the best thing on a max range pull because you might walk out of range, but good for short range pulls since you are still right there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Really? Interesting. I thought they always saw them. I know I had to lantern some souls from the bushes because my enemies sat around them to zone me, but maybe they just had good warding.
    Mind you, I'm just quoting someone else here, no experience on Thresh personally yet. Might have changed since PBE and the person I am quoting might have been wrong themselves - however, the version I described seems logical enough and a better solution than the souls always being visible, so I am going to believe it until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-01-24 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    Just watched two featured streams in client with gold and platinum players - first game, thresh was mid and got absolutely butchered, second game, he was jungling and he had very slow clears and fell way behind. Hoping to see some streams of him actually supporting.

It seems Thresh has been viable as a top and a support. He seems pretty effective wherever in Ranked, I think this guy will be the next insta-ban champ.