Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I would still rather ban Blitz than him. At least Thresh can't pull your AD carry over a wall for a surprise party in late game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I would still rather ban Blitz than him. At least Thresh can't pull your AD carry over a wall for a surprise party in late game.
    He can pull himself and a teammate over though for a fun jungle box. I think that is just as scary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    He can pull himself and a teammate over though for a fun jungle box. I think that is just as scary.
    Yeah, it is scary - but nowhere near as game-changing as hitting a fist on the AD carry 40 minutes into the game. ^.^

Deleted
    I dunno, I found his lantern plays very obvious and telegraphed so far. Might've only encountered Thresh...es? that haven't gotten much experience so far, though. He doesn't seem to be capable of accomplishing much if he can't get Death Sentence to latch during the laning phase, but it made my heart stop every time I ate one. x.x

All I'll say is don't let first impressions get you underestimating people.

So many times, I see people getting owned by Syndra because "she suks lol", or underestimating a Blitzcrank support just because he missed a few hooks. Thresh has got the tools to f--- you up, so don't let down your guard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    I dunno, I found his lantern plays very obvious and telegraphed so far. Might've only encountered Thresh...es? that haven't gotten much experience so far, though. He doesn't seem to be capable of accomplishing much if he can't get Death Sentence to latch during the laning phase, but it made my heart stop every time I ate one. x.x
    Thresh has the tools to screw you over just by getting in AA range. You have to either stay away from him or catch him out. Multiple times I would just get into flay range to initiate, then use his pull to bring them back in. He not only has the tools to make you die, but he also has the damage to secure it.

Honestly, I'm glad I haven't seen and enemy Thresh yet. I'm not scared of many supports because they have low damage, but Thresh has the CC to make that lower damage hurt.

Deleted
    Well, I've been playing it safe until I get some more experience fighting the guy. Guess it was the right thing to do! But then again, guess that's what you always do against something as offensive as Thresh, unless you prefer going 0/7/1 in your lane.

Do want him myself, but I've been lazy with playing games lately so there's a bunch of IP grinding to go. x.x
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-01-24 at 04:49 PM.

I haven't tried him yet myself, at least not on Live. I want to try to run him with a friend playing ADC before I play with randoms.

By the way, what runes are you guys running on him? I imagine AD marks as support would compliment his Q a bit, though you don't max it first. Right now, I'm planning on going with the suggested Armor/Armor/MR/GP5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I haven't tried him yet myself, at least not on Live. I want to try to run him with a friend playing ADC before I play with randoms.

By the way, what runes are you guys running on him? I imagine AD marks as support would compliment his Q a bit, though you don't max it first. Right now, I'm planning on going with the suggested Armor/Armor/MR/GP5.
    My build so far: Standard support runes: Armor/Armor/MR/GP5. My personal support tree of 1/2/27. I've actually been going R > Q > W > E. W has been mostly used as an "Oh shit" button and since no one knows to click it yet it's a waste of the lowered CD. Maxing Q first lets your harass hit harder as well.

Huh, usually I run a bit more defense when it comes to supports, but that's probably a personal preference-thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Huh, usually I run a bit more defense when it comes to supports, but that's probably a personal preference-thing.
    I used to have a tree that ran that, but I didn't like it as much. Link to my masteries. It's page 4.

Deleted
    Not played ingame yet, but they failed to change this crap, and he'll be permaban material.

Here is a baby-simple deal-throw lantern to jungle, have jungler gank from it. And here you come with ghetto Shen ult, which is one of the things making Shen permaban.

This will require insane amount of warding to counter, so it's not even nice. And even those wards will not eliminate some mistakes that will get people killed...
    Like when Lee teleports on thrash, then jumps over Ezreal (or ward) who shifts behind enemy and just ultimate people back. Lee was never balanced around being able to teleport instantly into gank.
    Or just some other kind of wild CC appears..

I've also noticed no one does research on this shit... Ahri getting be man ganked over the jungle wall.... I throw lantern, 5 secs later she dies...
    "you know if you click the lantern it brings u to me right?"
    "I just thought it was a shield -__-"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    I've also noticed no one does research on this shit... Ahri getting be man ganked over the jungle wall.... I throw lantern, 5 secs later she dies...
    "you know if you click the lantern it brings u to me right?"
    "I just thought it was a shield -__-"
    Stop the presses

People didn't do research for a character they don't play in a casual video game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Not played ingame yet, but they failed to change this crap, and he'll be permaban material.

Here is a baby-simple deal-throw lantern to jungle, have jungler gank from it. And here you come with ghetto Shen ult, which is one of the things making Shen permaban.

This will require insane amount of warding to counter, so it's not even nice. And even those wards will not eliminate some mistakes that will get people killed...
    Like when Lee teleports on thrash, then jumps over Ezreal (or ward) who shifts behind enemy and just ultimate people back. Lee was never balanced around being able to teleport instantly into gank.
    Or just some other kind of wild CC appears..
    Thresh is one big mind game. In my last game I didn't get to play him but one was on my team. I was jungling Fiora. I sat in tri-bush for a gank. He ran up like he was pretending to ward, dropped his lantern, than ran into the lane. As soon as he was near the enemy I clicked the Lantern and was in perfect range for a Q jump. Easy gank and kill. I was 11/0/x before suiciding right as we won because bottom lane was just a murder fest.

Deleted
    Wonder how he would do with a non ranged AD. Not thinking about the meta for the sake of it. Bruiser guy jumps in, does tons of damage, can jump back to you.

Things like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Thresh is one big mind game.
    More like complete paranoia. The question is more like who will enjoy the free spot after thrash will be permabanned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    More like complete paranoia. The question is more like who will enjoy the free spot after thrash will be permabanned?
    Well there already are two open spots for bans. Malph, Shen, Blitz, Amumu. After that my choice bans are Elise, Alistair, Eve, and Yorick. Depends on who and where I want to play. If Thresh is an issue I can easily add him in.

Just one thing. If you're too oblivious to notice that the enemy Thresh throws his lantern, or if you let him waltz up to you to get the jungler in range, then you deserve to be owned by him.

If he suddenly throws his lantern into the brush or jungle then it should be pretty clear that you should back off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    People didn't do research for a character they don't play in a casual video game
    Which takes watching a 5-minute spotlight video.
    We'll have to invent the term "hipster-casual" soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think is the best AD carry to accompany Thresh?