Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Thresh is a "mind-game" champion, so he's good for preying on people who don't know better, or playing with their heads pretending you're going to get them, and so on.
    Yes, if the enemy is smart, he becomes less effective, while champions like Taric just brings utility that's useful at any time.

Still, you might just have been lucky meeting bad Thresh players. He's pretty new, so people aren't completely used to him yet.

Deleted
    Tbh I have had more succes with him top for some reason. Could be he is not my style of suppor (or I just suck with him). Building him relatively tanky (warmog, abbysal, bullwark for example) with a nashors. Don't be super agressive, rather harass a bit and just farm farm farm and try to get a kill or assist when jungler comes. In teamfights it's all about the ridiculous CC you can bring. He must be one of the best AD protectors in the damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemair View Post
    So far everyone has been saying how terrifying Thresh is. This guy is by far the worst support I have played against, every game I play against him, he does nothing. The hook is easily avoidable ~ stand behind minions (it also x10 worse than Blitz's, barely moves you in comparison), his ult box is just Veigar but with nothing to back it up, the lantern is by far the best thing this guy can offer, even then you just have to wait it out. While it was enjoyable to have him on my team playing Ashe, there are much better supports in my opinion such as Taric (IMO).

The most terrifying combo I have seen with Thresh out of all the bot ADC I have played against is MF. The chain + box with MF "cacklebullets" as previously stated is devastating, but very rarely does it happen sucessfully as he is easily avoidable. Every single one of his moves telegraphs other than his ult, and even then you know when he's going to do something, because his range is piss poor. Or am I the only one that backs away when I see an advancing champion?
    I don't know his support is really about the lane game as much as team fights. His lantern can allow for some slick moves, such as having the teams initiator dive in, gets the shield and right as any CC comes at him, clicks and is safe from harm allowing the carries on his team to be safer since they have less to worry about.

Deleted
    People must learn how to click the damn lantern!

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    I don't know his support is really about the lane game as much as team fights. His lantern can allow for some slick moves, such as having the teams initiator dive in, gets the shield and right as any CC comes at him, clicks and is safe from harm allowing the carries on his team to be safer since they have less to worry about.
    More than anything after messing around with him, I find Thresh to be the Lee Sin of supports, in that he can set up some absolutely unfair stuff (I.E. me accidentally pulling myself into an ADC, realized it was a good thing, pulled a Darius in with me on a lantern, E+Box GG). But because he is a support, he needs his team to follow it up correctly, which is...rare, at best. I can tell I'll never be able to get that good with him, but I'll still try anyway.

And yes, I think that he just might be in for some nerfs/bans since most of this is not really item reliant, but it's hard to say considering if you do add items into the equation I could list quite a few "bruisers" more deserving right now. I want to see some Thresh plays a few months from now by a pro who picks him up and "masters" him. It will be glorious to watch.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Why would you say Tristana? o.O
    Box + Buster = zomg?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Box + Buster = zomg?
    I'm thinking you can buster someone through at least two walls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Probably three if the box was angled just right.

Deleted
    Exactly, and that'll probably be an insta-kill on most ADCs too ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Probably three if the box was angled just right.
    And.... ?

Enemies can only be affected by one wall, but can still break additional walls.

Weird, I thought it just halved the effect if they hit additional walls. Guess they changed it.

Deleted
    Pfft, hadn't read the fine print

Deleted
    I'm saying it again, he's underrated toplane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Weird, I thought it just halved the effect if they hit additional walls. Guess they changed it.
    It used to apply the full damage for each wall hit, but i guess that was too "OP" or something along those lines. XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    It used to apply the full damage for each wall hit, but i guess that was too "OP" or something along those lines. XD
    I hate how effects are nerfed just so retarded people don't get totally destroyed.