Page 48 of 116 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Well at least a 1/3 of the remaining people have posted at least once since the night ended, plus I'm guessing people are taking it easy since we have another long day ahead of us.
    Mafia.
    Taking it easy.

Scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geez, what a terrible night for Gotham. Reporter is dead, Batman's informant dead, Mr Freeze dead... Since when did he switch sides? And we've got an insane riddler holding a poor man hostage. The reason I did not vote for kel is because I figured that he was probably a TPR because he asked where to put his night action. Mafia people usually put their actions in a thread, not PM. And the chance of him being a SK was quite low.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Well there is also the bit about scums usually being super cautious about what they say here and not wanting to say something that would be that obvious. I mean sure people can make mistakes sometimes, but that would be a pretty huge one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, based on the dedication seen by Krayzy and Lysah to a Treann lynch, I'm willing to get behind a lynch on either of these two, also based on the Treann lynch, I'm suspicious of TDL, Dyra, and Worge, so:

Vote: Lysah
    FoS Krayzy, TDL, Dyra, Worge.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    Yea, that's a bit strange. Perhaps it was a typo by Greeney?
    I think that was point. I was under the impression that the wording of it was like that as to clue people into the fact that "Grandfather" was not a real person.
    Last edited by Decagon; 2013-01-15 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Forgot the colon.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    How does being stupid make someone scum, look at Worgenite?

FoS Arlee
    hey now! Behave Lysah!

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 04:55 PM ----------

also - I haven't been lurking - I was half awake when I found out it was daytime and I was at work from 7 - 3:30 CST. I just logged on not too long ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I had time to read the thread and catch up. I will say it is no surprise that kel was killed. Silkku and Elyaan I'm going to guess they were just random NKs for the two people/teams who did the kill. Also yet again a pretty simple riddle (I mean really can they not get harder...). Now I will agree that Lysah was still pushing hard for the Treann lynch even when he claimed, but at that point cop would have been the easiest to fake since it is probably common knowledge that he is the main officer. Right now I'm still unsure as to who could be scum but I will do this...

FoS Lysah

10+ Year Old Account

I'll post the NightFury Treann one in its entirity momentarily.

EDIT: This is who voted on the bolded names at what post and why.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 11:25 PM ----------

In the mean time:

UNVOTE.
    VOTE: SaintSinner.

One post out of 947 doesn't look great.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

So....that was an absolute awful day/night for the town -__-;;

I had a theory over night that wasn't too far off from what Lysah mentioned, and while some of it seems to not be the case, I will still mention it for theory sake.

We have no idea what the composition of this game is. We are working under the assumption that is like other games we have played, with town roles and scum roles and the like, but the truth is we don't really know. What if there are no actual scum roles out there?
    Greeney made a comment with the first riddle:
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Figuring the a riddle may not help you, but it definitely won't hurt you.
    What if the response he gets for the riddles determines who dies overnight? Say he decided there will be 3 nightkills. if three people fail to reply, those three people die. if everyone replies, three of the people who answered incorrectly die. And if everyone answered correctly, then just 3 random people die.

-- now this was my original theory which I know suspect to be wrong since elyaan made such a big deal about the riddle being so easy and is now dead, leading me to believe that there are scum teams out there, but maybe the riddle still plays a role, but not in all 3 kills, maybe just one. Or maybe (as someone else mentioned I think?) One of the players is a "hostage" and will die if the riddle is not answered.

just some rambling thoughts...

I recommend not lynching, both on grounds of being town and on the basis of being the most active contributor of the game. Let's not forget that while I did vote on a lynch to kill the cop, so did FIFTEEN OTHER PEOPLE.

Deleted
    Apologies for not being around late in the day on D1. It was the weekend - I partied hard.

I also have no idea what FoS means.

I recommend not lynching, both on grounds of being town and on the basis of being the most active contributor of the game. Let's not forget that while I did vote on a lynch to kill the cop, so did FIFTEEN OTHER PEOPLE.
    But 15 other people joined what looked to be your BW - why were you so keen on treann to be mafia? and I won't hold being active against you - I mean, you sure didn't went you went for treann...

vote: lysah

I am looking for a CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    faraway, FoS means Finger of Suspicion. It is normally a way to say you are suspicious of the person of being a member of a scum team.

10+ Year Old Account
    FoS Listo for being helpful!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't around for the whole fiasco of a day that got Treann to not only role claim (which never should have happened given his role and the fact that he had probably the one role nobody anybody could have guessed at being in the game), but it also led to a number of people jumping in on that role claim. He was in a no win situation there and very few seemed to take the time to guess if he was even telling the truth or not. They used it as their reason for voting on him. What kind of assbackwards logic is that?

I know Lysah was one of the main people pushing for that, but I don't get the feeling that she is scum this game. She was mainly working off of my logic at first (lynching an active person will give us more info than lynching an inactive person). I still feel that is true and now we NEED to take the time to really look into what we have learned. Who jumped in on the Treann lynch and more importantly when and why.

I'd like to kill SaintSinner off for being absolutely worthless to this game so far. We are on our 6th or 7th real day of "day time" and he has posted once!?!?!? WTF? I'm not sure that's a logical kill though because it isn't going to help us learn anything. He hasn't interacted with anyone so lynching him wont tell us anything. That said, it may not teach us much, but it will get a useless spot out of the game. He teaches us even less with his silence. I think I'd rather risk lynching him over lynching someone that is actually contributing to the game and helping us learn more.

So...

Vote SaintSinner

Still plenty of time left for this vote to change. I'd just like to get a vote for him on record right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Do we have 30 or 32 players? What do those 'replacements' after the 30 alive players mean?
    Offtopic-ish: Mr Green, can you please update the Page1 Alive/Dead thing. Thanks [COLOR="red"]
    1. 30; The extra 2 are just people who will get roles if I feel anyone needs to be replaced.
    2. Updated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I wasn't around for the whole fiasco of a day that got Treann to not only role claim (which never should have happened given his role and the fact that he had probably the one role nobody anybody could have guessed at being in the game), but it also led to a number of people jumping in on that role claim. He was in a no win situation there and very few seemed to take the time to guess if he was even telling the truth or not. They used it as their reason for voting on him. What kind of assbackwards logic is that?

I know Lysah was one of the main people pushing for that, but I don't get the feeling that she is scum this game. She was mainly working off of my logic at first (lynching an active person will give us more info than lynching an inactive person). I still feel that is true and now we NEED to take the time to really look into what we have learned. Who jumped in on the Treann lynch and more importantly when and why.

I'd like to kill SaintSinner off for being absolutely worthless to this game so far. We are on our 6th or 7th real day of "day time" and he has posted once!?!?!? WTF? I'm not sure that's a logical kill though because it isn't going to help us learn anything. He hasn't interacted with anyone so lynching him wont tell us anything. That said, it may not teach us much, but it will get a useless spot out of the game. He teaches us even less with his silence. I think I'd rather risk lynching him over lynching someone that is actually contributing to the game and helping us learn more.

So...

Vote SaintSinner

Still plenty of time left for this vote to change. I'd just like to get a vote for him on record right now.
    (Going by the bolded)

A lot of the "logic" used by people intent on lynching Treann (and attempting to convert others into voting for him as well) was employed by you and Lysah.

Again, you and Lysah got on the bandwagon faster than anyone else in the game for any other "reason" other than "Lol, because Treann is fun to vote on the first day", but you managed to say a lot but still not have much reasoning behind lynching Treann (though it was enough to convince everyone to vote on him).

So now that you and others who bandwagoned Treann are catching fire, you'd like to lynch a lurker? I think this is fishy, especially because you were so vehemently opposed to lynching a lurker during Day 1, which would have been better than voting for a lurker now. We have plenty of time to take out lurkers, but for now, we may as well vote for people who we feel are likely to be scum.

Still, I agree with you in the fact that Lysah could be town and was just caught following your logic and now looks scum because Lysah always looks scum and the possibility that she honestly did not know if Treann could be scum or not.

Because of that, I feel you're currently a better lynch target than Lysah, so:

Unvote
    Vote: Krayzy

Also, I'd like to point out that Lysah had unvoted on Treann and voted on Firebert and never gave an explanation (regardless that she was asked by many people), as Lysah herself said, it's generally scummy behavior to ignore things and deflect the conversation onto someone else (i.e. Treann). I feel as though she voted off of Treann momentarily to attempt to trick people who were not paying attention into thinking that she voted later and pushed for a lynch later than she really did, making it look like she had no other options other than leading a lynch bandwagon on Treann.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 05:50 PM ----------

I'd like to point out that YOU were the one who convinced most people to vote on Treann. You were an early "real" vote on him, and you did everything in your power to get him lynched. At one point, you even said that it was likely that he was the cop and that we should just lynch him otherwise. Don't pin this on other people when nearly everyone (including myself) followed YOUR logic to lynch Treann. Your logic turned out to be wrong and we lynched the cop. I'm unwillingly to bet that you're not very good at the game and that it was accidental, especially given that you could have voted on kel (who was proven by Firebert was more likely to be scum than Treann).

^^ To add to that:

How do you figure you are the most active "contributer" in this game? I feel others contributed more and their logic is more soundly resonating with someone who would be town than your logic would.
    Last edited by Decagon; 2013-01-16 at 12:52 AM.

Something.

Enjoy being wrong Decagon. Of course, the only reason you have the confidence to direct an assault at me like this is because you already know who the scum are, just like in previous games when you've launched crusades.

Unvote Vote SaintSinner
    No shows ruin mafia games.

Edit: Wrong name
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-16 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy being wrong Anakso. Of course, the only reason you have the confidence to direct an assault at me like this is because you already know who the scum are, just like in previous games when you've launched crusades.

Unvote Vote SaintSinner
    No shows ruin mafia games.
    No defense in consideration to my post? Care to explain why you find my logic faulty enough to not reply? Or is it rather you trying to deflect the conversation into voting on someone who we know nothing about?

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    No defense in consideration to my post? Care to explain why you find my logic faulty enough to not reply? Or is it rather you trying to deflect the conversation into voting on someone who we know nothing about?
    Let's take a moment to consider why we know nothing about him. I'm honestly tired of defending myself against scum players every game. If the town wants to follow a scum wagon and lynch me, they can feel free. Once again, I am town, I am almost always town, and people can just learn to deal with that fact. My playstyle the main game I was mafia was extraordinarily different, a few players here are good enough to have picked that up, and all of them trust me this game. This leaves us with two conclusions:

A) You are a bad player and arguing with you is a waste of my time.
    B) You are a scum player and arguing with you is a waste of my time.

If you truly are town and feel you have made some huge leap of logic and trumped an extremely veteran power player in this game on day two, well, I don't know what to tell you. Enjoy being wrong.

I have never been seriously crusaded by a town player in my time here at MMOC. Let's consider that for a while. I, of course, do not support lynch immunity on the grounds of being awesome. However, regardless of how much I trust any of the other top players in this game right now I would not vote on any of them. Out of principle; it is the scum who want the most talkative hunters gone in a hurry. I won't OMGUS vote on you today, but I encourage the cops who are still alive to think about what is happening right now.

NFT was an unfortunate victim of his own playstyle the past dozen games. He averages about 3 meaningful posts a game and is almost always scum while doing so. Of course, that says nothing about this game, but considering he is typically excited to get night kill roles, it was not a big leap of faith to assume him having a PR he liked was the reason for his talkativeness. Without trying to hurt anyone's feelings here, trust me when I say that, if I was scum, I certainly would not waste my first day crusading NFT and risking a lynch the following day. If I was going to die to lynch a townie it would be have to be someone like Firebert.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-16 at 01:22 AM.

Deleted
    Let's take a moment to consider why we know nothing about him. I'm honestly tired of defending myself against scum players every game. If the town wants to follow a scum wagon and lynch me, they can feel free. Once again, I am town, I am almost always town, and people can just learn to deal with that fact. My playstyle the main game I was mafia was extraordinarily different, a few players here are good enough to have picked that up, and all of them trust me this game. This leaves us with two conclusions:

If you truly are town and feel you have made some huge leap of logic and trumped an extremely veteran power player in this game on day two, well, I don't know what to tell you. Enjoy being wrong.

I have never been seriously crusaded by a town player in my time here at MMOC. Let's consider that for a while.
    pick the argument, not the player. that's a sign of poor sportsmanship - or the fact that you don't have an argument.

10+ Year Old Account

Statements like the one in bold are why I don't think you have that great of logic in this. I'm sorry, but past events concerning complete randomness have virtually no affect on future events. Believing so is evidence of bad reasoning. Hell, I bet it's a fallacy, but I don't actually know the names of those, so someone else would have to enlighten me on whether it's truly a fallacy or not.

I don't claim to be a better player than you, but I'd like to think that I at least have valid points and that you are not infallible nor are you any less likely than anyone else to receive a scum role.

Seems unrealistic and actually sort of rude to assume that I'm always wrong and you're always right just because you've played this game for much much longer than I have.

Something.