Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR drop rates buffed in 5.2?

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11122917687298

@mumper @ghostcrawler will drops rates for 5.0 lfrs be increased to aid in catchup for alts/new players to 5.2 content?

@Gorndar Yes.

Doesn't seem like the punctuation you wanted. Looks like a time to use a full stop.

Good. It would have been ridiculous to keep the drop rates the same. It would have made Burning Crusade's gearing model seem lightning fast.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Probably means you can run LFR like heroics. You know get 5 runs of gold instead of one a week!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, maybe then I will get that trinket or that weapon that I never seem to get.
    Oh but wait, then it will be useless... because the new raid most likely got better ones :P

Good news for alts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Good. It would have been ridiculous to keep the drop rates the same. It would have made Burning Crusade's gearing model seem lightning fast.
    They are no different then they are/were in Cata, 6 people get loot per boss not counting coins. So buffing it just brings is above normal, it was never too low

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    They are no different then they are/were in Cata, 6 people get loot per boss not counting coins. So buffing it just brings is above normal, it was never too low
    Try again. I mentioned Burning Crusade for a reason. Cata didn't use five separate raids for gearing up during 4.3. In 5.2, Blizzard expects you to use valor points and those five previous LFRs to gear up alts for beginning the Thunder raid. In Burning Crusade you didn't get 24 other people who needed gear when you went to older raids to gear up alts or new guildmates. Most of them were just there to run you through it. Sometimes, all of them but that single toon already outgeared the raid.

Since we're moving back to the "no raid is obsolete for a fresh max level character" model, it's a sign of actually foresight for them to up the drop rate on old LFRs. I stand by my statement.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Yeah 6 ppl get loot, except you have NO SAY if you want loot. What if i'm doing LFR for valor point cap for the week and get a piece of gear I dont need? Shit I have gotten about 5 pieces of tier off Ambershaper/Empress so far and I dont want/need any of them, so some unlikely bastard got cheated out of their roll because I won over them when i would have passed on a token in DS when it dropped.

thats not how this loot works. there is no set number of people who get drops. it could be everyone or no one. its totally random now

Deleted
    False information is false. RNG is RNG.

Deleted
    So now i keep getting loot from every boss more often, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    Yeah 6 ppl get loot, except you have NO SAY if you want loot. What if i'm doing LFR for valor point cap for the week and get a piece of gear I dont need? Shit I have gotten about 5 pieces of tier off Ambershaper/Empress so far and I dont want/need any of them, so some unlikely bastard got cheated out of their roll because I won over them when i would have passed on a token in DS when it dropped.
    You passing on loot would only reduce the total amount of loot gained by the raid and gold gained by you, it would have no other effect. Besides, most people didn't pass on stuff they didn't need in DS either. Be happy you got the token instead of the gold. The token is worth almost twice as much, potentially more if you're an enchanter.

I don't understand why people keep asking for being able to pass in LFR. At most, i could see choosing "give me gold anyway" or "disenchant" for a boss, but anything beyond that is either pointless or not going to happen.
    The system wasn't changed to get people more loot, it was changed to reduce drama and anti-social behaviour. It quite certainly succeeded on that.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You passing on loot would only reduce the total amount of loot gained by the raid and gold gained by you, it would have no other effect. Besides, most people didn't pass on stuff they didn't need in DS either. Be happy you got the token instead of the gold. The token is worth almost twice as much, potentially more if you're an enchanter.

I don't understand why people keep asking for being able to pass in LFR. At most, i could see choosing "give me gold anyway" or "disenchant" for a boss, but anything beyond that is either pointless or not going to happen.
    The system wasn't changed to get people more loot, it was changed to reduce drama and anti-social behaviour. It quite certainly succeeded on that.
    Because they don't need it an are not selfish bastards? Makes total sense to me.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Yes but those 6 people didn't got dupes of items they already got. I'm heroic-mode raider, with 496 average ilvl, and still sporting blue weapon, unable to use any of those sweet quest rewards, thus having hard time keeping up with other guildies who ALL have sha weapns by now. Why? No epic ranged weapon dropped for me so far, no will bow nor leishi gun. LFR system, normal/heroic mode drops + coin rolls - no success. That's a freaking WEAPON, not some odd pair of gloves or trinket. Yet I'm waiting three months to see one. What I'm getting from LFR? Gold bags, downgrades and dupes which get straight to vendor.

Old system was much better IF you didn't had trolling pricks in your raid. Leishi gun drops - ok nobody except hunters CAN even need on it, that leaves me + maybe 1-3 other people. Now - i get gold/dupe while hunter who already has normal gun gets LFR gun and shards it cos he cannot trade it.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    False information is false. RNG is RNG.
    Okay how is this false? Blizz wouldn't and did not make it so that rng is all ti does. That could mean everybody gets a piece of loot or nobody gets loot. They coded it so that roughly 6 people everytime gets a piece of loot (not counting coins). It is rng who gets it but it's NO DIFFERENT from how Cata's one LFR is. Around 6 items dropped there, and around 6 drop now.

Do a survery each time you kill something as to who gets loot, its always around 6 with slight variation.

And lightning I quoted you because it's no faster now then it is if you were in DS LFR except that people could pass loot around there making people cheese it

Okay how is this false? Blizz wouldn't and did not make it so that rng is all ti does. That could mean everybody gets a piece of loot or nobody gets loot. They coded it so that roughly 6 people everytime gets a piece of loot (not counting coins). It is rng who gets it but it's NO DIFFERENT from how Cata's one LFR is. Around 6 items dropped there, and around 6 drop now.

Do a survery each time you kill something as to who gets loot, its always around 6 with slight variation.

And lightning I quoted you because it's no faster now then it is if you were in DS LFR except that people could pass loot around there making people cheese it
    its been stated by blues multiple times and a ton of threads of people crying that no drops have happened on a boss when they queued with guild. rng is rng.

Well I am glad they are increasing the droprates.
    I also hope they widen up the lockout......

Being able to run it once will not make it a very good catch up mechanism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    No, nobody got cheated, it's not like there's a max amount of ppl that can win. In theory there could even be 25 people winning an item. So noone is being cheated in any way just because you got an item...

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    Because they don't need it an are not selfish bastards? Makes total sense to me.
    Selfishness is irrelevant, because everybody gets a private roll/chance and it has nothing to do with others passing. So basically what you're saying is, LFR gives me free gold but I don't want it.... because that's what is boils down too if you want to pass instead of just taking the item...
    Nobody else gains anything by it...

Blizz said (Somewhere, CBA to look up the exact post) that "Nobody wins" and "Everybody wins" are possible (Small chance, but possible), sure, the system was set so that 6 people win on average, but the game doesn't stop rolling for the rest of a group when 6 people got an item or anything...

As for the droprate-boost, given that queue-times for this LFR-tier will probably skyrocket (With everybody moving on to the new content), having to sit through those queues fewer times to get to the current content is more than welcome.

Gearing up right now is not hard. Farm 5 mans for blues. LFR once a week, Sha once a week, If you can't kill first 3-5 bosses in MV in blues you really have more to worry about then gear.

People just because you can't see the random number generator doesn't mean the system is out to get you.