Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] TV shows you didn't think you would like?

What are some tv shows you didn't think you would like but actually love after watching.

Im watching a show called Kyle XY, and while the acting isn't the best for some reason i cant stop watching it. On season 2 now.

Deleted
    Chuck...still need to pick it back up from season 3.

Stargate SG-1, I didn't think too much about the original Stargate movie, but once this series took of after a few eps I realized it was something totaly different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Homeland. The subject matter usually bores me but it was *mostly* well done. Really well acted, good focus on characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've grown quite fond of House. Very surprised because I'm not usually a fan of hospital shows.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Law & Order
    How I Met Your Mother
    House M.D.

Usually if I don't think I'll like a show, I don't even give it a chance. In these three cases, I just happened to be in the room while a family member was watching.

Girls. When I heard all this business about it being compared to Sex and the City, it was a turn off. But then I started watching it when we got HBO and it immediately drew me in. It's much better than Sex and the City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    Girls. When I heard all this business about it being compared to Sex and the City, it was a turn off. But then I started watching it when we got HBO and it immediately drew me in. It's much better than Sex and the City.
    Lena Dunham, ughh

10+ Year Old Account
    I fought watching Battlestar Gallactica for a while because I thought that it was too much drama for drama's sake. After getting through a few episodes I was hooked.
    I like sandwiches

Wilfred, the U.S version. Had heard of it and thought it sounded ridiculous. But it's hilarious :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Greys Anatomy (don't hate), The League (subject-matter based hatred, since football = idrgaf), Wilfred (on first watch I thought it was absolutely terrible/stupid), Bob's Burgers (worried it'd be more of a clone, like Cleveland Show et all)...

Can't think of more off the top of my head atm, but I'm sure there have been more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't think I'd like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, or Mad Men. I love and watch all 3 of them now.

Teen Wolf. I know, I know, it's MTV, it looks like The OC with wolves, but it kept surprising me until I was hooked. Despite the fanservice (there are a lot of torsos on show), the writers seem to be taking the concept seriously and have crafted a nice mythology, each season is well planned out and they managed to use a few new twists to make the werewolf mythology interesting (I always thought werewolves were a bit half-assed compared to vampires in this sense). Though with that said, Season 2 broadening the scope beyond werewolves was a welcome change. It's not Buffy in terms of depth or quality but it has that sort of appeal. Oh and Stiles makes the show.

EDIT: Oh and the UK Skins. I just thought it was a bit...trashy(?) at first glance but within three episodes you realise how tragic these people's lives are. They bring depth and warmth to the characters. Bring on the final season this year!
    Last edited by Jackdemenzes; 2013-01-08 at 07:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me has been Last Resort, thought would hate it and I am loving it.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

Community. Still not sure if I like it actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    Heh, really got to agree, also my favorite show of last year, really surprised me. Season 2 this Sunday, can't wait ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Being Human (UK): The trailers looks like a sitcom, in reality it's a fairly grim drama... with some comedy and Russel Tovey
    Him and Her: Another BBC3 show with a poor advert, but when I ACTUALLY watched the show it was very well written, with great characters, and Russel Tovey
    Wilfred (US):... Another BBC3 show... are you seeing the pattern again bad adverts, it looked retarded, but I caught an episode that was on after Family Guy and haven't looked back since great great GREAT show
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I used to mindlessly bash the Jersey Shore and blame it and it's philosophy for everything bad in the world. Then I watched it and became hooked.

Mostly shows that my wife watches. Downton Abbey is strangely addictive, and Pretty Little Liars is pretty trite, but I find myself awkwardly involved in.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    The walking dead. Not a huge zombie fan but Damn I love that show. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I put off watching The Wire for years becauase "meh, another crime/police drama" which was a total fucking mistake since it's the best TV series I've ever watched.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |