Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

AVGN Banned from Youtube.....wat

Middle of watching a video and BAM, "this account has been suspended for blahblablah". James & the Cinemassacre page are saying suspended and Mike's page is giving a 404 Not Found error.

Any ideas about what the last video uploaded was that might of caused it? Or maybe it's just a stunt to get publicity. Hard to tell but I'm hoping to find out.

edit: Apparently a few other accounts have had this happen recently so maybe they are cracking down on certain types of accounts.

(AVGN = Angry Video Game Nerd, a Youtube personality that has been making "angry" video reviews of old games)

UPDATE : His Youtube Account is now available again at > http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesNintendoNerd
    But his Cinemassacre account is still banned > http://www.youtube.com/user/Cinemassacre
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-01-09 at 04:01 AM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Who is AVGN?

Angry Video Game Nerd. I loved going back and watching some of the older videos to get a nice nostalgia-trip.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    Who is AVGN?
    I was wondering the same thing... a google search brings up "Angry Video Game Nerd". I assume this is what he's talking about?

... I always hate it when people make posts or talk to you about something they're into assuming the rest of the world was into it.

That happened twice to me prior. One was a woman in an elevator who asked me "So, who do you think will get voted off Survivor tonight?" - that was actually the very first time I heard of Surivor. The second time was when a friend of mine called me up all distraught, telling me the bad news that Dale Ernheart died - and he actually got mad at me thinking I was joking when I asked him "Who is Dale Ernhear?" ((FYI for those who don't know: Dale Ernheart is, or rather was, apparently a popular NASCAR driver.)))

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Angry Video Game Nerd. I loved going back and watching some of the older videos to get a nice nostalgia-trip.
    Well, beat me to it. :P

Deleted
    Oh man that's bad, his NES reviews were funny

I have a feeling that this has something to do with SEGA / Shining Force series... 928,323 subscribers... such a pitty.

Youtube basically gives you 3 copyright strikes and after bans your ass. TotalBiscuit was hit by this as well... he's not banned but because of some 15 years old video game that you can't even buy legally (one of the SF games) he has 2 copyright strikes so yeah...

If it's SEGA they deserve all the hate they can get. They even closed youtube accounts where people SPOKE about shining force without any actual game footage (like vlogs).

Just go to 14:20 in the video.

Destructoid article.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-01-08 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This pisses me off, and i hope he appeals. To my knowedge, he doesnt try to profit off the stuff he's making other than bring attention to his other projects. Wouldnt this fall under parody protection?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty sad, I hope we learn a little bit more on why he got ban. I dont think its the sega strike they got out 1 month ago (at least not by themself)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah I had heard about that whole Shining Force fiasco. If he's perma'ed for that then wow that sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Gametrailers doesnt use youtube (because im an idiot and not sure), his videos should still be up over there although Im having a difficult time loading them. May just be my craptastic internet.

That's surprising, I hope we get a statement from him soon.

Wow, that sucks

In relation to this though, if anyone's curious about watching AVGN: http://cinemassacre.com/2007/04/08/f...f-avgn-videos/
    www.Cinemassacre.com is also James Rolfe's & Mike Matei's site. You'll find their other works/reviews/series all over there, but the link above is a direct link to all 109 AVGN episodes.

I'm pretty curious if Mike reviewing Dark Souls actually did them in. I'd love to know why if that was truly the case.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Wow, that sucks

In relation to this though, if anyone's curious about watching AVGN: http://cinemassacre.com/2007/04/08/f...f-avgn-videos/

I'm pretty curious if Mike reviewing Dark Souls actually did them in. I'd love to know why if that was truly the case.
    The newsest videos on that list are linked to youtube, so those wont work. The older episodes that are hosted on other video sharing sites are ok though.

and if Gametrailers.com does actually end up working and is not merely a redirect from youtube, youtube just kissed my potential advertsing dollars goodbye, as AVGN is the only thing i watched through youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. No loss. Maybe people will form their own opinons now

Just watched the TB video, very interesting and it seems strange that they did that and it's really sad what happened to a lot of youtube channels because of this ridiculous claim.

Just seems stupid to me =\.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Wow, that sucks

www.Cinemassacre.com is also James Rolfe's & Mike Matei's site. You'll find their other works/reviews/series all over there, but the link above is a direct link to all 109 AVGN episodes.

Hey... I just realized you're Pewpewblast (obviously) from my server (Suramar), I didn't know you came on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The newsest videos on that list are linked to youtube, so those wont work. The older episodes that are hosted on other video sharing sites are ok though.
    Just wait. James keeps all the files associated with his episodes, so I'm sure he'll find another place to upload the newer ones. Keep in mind, this just happened today (which I can confirm as I watched Mike's Dark Souls review which came out this morning) so it's not like they had this planned or anything to upload them quickly.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    Hey... I just realized you're Pewpewblast (obviously) from my server (Suramar), I didn't know you came on here.
    Lol hi!

Yeah, I'm all over the place
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to watch him on his website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Well I guess I'll never buy another game with the SEGA logo on it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope AVGN takes a Diarrhea dump in their ears.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I was wondering the same thing... a google search brings up "Angry Video Game Nerd". I assume this is what he's talking about?

... I always hate it when people make posts or talk to you about something they're into assuming the rest of the world was into it.

That happened twice to me prior. One was a woman in an elevator who asked me "So, who do you think will get voted off Survivor tonight?" - that was actually the very first time I heard of Surivor. The second time was when a friend of mine called me up all distraught, telling me the bad news that Dale Ernheart died - and he actually got mad at me thinking I was joking when I asked him "Who is Dale Ernhear?" ((FYI for those who don't know: Dale Ernheart is, or rather was, apparently a popular NASCAR driver.)))

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 07:10 AM ----------

Well, beat me to it. :P
    I always hate when someone who doesn't know something that Millions others do, take it upon themselves to act like they were done wrong for not knowing.

I'll most likely stop buying sega games.... right after I get aliens colonial marines that is.