Poll: What would you like to see?

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    its illegal in my province.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is no use fighting it, prostitution wont go away, so we might aswell tax it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Prostitution may not be legal here in the U.S., but epic bad decision making is. Honestly, I think some prostitutes have the right idea. Why not get paid for doing what they were going to do anyway. I would personally never touch one. They are disgusting. No matter how "clean" they say they are. There's no such thing as a "clean" whore.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    its illegal in my province.
    I was under the impression that the prostitution laws in Canada were on federal level, implying it'd be the same throughout the entire country? Can't seem to find anything pointing towords the act of buying/selling sex being illegal anywhere in Canada.

15+ Year Old Account
    Atm Selling is legal, buying is not legal in Norway
    Buying MIGHT be legal some time in 2013 and the "sellers" will get the same rights/protection as any other profession if made legal to buy
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

In Denmark it is legal but buying the services of a prostitute is illegal which makes it pointless. That said i don't see the issue with it being legal as long as it is regulated since it is a persons own choice for the most part. The obvious exception should be if the prostitute is a victim of human trafficing.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2013-01-08 at 08:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If people can sell there bodies for :

Coal mining totally killing there lungs
    Fishing in extreme conditions where you can die
    Working laying asphalt in the summer where your lungs take a beating and you can get heatsroke really fast

Basically if all manual labor jobs that can have a negative impact on yourself are legal then I see no reason to make selling your body for sex illegal!

I find it hypocritical to see people say "no it should be illegal it's morally wrong" yet they have no problem with all the other jobs around that are highly dangerous to the people that perform them. I don't see any of them making a call to arms to stop people from working on high tension electricity lines that could be fatal!

prostitution is already legal: it's called marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    prostitution is already legal: it's called marriage.
    Payment in kind is not prostitution, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Illegal here and I wouldn't mind if it was legal as long as it was regulated.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    If people can sell there bodies for :

Coal mining totally killing there lungs
    Fishing in extreme conditions where you can die
    Working laying asphalt in the summer where your lungs take a beating and you can get heatsroke really fast

Basically if all manual labor jobs that can have a negative impact on yourself are legal then I see no reason to make selling your body for sex illegal!

I find it hypocritical to see people say "no it should be illegal it's morally wrong" yet they have no problem with all the other jobs around that are highly dangerous to the people that perform them. I don't see any of them making a call to arms to stop people from working on high tension electricity lines that could be fatal!
    Maybe because those jobs are actually useful to society, whereas prostitution is harmful. Besides the whole "It's their body, let them do whatever they want with it" argument is stupid. Stop pretending you're champions of individual freedom or some silliness like that. Prostitutes don't do it because they are free to do it, they do it, most of the time, purely for financial reasons, and they are often exploited and influenced so that they won't find any other way to survive. Stop pretending you're doing a great service to human rights and prostitutes by fighting for its legalization. Only people you're doing a favour are pimps, human traffickers, and people who pay for sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if its legal in Germany or not.

While I would never ever use such a service, making it legal and well regulated should be better than to make it illegal and thus drive it into the underground.

Anything that encourages sex outside of the bonds of marriage is something I would not align myself with. I could never agree to allow a law that legalized it. Even if it was legalized, I would be against it.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Legalize it. I need a second job (giggity).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Anything that encourages sex outside of the bonds of marriage is something I would not align myself with. I could never agree to allow a law that legalized it. Even if it was legalized, I would be against it.
    Why? What reason do you have to opposite the exchange of a service for remuneration?

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Maybe because those jobs are actually useful to society, whereas prostitution is harmful. Besides the whole "It's their body, let them do whatever they want with it" argument is stupid. Stop pretending you're champions of individual freedom or some silliness like that. Prostitutes don't do it because they are free to do it, they do it, most of the time, purely for financial reasons, and they are often exploited and influenced so that they won't find any other way to survive. Stop pretending you're doing a great service to human rights and prostitutes by fighting for its legalization. Only people you're doing a favour are pimps, human traffickers, and people who pay for sex.
    Sorry, I wasn't aware that we legalised jobs based on their "usefulness to society". I guess we should tell cigarette manufacturers to take a hike, then?

You are aware that if something is illegal it is impossible to regulate, yes? If it were legal, then greater steps could be taken to marginalise and eliminate the negative face of the sex industry. Why would people risk jail time for consorting with human traffickers and unlicensed pimps when they could get the same service from a regulated sex worker?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sex occurs outside of marriage, and has for thousands of years. The allowance of certain routes in no way changes this fact. Another thing to consider is that you could require laws such as STD checks, institute several techniques to fight human trafficking and sexual abuse, and separate the connection between prostitution and drugs that exist in certain areas. I personally don't like the concept of prostitution in the first place, but as it is already an established structure existing within society, it is ultimately far safer for everyone involved if it is legalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Why? What reason do you have to opposite the exchange of a service for remuneration?
    I don't believe people understand how wonderful sex is and what I believe it's intended for. Could you imagine a society where it was reserved for people who promise their lives to each other? It would certainly help keep them happier and well pleased if they knew that they didn't share that type of experience with others. I feel bad for people who feel like that type of experience is not special and abuse their bodies that way. Just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe people understand how wonderful sex is and what I believe it's intended for. Could you imagine a society where it was reserved for people who promise their lives to each other? It would certainly help keep them happier and well pleased if they knew that they didn't share that type of experience with others. I feel bad for people who feel like that type of experience is not special and abuse their bodies that way. Just my opinion.
    It's 'intended' to produce offspring, nothing more. All else is a socially constructed overlay.

Good. How about you keep it 'your' opinion rather than legally enforcing it upon others? I happen to not like vagina, it doesn't mean I'm going to crusade to outlaw heterosexual sex.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Sex occurs outside of marriage, and has for thousands of years. The allowance of certain routes in no way changes this fact. Another thing to consider is that you could require laws such as STD checks, institute several techniques to fight human trafficking and sexual abuse, and separate the connection between prostitution and drugs that exist in certain areas. I personally don't like the concept of prostitution in the first place, but as it is already an established structure existing within society, it is ultimately far safer for everyone involved if it is legalized.
    Probably the oldest profession in existence. The pimp is the second oldest.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If prostitution were legalized, it would provide a much safer environment for those who choose that as their profession, and the government could make money off of it as well. Licensing fees as well as mandatory health checkups would make it safer for both the prostitute and her/his customers. And, the police would be there for more protection rather than the prostitute having to rely on a pimp for protection.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's 'intended' to produce offspring, nothing more. All else is a socially constructed overlay.

Good. How about you keep it 'your' opinion rather than legally enforcing it upon others? I happen to not like vagina, it doesn't mean I'm going to crusade to outlaw heterosexual sex.
    You're right, please keep YOUR opinion and legally force it on me.

edit: Anyway, I'm not disagreeing with the fact that people are going to have sex outside of "marriage". I'm saying that I would not support a law that legalized prostitution. Doesn't mean you can't support it. I disagree with a lot of things and I'm not trying to force others into my view.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2013-01-08 at 10:52 PM.