Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    is what you mean.
    biological = pertaining to biology
    biology = the science of life or living matter in all its forms and phenomena, especially with reference to origin, growth, reproduction, structure, and behavior

biological study = study pertaining to the science of living matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    biological = pertaining to biology
    biology = the science of life or living matter in all its forms and phenomena, especially with reference to origin, growth, reproduction, structure, and behavior

biological study = study pertaining to the science of living matter.
    Just answered for yourself there, it is a scientific study, go find 1 other person on this planet who would call it a biological study.

Deleted
    Just answered for yourself there, it is a scientific study, go find 1 other person on this planet who would call it a biological study.
    Definitions are completely subjective. He explained what he meant and you obviously understood what he meant. Just leave it at that.

Back to the topic; I'd also like to see some kind of proof that supports the whole "don't eat after 6 in the evening"-theory. I call bullshit on that one, myself.

Does the government work? http://www.in.gov/idem/4681.htm

Or how about a nonprofit organization? http://www.kids4research.org/kids/ba...al_studies.asp

If I described a plane figure with equal straight sides and four right angles as a square and you claimed it was a rectangle and then I defined a square as a rectangle with all equal sides, would you then claim I was an idiot for calling a square a square because it could also be described as a rectangle?
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2013-01-08 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    115kg is not fat for a person nearly 2meters tall.

Your body composition might not be ideal if you don't have an active lifestyle but that's a different matter with a different remedy.
    Boxing as a 2meters athlete will be troublesome if for no other reason because you'll have a hard time finding sparring partners.

There's a lot of resources about proper eating so I'd rather not try to compact it in a post.

As a general rule, eat small portions, eat 4-5 times a day, don't go to bed feeling "full"
    (best if you feel just slightly hungry or have a warm drink - no coffee or sodas)

- Lack of sleep messes with your appetite so get good rests.
    - Haphazard eating hours mess with your metabolism, same as "hunger" diets.
    Your body needs to feel "secure" that the next meal is coming so it doesn't try to store up for a bad day.
    As omnivores we're quite adaptable which in some contexts works against us.

It's quite possible to be losing weight and still have fat in all the wrong places.
    So regular meals, small portions, no heavy meals in the last 2-3 hrs before sleep, proper rest and a good training regime.
    Weight will be redistributed, 115kg won't look like much at all for your height.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    Does the government work? http://www.in.gov/idem/4681.htm

Or how about a nonprofit organization? http://www.kids4research.org/kids/ba...al_studies.asp

If I described a plane figure with equal straight sides and four right angles as a square and you claimed it was a rectangle and then I defined a square as a rectangle with all equal sides, would you then claim I was an idiot for calling a square a square because it could also be described as a rectangle?
    Heard shapes had anything to do with the fact that it is indeed a scientific study, Biology is a natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms. Tell me how the study of life and living organisms has anything to do with eating after 6pm has anything to do with it.
    Scientific study: experimentation to demonstrate the truth or falseness of the hypothesis, and a conclusion that validates or modifies the hypothesis.
    Sounds more fitting to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashadeadhead View Post
    And also: start lifting dem weights. Muscles burn alot.
    Muscle weighs more than fat. This is crap advice for someone who is asking to lose weight specifically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Muscle weighs more than fat. This is crap advice for someone who is asking to lose weight specifically.
    No. It doesnt.
    Fat just takes more place.
    1 pound of muscle weighs as much 1 pound of fat. Dont be dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    Heya im 20 years old and ever since 2013 started I wanted to start on a realy good diet to lose some weight and I also going to start boxing, what will mean by condition, is realy low, as im well fat..

Im 20 years old my weight is around 115 kg im around 198 cm tall, so i'm wondering if any of you could help me to say well what is the best thing to be eating and how much meals a day and also with cardio i should do Aka Running or on a bike.

Greets Stormi

the best form of exercise if u are overweight and already have a low>non existant exercise regime, is swimming, it is non weight bearing, and it provides not only a general all over body workout, but is also good for the heart and getting the circulation moving, also, regulate food intake, get an appointment with your doctor and ask them to refer you to see a dietician, and they can help you sort out a diet plan that will work best for you, andlast but not least, ignore everybody in this thread that is telling you to go do pushups/running/cycling/cardio workouts and weight lifting etc, as these forms of exercise are likely gonna cause you more harm than good at this stage of things, u wanna start slow and small, build up bit by bit, and work towards harder forms pf exrcise, don't try and jump in at the deep end (no pun intended there lol), otherwise not only could u cause further health problems, but u will also loose motivation and quickly trail off with diet/exercise program with the amount of effort needed to maintain a program that involves all of those forms exercise.

trust me i know what you wanna do, and i know that it looks like a bit of n uphill battle but start small and it will come, just don't expect miracles over night, this sort of thing takes a large time investment, and a large amount of will power to do what is necessary to succeed.

(i used to be a 260KG/192CM guy that never left the house, so i know what i'm talking about in regards to loosing weight and all that shizzle).

Heya im 20 years old and ever since 2013 started I wanted to start on a realy good diet to lose some weight and I also going to start boxing, what will mean by condition, is realy low, as im well fat..

Im 20 years old my weight is around 115 kg im around 198 cm tall, so i'm wondering if any of you could help me to say well what is the best thing to be eating and how much meals a day and also with cardio i should do Aka Running or on a bike.

Greets Stormi
    Ok so i m gona give u a method that will work 100% if u respect it.
    DONT TOUCH: pastry or bread (or anything made of flour), sugar in any form (including sodas), processed foods, foods that contain nitrates like salami and other stuff.
    DO: drink alot of watter, eat less than what u re used to ( around 2500-3000 calories per day), weight lift 3 days a week (starting strength program should do), 30 minutes of cardio 7 days a week (cardio = exercise that keeps your heart at double the normal rate eg if normal rate is 60 double is 120) that is 30 minutes of keeping your heart at double rate.

Do that for 6 months and you will enjoy those abs

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    No. It doesnt.
    Ditto, that reminded me of an old joke: what weights more : 1 kilo of feathers or 1 kilo of lead?

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the best form of exercise if u are overweight and already have a low>non existant exercise regime, is swimming, it is non weight bearing, and it provides not only a general all over body workout, but is also good for the heart and getting the circulation moving, also, regulate food intake, get an appointment with your doctor and ask them to refer you to see a dietician, and they can help you sort out a diet plan that will work best for you, andlast but not least, ignore everybody in this thread that is telling you to go do pushups/running/cycling/cardio workouts and weight lifting etc, as these forms of exercise are likely gonna cause you more harm than good at this stage of things, u wanna start slow and small, build up bit by bit, and work towards harder forms pf exrcise, don't try and jump in at the deep end (no pun intended there lol), otherwise not only could u cause further health problems, but u will also loose motivation and quickly trail off with diet/exercise program with the amount of effort needed to maintain a program that involves all of those forms exercise.

trust me i know what you wanna do, and i know that it looks like a bit of n uphill battle but start small and it will come, just don't expect miracles over night, this sort of thing takes a large time investment, and a large amount of will power to do what is necessary to succeed.

(i used to be a 260KG/192CM guy that never left the house, so i know what i'm talking about in regards to loosing weight and all that shizzle).
    You do realise he has 115 kilos, not 250? He can get right into weight lifting/ heavy cardio works without problems, unless he has some bone/muscle disease. I was doing deadlifts with 250 pounds as a beginner at 120 kilos/188cm after 2 weeks of training, and i was almost a couch potato before that. Your advice about swimming is good, but the rest hardly applies.
    Last edited by Syro; 2013-01-08 at 06:51 PM.

Heard shapes had anything to do with the fact that it is indeed a scientific study, Biology is a natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms. Tell me how the study of life and living organisms has anything to do with eating after 6pm has anything to do with it.
    Scientific study: experimentation to demonstrate the truth or falseness of the hypothesis, and a conclusion that validates or modifies the hypothesis.
    Sounds more fitting to me.
    A study on how the human body processes food and energy in relation to time of ingestion definitely seems like a study involving living organisms.

All biological studies are scientific studies. All squares are rectangles. Not all scientific studies are biological studies. Not all rectangles are squares. I asked for a biological study or a square. He said I should have asked for a scientific study or rectangle. However, I did ask for a scientific study or rectangle in that I asked for a subset of the sort. That was the purpose of my analogy. While he is correct that I need a scientific study, he is incorrect that I do not need a biological study. That is, of course, unless the location of the sun to the horizon effects how our body produces energy. In which case I suppose I am looking for an astrological and biological study.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    When people refer to losing weight, they generally want to lose fat. What they weigh at the end of it should be largely irrelevant as long as they have cut that body fat % down. In fact it is recommended that you perform both cardiovascular and weight training when trying to lose fat.

No. It doesnt.
    He was referring to the density of the two items. If you take a cube of fat and a cube of well toned muscle that is equal in size, the muscle will weigh more. This is particularly pertinent information for anyone who is undertaking a significant weight training program as part of their "weight loss" program.

Deleted
    Thank you all for respondign to my post, I have been starting to go for jogging atleast, but I will also start swimming maybe 2-3 days week and take that up with biking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing weight is easy... but it all depends on how you've lived... if you've been fat your whole life, then it's hard to muster up enough motivation to constantly hit the gym... I suggest starting out slow in that case, but if you've been skinny before, that should be enough motivation to be skinny again because you know how much better of a life style it is... if you push yourself too hard at first, you'll lose all your motivation because you won't get results instantly, but you're still putting in hard work so it feels like you're not getting anywhere, but remember you see yourself every day so the results won't pop out at you like it would if someone hasn't seen you in a while. I got fat at one point and went to the gym to lose the weight and ended up falling in love with bodybuilding... since I was already fat, I didn't have to go through a bulking phase so I got big instantly.

Biggest tip is moderation... you can eat fast food if you want... but that doesn't mean get it twice a week... that means once a month you can treat yourself... that's where people have the biggest struggle... and when you go out to eat, don't get meals... it's the sugar in the soda and all the carbs from the fries that get people fat... a burger alone won't kill you. That's all up to you though, I like to treat myself and by treat I mean treat... not go to burger king and get 3 whopper... just one... and make sure you eat your food slow... the most you have to chew, the quicker you'll get full , which is why people can chew gum and trick their mind into thinking they're full.

If you ever hit that wall where you think you have to give up, remember why you started and tell yourself that if you quit, that's just the person you are... a quitter... never able to achieve your goals... don't be a quitter and never give up.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    I don't know where the OP is from, but at least in the UK there's a handful of diet programs available. Weight Watchers and Slimming World come to mind. If you're not too tight on cash, why not give something like this a go? I did WW last year and it gave me quite a good base to work with. They've got a huge recipe library full of amazing low calorie dishes and the different trackers are a brilliant motivation boost.

+ there's a ton of free phone apps for tracking your exercise and calorie intake as well, such as Noom (afaik only for Android atm) and MyFitnessPal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeria View Post
    I don't know where the OP is from, but at least in the UK there's a handful of diet programs available. Weight Watchers and Slimming World come to mind. If you're not too tight on cash, why not give something like this a go? I did WW last year and it gave me quite a good base to work with. They've got a huge recipe library full of amazing low calorie dishes and the different trackers are a brilliant motivation boost.

+ there's a ton of free phone apps for tracking your exercise and calorie intake as well, such as Noom (afaik only for Android atm) and MyFitnessPal.
    I dont aproove of specific diets because if you dont like the food in X diet there is a higher chance of failing.
    In my opinion you should eat when YOU want and healthy things that you think tastes good.

Deleted
    I dont aproove of specific diets because if you dont like the food in X diet there is a higher chance of failing.
    In my opinion you should eat when YOU want and healthy things that you think tastes good.
    WW doesn't tell you when to eat and what to eat though. It's based on points, guess you could see it as calorie counting but in a very simple way. With the WW system you can also eat the naughty things every now and then as long as it fits your point budget.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    eat healthier food and exercise. I know people say that you don't need to exercise, but I'm assuming you want to lose weight AND be healthier and fitter.
    =

Greets Stormi
    Here's a link I found helpful. Has lots of information on what you should be focusing on. Diet, exercise, and probably most important to success, keeping motivation. May not all apply to your goal, but worth checking out imo.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-...y-trainer.html

Eating first exercise later. Don't do both at once you are just putting too much strain on yourself and if you stop, starting again will be hard. The hardest part is stopping your bad eating habits chocolates chips etc etc you know. That's a big load there already and yeah its not easy at all takes a lot of dedication. Once you got your eating down you can move on to exercise. Start with a few minutes of walk a day don't push too hard.