Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 5.2 Alts catch up Suggestions.

So I've been reading on stuff, and i'm very convinced that they WON'T be changing the current Valor Gears (489//496 for Shieldwall) to Justice Points because they don't want an 'instant catch-up' mechanic for people.

What i'm thinking is.. is it possible for them to create an item that are BoA (Binds on Account) that you can buy on your main character which has an Average iLvl requirement for you to buy, and then send it to your alt. Trade that 'token' along with Justice Points so that your alt can buy those gear.

With that, they can still keep the item under Valor Points for people aren't geared.. and another one that they can buy it with JP+BOA Token for people who have geared Mains.

Deleted
    Ofcourse it's possible for them. Will we see it? Probably not.

Well it seems they are "upping" the LFR drop% for old content. So thats where the catchup mechanic will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Well it seems they are "upping" the LFR drop% for old content. So thats where the catchup mechanic will be.
    Probably won't be enough for the babies who's been asking to triple-dip since they did their first dungeon, so only expecting to see the same threads until they learn there's no /afk = win button anymore.

Even now it's stupidly easy and fast getting an alt to 90 and geared relatively fast (No, I don't mean geared within 2 days, so grab your security blanket kids before unleashing the salty ones), dailies take 3-4 days to hit revered on, there's hardly anything left they can adjust unless they implement a 100% item drop to accommodate the players who really don't give a flying f..k about the game, as long as they get their pixels.

Since there will no item-upgrades in 5.2, I think some kind of gear will be made available through vp.
    What else would we use the vp's for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious? That would be glorious indeed!

It won't matter if they up the drop % in the old LFR if the majority of up to date players are moving off to the new LFR, having 2 LFR's going at the same time just ensures that both will have huge que waits. Terrace of endless springs already has a 70 min que for dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post

Even now it's stupidly easy and fast getting an alt to 90
    Are we playing the same game?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The last time this was brought up there was a blue post where they essentially said, "We want alts treated as separate characters. Therefore, we're not going to give them "instant catch-up methods."

Why has this become such an issue lately? The method of gearing up alts is still easier than it's ever been in past expansions.

Who said that there won't be any VP gear?

the only catch up mechanic I wish they'd make is a leveling catch up mechanic.

I have almost 40 toons, and I'm sick and tired of leveling already, but at the same time, it's hard to resist the urge of creating new characters.

I wish leveling would get faster the more level max characters you had, on an exponential order. so if you have a level 90, leveling a second one is almost the same deal, but if you have 10, leveling your eleventh is much faster.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Here's a suggestion: quit, like I did.
    Another suggestion: forget about alts as you used to know them. They are dead. Like the fucking twinks.

Of course, the mentally challenged maniacs that probably don't even have alts are very happy with these changes, because "you don't get the pixels fast". But really, alts are not about pixels, it's about playing different characters, if you feel like it. Now, if you ALREADY got the "pixels" the hard way on one char, WHY THE FUCK do the same crap for 3-5-7-17 other chars? Do hours and hours and eons of dailies are fun gameplay? The fuck it is...

They've made the pets and the mounts account wide, why can't they make something about this "problem"? Some kind of clan system or something. Those reputation tokens are shit. You still have to do eons of dailies until you can get exalted

Deleted
    Couple of thoughts from me....

Flat Nerf to all 4.0 raids including LFR.

Up drop rate of LFR to say 30% (currently 15%).

Make new crafted PvP Blue Set (maybe 472 or something, remember PvP gear is as good as PvE for PvE now as PvP stats don't count towards iLvl).

Make new ways of gaining rep (more like the Farm idea they are introducing).

Make new tier of crafted gear alongside new tier with raid drops gear.

Make the existing crafted Blood Spirit gear more obtainable (less Blood Spirits maybe?).

Introduce new Valor gear.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the only catch up mechanic I wish they'd make is a leveling catch up mechanic.

I have almost 40 toons, and I'm sick and tired of leveling already, but at the same time, it's hard to resist the urge of creating new characters.

I wish leveling would get faster the more level max characters you had, on an exponential order. so if you have a level 90, leveling a second one is almost the same deal, but if you have 10, leveling your eleventh is much faster.
    RAF and heirlooms, next.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    RAF and heirlooms, next.
    I have no friends, why do you think I have 40 toons? lol

besides, you can't mail heirlooms crossrealm, and you can't fit more than 11 toons in one realm. besides, I'm not american/european, so WoW is more expensive to me than to most of you guys, so I can't affort making new accounts to RaF with myself and multibox.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Are we playing the same game?
    He thinks is easy because he raf + bot his way to lvl 90.
    Last edited by ducklino; 2013-01-08 at 01:04 PM.

I love to play alts also..... I am enjoying the whole game from different perspecitves, as different classes provide.
    This is the reason I have 11 chars.

I do hope they come up with some way to make playing alts enjoyable again.
    As I posted earlier, I think there will be gear for vp, especially since we can't upgrade our gear in 5.2; that will be available in 5.3 again.
    But catching up means also it has to be a fast way; what's the use of being ready for 5.2 raid at the time the next one comes. Iin this way alts will be always be running old content.

Dividing the player base over all the different tiers will have some impact on the queuetimes. I hope they think of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    where do u c this mentioned at?

i think everything should stay the way it is now

It seems on twitter GC said that.

We were spoiled when it came to alts in Cataclysm because there was nothing else to do but alts to keep you busy in Catacyslm. It as not impossible for a casual to keep 3 alts up on gear and for a hard core to do half a dozen. I use to keep 3 of 4 characters busy all week in Cata, while my main was already benched for having all the bis on him. Now I am valor capped by Friday night and I am working on alts from Saturday to Tuesday.

You can totally level your alts in MoP, especially since the recent changes to increase valor and rep. If you can't get your alts up in gear its because YOU don't have the time to invest in your alts, or you are doing something wrong. Either way its on you, not Blizzard. Blizzard should be putting so much content in their game that you don't have time to level 5 alts. If only other MMO's had the amount of content that Blizzard does.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-01-08 at 01:14 PM.