Deleted

Picking up adds in Phase 2 Heroic Empress (10 man)

So, as the title suggest it's a question for a specific raid encounter but since i believe alot of warriors get used for this i'm wondering how others do it.

Basically we do not have a hunter in our roster so getting an MD is out of the question (a ToTT from a rogue is possible though).

Basically had one night of tries yesterday (without the rogue since he wanted to sleep) and i was strugling alot on picking up all the little adds (wind, something). If i did have them i'd die faster then i'd like aswell but that's prolly just me getting comfortable with standing still and spamming Revenge -> Shield Barrier.

What i tried to pick up the adds was to thunderclap one side, then leap over to the other side but sometimes it'd have lost agro on the first group already. Basically all in all the transition from P1 -> P2 just seemed horrible... Wondering anyone here might have a better idea of picking up them adds (and staying alive tips can't hurt either, Atm i pop SW followed by a emo shout then i spam barriers but i have to admit my instinct at the moment is to keep moving a little although i can't explain why :s)

I only did Empress NM (with the NM strat, each tank took one big guy and three little) so I can't really help. But I'd think that Mocking banner and Viligance are really good assets for this phase.

Don't forget to move after a SW, you don't want the five adds to have their swing synchronize.

I don't know man I had hunters cycle through MD as we have 3 and 2 rouges. I just keep my bleed up and do my thing.

Deleted
    Try to TC+SW one pack, then Heroic Leap into the other, I don't like to stun them before the vengeance is build up, so I don't feel like is a waste to SW 3 of them. By the time all 5/6 (depending if you leave one to the big adds tank) are on you, you have build some vengeance with the 3 you leap into, until then your rage is better spent on Shield Block. The TC+SW shouldn't drop aggro, but if they do, tell your dps to hit the ones you Heroic Leap into.

PD: Better to use Shield Wall just before all of them are into you. By the time it ends, Shield Barrier will be enough to keep you alive.

Tell your raid to let you pick them up. With no MDs or tricks it's not surprising that it would take a second to pick up two groups of adds coming from opposite sides of the room. If your DPS are jumping on them immediately expecting you to have threat....... well, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    If your DPS are jumping on them immediately expecting you to have threat....... well, why?
    You mean the DPS can't just nuke, shocking! But seriously I'm running into similar problems on normal with a pair of tanks, we just "feel squishy" to quote the healers. I think it's mostly a gear issue myself (as well as getting used to the fight, we only got an hour or so of pulling in) but everything up to the transition looked and felt clean.

I don't know what youre other tank is, but when I have to tank this fight in my group I usually pick up the big adds while the DK tank picks the little ones. The DK will death and decay one side so he gets aggro from the little mobs while I run to that side's big mob and smack him with at least a shield slam. After that's done I taunt the big guy from the other side and I usually have both of them, np. Maybe something similar to that may work out for your group?

Deleted
    Running with a prot paladin as offtank, i think i'll manage picking them up with a TC -> SW like suggested. It's also what i ended up doing at the end, worked okayish. I think i might need to get used to it more, i was pretty... dead pretty quickly :P prolly do some panicing on my part

10+ Year Old Account
    When I pick up the small adds, I place mocking banner on on side and TC the other side. The other tank taunts the 2 big adds. Works perfectly fine every time. Normal mode though.

Your issue is most likely your raid is not giving you time to pick up these adds. My group also had me(prot warrior) pick up the little adds and DK pick up the big adds. Have your dps/healers fall back towards the middle of the room. TC one side, HL the other, a mocking banner can help as well. I'd be careful with SW and stunning them, as it can sync their swing timers, and you'll get squished. I also continually kite the small adds using piercing howl during that phase whille the puddles are formed, your healers will thank you for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hijack your thread. Question: How much damage do the adds do compared to normal?

What we do for normal is (DK + Druid): Druid tanks one side with cooldowns, dps unloads immediatly on one small add. Me (DK) intercepts the adds quite early and thank them with DRW + BS + VB going into IBF. Then i use my AOE Stun (that freezing thing, forgot the name) and line it up with the end of IBF. Chillblains on the adds for slow. I then start running/kiting the adds who are perma slowed by chillblains/dnd slow. only the reaver damages me. By the time I reach the other side, the small ones from the druid are dead. he taunts the 2nd big one and thats it.

So what I'm wondering is - will that still work on HC? And if so, it might be a solution to your problem. Just tank one side, dps unloads instantly und DK does his thing on the other side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread. Question: How much damage do the adds do compared to normal?
    On 25 man atleast...
    From 150k Vengeance including tanking the reavers to 410k ish, without the reavers:P

Deleted
    We used to tank like that on normal, yet on HC no one does i think, so we tried this... Which ye... those little windthings... my god they hurt

Deleted
    Yeah they hurt :P . At the start. Shield Wall glyph, demoralizing shout + banner comes in handy until you can solo it with barrier as you said yourself. I usually mark a skull instantly to decrease dmg taken after shield Wall is out because it will be close to dead by then.

As for picking up: depends a little on where your raid will be standing. Legs say your raid goes left as mine does. I place Mocking Banner around the center but slightly to the opposite side of the raid. I then turn around and heroic Leap to the other side. If you place your Leap correctly you won't hit the big add. Not that the banner only works on the small adds iirc.

As other ppl Said: watch out for shockwave. I barely use it on this fight and i find dragon Roar more useful as it can be used on the boss as Well.

Spelling: fucking iphone

Deleted
    Yeah, i've been thinking about going Roar since the shockwave although given a breath it does sync all the swings and what not..

The glyphed shieldwall is a good point, hand't thought about that yet!

Deleted
    You will sync their swing timers using roar aswell :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    You will sync their swing timers using roar aswell :P
    True, but the chance of also syncing that other cunt ability (the one that deals 150% weapon damage) is alot smaller with a 0.5 sec knockdown then with a 4 sec stun, unless that cunt ability is their melee swing but i think i noticed normal melee hits & that ability in my logs the other day. Your point is still valid though ^^