Deleted

Don't know what to do with VP

I'm getting close to the 3000 VP cap, and I don't know what should I do with them.
    This is my character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kkard/advanced
    Main spec is Blood, and I already bought all the useful VP items. My guild progression is very slow (we're 5/6 MsV, 1/6 HoF), so I'm not seeing myself doing N-Sha of Fear relatively soon, and I've already upgraded twice my LfR-Shin'ka.
    The options for spending VP that I thought are:
    -Upgrading other gear for main spec, like the normal tier legs that I got from Sha of Anger
    -Buying VP gear for Frost OS

What do you think is best? Is there anything better I can spend VP on?

Deleted
    Just upgrade the item you are least likely to replace soon, not much more to it than that...

Deleted
    I'd upgrade gear for main spec like legs, head, boots, trinket, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Simenon View Post
    What do you think is best? Is there anything better I can spend VP on?
    Yes. Grind Dominance Offensive/Alliance equivalent to Honored for 496 ring and then to Revered for Feet/Belt/Trinket. That is what i did on my DK tank Alt.

On a related note, I read somewhere that changing normal tier to heroic tier would keep upgrades? If so, tier pieces would be a wonderful choice.

Deleted
    Yes i would consider the jump from your blue trinket to the 496 valor one from the new factions to be your largest valor upgrade available.

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    On a related note, I read somewhere that changing normal tier to heroic tier would keep upgrades? If so, tier pieces would be a wonderful choice.
    Doesn't work. It only works if you still use the upgraded items, but since you buy Heroic Tier with Token only and Vendor/DE old tier it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Doesn't work. It only works if you still use the upgraded items, but since you buy Heroic Tier with Token only and Vendor/DE old tier it doesn't work.
    Figured that too, couldnt find where I read it though. Might be deceiving myself too :P Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Figured that too, couldnt find where I read it though. Might be deceiving myself too :P Thanks!
    Bashiok made a tweet about it and mislead a huge chunk of the community.

Bashiok made a tweet about it and mislead a huge chunk of the community.
    My understanding was that upgrades only stuck on exchaning pvp gear for the elite equivalents. In that case, you exchange your current malevolent gladiator piece for the different looking gear that has identical stats. It does not work for PvE gear where the old piece is not used as currency for the new.

OP: It depends on what your position is. If your guild is still looking to progress and not just farm content, its probably best to upgrade pieces you won't replace soon. Anything you've gotten from normal bosses that won't be killed on heroic for a while, or things like weapons from shek'zeer or sha that are the best you'll get before you progress to those bosses work well.

Deleted
    Yes. Grind Dominance Offensive/Alliance equivalent to Honored for 496 ring and then to Revered for Feet/Belt/Trinket. That is what i did on my DK tank Alt.
    Yes i would consider the jump from your blue trinket to the 496 valor one from the new factions to be your largest valor upgrade available.
    The problem is, those items don't have any mastery on them, don't know how much of an upgrade that would be.

I need help with picking what to buy! Getting conflicting answers from a DK friend, MrRobot, and what I think.

So I deleted my main account toons during Cata (game sucked), but came back to MoP in late November and I thoroughly enjoy this xpac.

I never played DK at all before 2 months ago, and just dinged 90 about a month ago, so I'm relatively new (I don't have all the reps to revered yet)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akilrog/simple

Just some background, I barely get into raids because I'm poorly geared. Even when we do raid its MSV reg, hence the LB talent and its fairly casual- so usually to down bosses we outgear it. I have some weird glyphs right now because I was doing Elegon and using Pestilence to hit all the sparks to help DPS.

Gear wise, I know I have 0 Expertise (how did I even manage that?) so thats definitely a problem. Also I know my parry to dodge ratio is off by a little, so theres that also (like I mentioned I'm not pushing heroic content)

I'd like to use some of this VP (2900 right now) and I have Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado Pan, and should have August Celestials tonight- what pieces should I grab and what can I do to not suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Simenon View Post
    The problem is, those items don't have any mastery on them, don't know how much of an upgrade that would be.
    The Trinket has a On use that gives you a shit load of Mastery.They don't have mastery just like many Tier pieces and other good items. They are still a major upgrade since you can reforge for more mastery as well. Use this macro to pop the Trinket when you are using death striker for maximum effect.

#showtooltip Death Strike
    /use Medallion of Mystifying Vapors
    /cast Death Strike