Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of complete coincidence, this just appeared on my facebook page

It's actually not as bad in some of their usages as I'm familiar with, but I'm more familiar with the OY CUNT usage than anything they're doing. Still an ugly word. It grates me whenever I hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    People like this are a huge problem. Because he was taught something as a young child he feels he has the right to break the law and cause bodily harm to someone just for expressing their opinion. The only reason that a bad word is considered a bad word is because people like this have "been taught young" that it is a bad word. I was taught plenty of stuff when I was young, some of it I now know is complete fairy-tales and make believe. And you talk about people "reducing" themselves to using "epitaths," yet you so quickly resorted to violence. What is worse, saying a combination of sounds that some people interpret as offensive or causing physical and probably emotional harm to someone?
    His response was once considered proper...I miss those days.

Deleted
    How could you ever dislike swearing like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Out of complete coincidence, this just appeared on my facebook page

SNIP

It's actually not as bad in some of their usages as I'm familiar with, but I'm more familiar with the OY CUNT usage than anything they're doing. Still an ugly word. It grates me whenever I hear it.
    That just appeared on my Facebook feed as well.
    In Scotland the word is used all the time, a day won't pass where I don't hear/read it.

15+ Year Old Account
    People who swear excessively die younger than people who don't. That's a fact, look it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    People who swear excessively die younger than people who don't. That's a fact, look it up.
    You know I also made an outrageous claim regarding swearing causing a reduction in pain. The difference is I provided THREE sources!

Shock horror - actually attempting to prove what you are writing as fact compared to saying "look it up yourself"...

Deleted
    I actually had a feminist tell me I'm misogynistic for calling a man a "cunt" after he called me a "bitch." I asked her how, and she said "it's a word that you're not supposed to use towards women, but if you use it towards men, you're still undermining the whole female population."
    She'd have a fun time in Glasgow. Where the word 'Cunt' can be used to describe both friends and people you hate. A common part of the language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Don't use expletives, period. It accomplishes nothing just makes you look like an imbecile who lacks the ability to rebut.
    ... Or he could just make himself look like an imbecile who doesn't know the difference between a rebut, a rebuttal and a retort.

Try to keep the pedantry to a minimum when you aren't even sure what you're talking about.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The swedish translation of this word can be used both as a curse word and in more neutral situations... and in sexual situations without being really offensive. It really depends on the situation and the context it is used in.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Why are these things labelled as "adult language" in English? What kind of retarded notion is that? Rudeness has no age-group.

Reading this thread makes me wanna go watch Deadwood again.

Last edited by Zhira; 2013-01-09 at 12:52 PM. Reason: video added

If you really want to hurt someone you need to know your enemy I think

For example
    "You fucking rape victim" to a girl who has been exposed or is vulnerable
    "You disgusting mongoloid" to the guy in the wheel chair
    "You fucking parasite" to someone who is on welfare
    "you sad fucking wanna-be brat" to the dude who makes enough, but not nearly enough to be considered well off

etc

ps. no I'm not evil ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    Reading this thread makes me wanna go watch Deadwood again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj74tvkFDZI

ahahahahah, man i gotta watch this thing already!

seen this? ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I guess the C-word has much harsher connotations in the US - it's used semi-regularly in England, at least where I'm from (although it's not a word I use much myself - I tend to reserve it for very extreme situations).
    This whole topic does remind me of a conversation I was party to in a Dutch bar recently, discussing the differences between swear words in English and Dutch and one of my male friends explaining to a Dutch lass what different English swear words mean, literally.
    On the subject of 'cunt':
    Him: It's a derogatory term for what you have between your legs.
    Her: Ok, but what if you want to describe that in a nice way, what would you say then?
    Him: *looks blank for a moment* Um... You've... got a nice cunt?

I suppose that says it all about guys from Portsmouth :P
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I guess the C-word has much harsher connotations in the US - it's used semi-regularly in England, at least where I'm from (although it's not a word I use much myself - I tend to reserve it for very extreme situations).
    This whole topic does remind me of a conversation I was party to in a Dutch bar recently, discussing the differences between swear words in English and Dutch and one of my male friends explaining to a Dutch lass what different English swear words mean, literally.
    On the subject of 'cunt':
    Him: It's a derogatory term for what you have between your legs.
    Her: Ok, but what if you want to describe that in a nice way, what would you say then?
    Him: *looks blank for a moment* Um... You've... got a nice cunt?

I suppose that says it all about guys from Portsmouth :P
    Wouldn't a nice vagina sound way better?

This is not a fucking stupid and dirty question at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post

Haha, honestly, I can't see a good way out of that question >.<
    "Um.. you have a delightful lady garden..." ??
    I just found the conversation hilarious. The look on the guy's face was priceless.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post

I think vagina sounds worse than cunt.

Cunt is a nice word.

Cunt.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

If you're using the c-word as you describe, because somebody else called you names, then you really dont' go a long way in making yourself look good. You honestly wouldn't be using the word in this context if you didn't know or think it was intended to be 'offensive'.

I'm not personally offended by the c-word, or similar words, however, if people use them around me in a specific context that is intended to offend others or put them down, I'll know to avoid that person for being socially incompetent. So, I'm quite thankful for free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Calling a man a cunt or a bitch is undermining to women because its using something feminine to demean someone. Its all over the place in media, effeminate traits are seen as weak and submissive. Like, "You hit like a girl." Girl is the insult, because girl=weak in society.

I would think people shouldn't need to be told why cunt is an offensive word. Nobody uses it in a positive way, its always used in an attempt to offend someone in an aggressive, demeaning way.
    Girl is the insult because boys are expected to be stronger than girls. Is that according to you insulting all women on the planet? There are thousands of other words that are also used aggressively to offend someone, few of which are for some reason as grave as "cunt".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialanne View Post
    Doesn't matter. Once you're older, you'll understand.

You seem mad. Like, really really mad. You should probably go relax a bit.
    Wow okay that explains a lot, so you misinterpret everything all across the board in an unchanging and even way...whoo! glad to hear it...mad, no...just FULLY enjoying the topic I mean...I'm not being a cunt or anything
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.