Buy 476/496 gear for JP in 5.2?

Sorry if its already been discussed. Will Blizz do their usual of changing the current VP gear to be purchasable with JP once 5.2 arrives?

So far there's no indication that they will. I believe they will keep all Valor gear from vendors still Valor gear. The catch-up they are adding for 5.2 is an increased loot drop % in 5.0 LFRs. I'm not sure how much this increase will be, but I sure hope it'll be enough.

489 ilvl stuff is supposed to be going onto JP in 5.2, Not sure about the 496 stuff from 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    489 ilvl stuff is supposed to be going onto JP in 5.2, Not sure about the 496 stuff from 5.1
    Do you have a source? From what I've heard none of that was said.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to guess, I would say that JP gear will be able to buy current Valor. They haven't said anything like that, however they also haven't said anything to the contrary. So based on all previous releases, that is what will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

I saw Ghostcrawler tweet about this today, but I can't find the quote.

He essentially said that they haven't made up their minds on this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    So based on all previous releases, that is what will happen.
    The previous expansion didn't require you to do Tier 11 and tier 12 LFR to get geared up for Dragon Soul. If they're moving towards a quasi-BC progression model, then making things cost VP would detract from it. Hence why there's no new dungeons, either.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The previous expansion didn't require you to do Tier 11 and tier 12 LFR to get geared up for Dragon Soul. If they're moving towards a quasi-BC progression model, then making things cost VP would detract from it. Hence why there's no new dungeons, either.
    You really think they want to chase away even more players, after how many they lost due to the T11 fiasco?

Deleted
    this is great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You really think they want to chase away even more players, after how many they lost due to the T11 fiasco?
    I still don't know what this "t11 fiasco" is. I skipped the first tier of Cataclysm entirely until it was completely irrelevant. What does Tier 11 have to do with the progression system that wasn't present in Cataclysm or Wrath, anyway?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

t11 Fiasco? I raided during t11 and I don't know what he means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    How about stop talking bullshit when you believe something which is untrue as you may notice when you read the blueposts

Deleted
    The 2.5mil players that left in T11.

Which has to do with what? I mean, did saying "Tier 11" set off a conditioned response and you stopped reading because of a flashback, because that's irrelevent to the conversation. I pointed out the fact that the Devs have set up Tier14's LFR as a gear progression path for Tier 15. They specifically said it's suppose to prevent those raids from being obsolete. I mentioned Tier 11 as filler because someone mistakenly claimed that 4.3 worked like that.
    [What's half of minor?]

People left in t11 because of obscene LFD queues, overtuned heroics, and ~7 months with no new content, save horrible Troll heroics.

If anything, people left because the game was TOO hard, not because of any ridiculous vp-->jp conversion
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Aye people left due to the difficulty of heroics and other such stuff (I loved the heroic difficulty in 5mans but im not fussed about it)

From what I understand, 5.0 gear came out, 5.1 allowed you to upgrade 5.0 gear. 5.2 comes out with new gear, this cannot be upgraded while 5.0 gear keeps its current system. 5.3 will allow you to upgrade 5.2 gear (there was a blue message about this and was posted on mmo front page a few days back)

Seems to make sense for me so far. I will keep using my VP/JP to upgrade gear i'm not sure if current gear will move onto VP or JP when 5.2 hits so I will just have to take a look near the time.

Deleted
    No, they left because of how horribly overtuned T11 normal mode raids were. How unviable some classes and specs were. And how slow it was to obtain gear that was higher than ilvl 346, it was far slower than in MoP. The Zul dungeons then added purple 353s, but that didn't help much either, measly 7 ilvls. Only with Firelands did some people slowly start to come back.

Voyager, a lot of people left due to 5man heroic as well. They were brutal for most people in LFD. (I didnt mean heroic raiding was why most people left I was talking about 5man heroics)

Also, gear was not hard to obtain and certainly not harder than mop really. You could dungeon grind and gear gear SO much quicker from reputations than you could possibly do from mop. Also buying patterns as a blacksmith was less relient on the motes than it is on MOP as well.

True firelands helped people get some better raiding and lfr in DS certainly stopped a lot of the rot. but gear wasn't the issue it was the brick wall of heroic 5mans for a lot of bad players and normal modes being a lot harder than previously experienced in wrath that caused a lot of problems.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2013-01-09 at 10:01 AM.