Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are people who thoroughbreed considered racist?

Thoroughbred generally refers exclusively to a specific breed of horse bred by using selective traits. It can also be similar to purebreeds for the purpose of selective breeding.

Normally this means not mixing varieties of breed and keeping the gene pool "pure".

Is it possible to consider this as a racist action?

Thoughts?

Racism is really only applicable to human beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more than people that culture plants for specific attributes are racist, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

please don't start another of there ''this is racist'' threads, what's next? Cream is racist cause it is white? (in sweden there was actually a debate about gingerbread and that it was racist cause it was brown and looked like humans, i'm not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post

Could you elaborate and explain why? Dont animals have rights too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Because the notion of race shouldn't apply to us to begin with.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    please don't start another of there ''this is racist'' threads, what's next? Cream is racist cause it is white? (in sweden there was actually a debate about gingerbread and that it was racist cause it was brown and looked like humans, i'm not even kidding.
    If we could post pictures here, this would be the perfect place.for a "Meanwhile, in Sweden..." demotivational around the Pillsburry dough.boy.campaign poster that has him saying "Down with.brown, WHITE FLOWER!"
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

15+ Year Old Account
    (in sweden there was actually a debate about gingerbread and that it was racist cause it was brown and looked like humans, i'm not even kidding.
    Kinda the same as here in the Netherlands where they changed the name of our niggerkisses to kisses...

This is honestly ridiculous to even suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by howdydiddlydoo View Post
    Not enough to prevent them from being slaughtered for delicious beef, for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydiddlydoo View Post
    because the majority of animals cant tell the difference.

a black dog doesnt go up to a dalmation and say "YOU WHITE DAFUQ"

race shouldnt apply to humans either (btw im not saying humans arent animals because everything thats alive is either an animal or plant) but it does, cuz people is scerd of teh thangs thats is differnts frum uses O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because the majority of animals cant tell the difference.

a black dog doesnt go up to a dalmation and say "YOU WHITE DAFUQ"

race shouldnt apply to humans either (btw im not saying humans arent animals because everything thats alive is either an animal or plant) but it does, cuz people is scerd of teh thangs thats is differnts frum uses O-O
    Seems kind of racist that you assume the black dog talks like a black guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    If you weren't speaking english I'd call you a racist for applying the word to humans, honestly.
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, implying that the difference between a black man and a white man is comparable to the one between a yorkshire terrier and a rotweiler is utterly disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some years ago, a friend of mine from Sweden told me about some drama about an ice cream because it was offensive to the african community. An icecream...

10+ Year Old Account
    No, breeding animals isn't even possible to consider racism by anyone with a shred of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    You’re racist for implying all black people talk that way in order to say he was racist .
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Some years ago, a friend of mine from Sweden told me about some drama about an ice cream because it was offensive to the african community. An icecream...
    Maybe it was a Kunta Kinte ice cream bar that said "my name is toby" everytime you licked it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Why do you assume the person you quoted was trying to imitate a black guy? (accidental racism in the person quoting for the win!)

why are people trying to attach the concept of racism to everyfuckingthing? just stop
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Is this trying to be an early contender for Stupidest Thread of the Year? The concept is absolutely ridiculous.

Deleted
    I haven't actually heard about that, but sadly, I'm not surprised at all.