Thread: Green fire hype

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Green fire hype

I'm just curious as to how many people are REALLY just ecstatic about this. I mean it's JUST a cosmetic effect. I see so many bad things in patch notes happening to warlocks in 5.2 that I just have a hard time swallowing green fire as our "ray of sunshine" as it were. It's also kind of like pouring salt in the wound too, since this cosmetic effect IN LARGE only pertains to Destro, and Destro is next to dead in PvE and only limping along in PvP (try getting a Chaos Bolt off in a teamfight against a 2k+ rbg team LOL....yeah right). I'm just really curious as to whether or not anybody is so hyped by green fire that they are able to look past everything else to come.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

just re subbed after 3 months to prepare myself for it (:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    I mean it's JUST a cosmetic effect.
    Sir, hand over your warlock card. You're no longer welcome among us.

I'm hyped as hell.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be back to my rogue if it wasn't for green fire due to the class changes plus rogues get to be OP next patch but... green fire is just too good to pass.

Deleted
    They should have done this a long time ago. So, yes, I'm exited for it

Any idea what level this quest line will be for?

I just want my favorite class fixed. Make the fire yellow with blue pokadots, I don't care. Fix the class in pve and pvp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well....
    • I play destro in PvE and i have won over affliction locks
    • Destro in pvp is as good as the player plays it
    • There should have never been a non-green fire spells for warlocks to begin with given that we use FEL magic...so to quote someone..."Hell ...It's about time!"

Deleted
    I leveled my warlock to 90 just to be able to do the quest-chain, but I'm only interested in the lore.
    I don't care too much about green fire, because I'm red-green colorblind, I wouldn't really see any difference!

Now, if we were talking about purple fire...

it's JUST a cosmetic effect.
    It is something long awaited and since its a GAME, these cosmetic effects really get to count and have a priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    cosmetic effects are important

in so far as a game can be said to be important.

I am quite chuffed.

I'm with you OP - cosmetic is shit when you have a class that is currently or will be shortly nerfed to the ground. But, after the replies here to your post - many other questions I had about the WoW community have been answered.

I mean it's JUST a cosmetic effect.
    I don't play a lock, but considering how obsessed I am with transmogrification, and how ecstatic I now am to be able to use Blade of Wizardry on my prot pally, I can completely understand why warlocks would want this.

Personally, my priority has always for the most part been looks > stats. It's why I won't roll races just for the racial buffs. Doesn't matter how uber I am if I can't stand looking at the guy on my screen 24/7.

I dont care at all tbh, what i'd like to see is a warlock zone only same way dks have.

Green Fire is VERY exciting for me.
    I couldn't care less about the nerfs, they come and go.
    Looking awesome though, that'll stick with you.

forget green fire. nothing says magical death and destruction like black fire...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly in it for the actual quest chain and the lore coming with it. The colour of my spells is of secondary interest to me. I'll appreciate the bigger difference visually between Destro lock and Fire mage though, that's a nice side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    Destro in pvp is as good as the player plays it
    Pretty sure that's the case for ALL specs in the game...

OT: I guess a lot more people are hyped than I thought, so I acquiesce to the idea being of noteworthy praise; however, I personally can't just sweep up all the cons of 5.2 (mainly PvP) in regard to warlock in favor of some green fire which will only really benefit one spec.

@Xskarma: Oh you can bet your sweet ass that I'm looking forward to all of the warlock lore during the chain!!
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    Well....
    • I play destro in PvE and i have won over affliction locks
    • Destro in pvp is as good as the player plays it
    • There should have never been a non-green fire spells for warlocks to begin with given that we use FEL magic...so to quote someone..."Fel ...It's about time!"
    Fixed it for you.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.