Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

will there be another physical ranged class ?

Hey all how you doin ?

Well as title says do you think there will be another physical ranged class as there are ranged weapons in the game, but only really 1 class that can use them personally as I've seen in rogue forums I wouldn't be adverse to a ranged tree for rogues as one,idea but I'm not big on wow lore I'm not sure what other huntery classes there are or even how they would work.

I hear rumblings that there might be a rogue rework on the way but like I said its rumours and hearsay etc.

So what are your thoughts could there be another ranged physical class to compete with hunters to compete with for weapons etc

Or would this just unbalance the game further ?
    Thanks for reading and for any feedback / replys

Wikidsik

Quote Originally Posted by MegaAverageGamers View Post
    Hey all how you doin ?

Well as title says do you think there will be another physical ranged class as there are ranged weapons in the game, but only really 1 class that can use them personally as I've seen in rogue forums I wouldn't be adverse to a ranged tree for rogues as one,idea but I'm not big on wow lore I'm not sure what other huntery classes there are or even how they would work.

I hear rumblings that there might be a rogue rework on the way but like I said its rumours and hearsay etc.

So what are your thoughts could there be another ranged physical class to compete with hunters to compete with for weapons etc

Or would this just unbalance the game further ?
    Thanks for reading and for any feedback / replys

Wikidsik
    Although 99% of people on this site speculate since the next expansion is most likely Burning Legion the class will be Demon Hunter, I for one think the class with be a Plate Healer/Ranged .

Why? Because there needs to be a better balance for Plate Intellect gear.

The only class that uses it are Paladins, and currently we have too many Leather wearers in game now IMO, along with far too many Melee classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I really doubt it. And the issue is the physicality of physical damage.

The Hunter really has all of the bow/gun/crossbow design space. It'd be very hard to add something that didn't feel like it's treading over ground the Hunter already has staked out.

I mean, what would a non-Hunter bow/gun/crossbow class look like? Well, first off, no pet. But beyond not using the traditional Hunter tropes, what do we have left? Archer types in other games have typically had one of two styles, the hail-of-arrows sort that pelt enemies with an innumerable quantity of pointy bits of metal, or the elemental shooter, that fires shots powered by fire and lightning and whatnot. The Hunter has both of those already.

That leaves some other non-bow/gun/crossbow design. Which leaves basically only thrown weapons, since there really aren't any other options for physical damage at range, and throwers as a class is a really hard proposition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Although 99% of people on this site speculate since the next expansion is most likely Burning Legion the class will be Demon Hunter, I for one think the class with be a Plate Healer/Ranged .

The only class that uses it are Paladins, and currently we have too many Leather wearers in game now IMO, along with far too many Melee classes.
    I can see this happening, although I am highly in favor of a Demon Hunter.

I am also in favor of Horde getting Ogres, and Alliance getting Etherals.

Burning Legion expansion, Demon Hunter Hero Class. Anything else would be blasphemous.

Although you're right about the Int Plate gear, I doubt it greatly.

We've got 3 Cloth, Leather, and Plate users. 2 Mail users. What's more likely to round things out? If speculation is right (it's really, REALLY hit-and-miss, so it's very possible that it's wrong) and a Demon Hunter was the next class, mail makes more sense. They're not heavily geared wearing lots of big armor. Their appearance seems to emphasize greater mobility and freedom of motion than plate would offer.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes, Demon Hunter would be expected in a Burning Legion based expac.
    And yes, currently only 1 spec out of 34 can even make proper use out of +Int plate.

However, Demon Hunters don't wear plate. They are usually shown running around in loose pants and no shirt. Lightly armored evasion-based fighters, like rogues or monks.

There are already 3 cloth, 3 leather, and 3 plate classes. There are only 2 mail classes. If they were going to try to balance the classes to the armor type, then it would be a mail class.

However, Demon Hunter in mail makes as much sense as a DH in plate.

So, meh, who knows.

Deleted
    Hmm Yeh never though about how another ranged class would work with bows but I mean like paladins hunters are the only ones able to use ranged weapons* there for there's no competition which is kinda silly I know there's not hundreds of bow drops etc but still why should a class get an uncontested piece of out when e everyone else has to fight tooth and nail for it

Also agreed on the int plate possibly the next class is like a plate wearing mage lol I dunno

Thanks for the replays much appreciated

Deleted
    we could use more ranged dps classes, so far they have only added melee dps in new classes.

Any concepts for a conventional ranged class are already incorporated into the Hunter class. The only thing that would work is really a Shadow Hunter, being potentially different enough by mixing ranged attacks with spells, but Shadow Hunters only makes sense for trolls.

I don't think another intellect-using plate class would work unless it was a pure healer - all plate int gear has spirit on it.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-01-08 at 07:48 PM.

There's plenty of room for the "Ninja" at this point. Rogues have even gotten the shuriken=autoattack thing added in 5.2 so it's just a few more skills, passives and equivalent finishing moves (or adjustments to the current ones when in that spec) to make a "throw-only" Rogue.

Obviously, if the Demon Hunter were added it would be based on Diablo 3 and not Illidan. Or else they'd have to remove Demonology Warlocks.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-01-08 at 07:51 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    we could use more ranged dps classes, so far they have only added melee dps in new classes.
    This is more a byproduct of the need for tanks in LFD.

Sorry, I just do not see Demon Hunter... what exactly would it be? A hunter mostly. People like the sound of the name, but in gameplay, it is mostly just a hunter.

I hope they are done with classes. the more they make the new classes, the more boring becomes the old class.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Any concepts for a conventional ranged class are already incorporated into the Hunter class. The only thing that would work is really a Shadow Hunter, being potentially different enough by mixing ranged attacks with spells, but Shadow Hunters only makes sense for trolls.

I don't think another intellect-using plate class would work unless it was a pure healer - all plate int gear has spirit on it.
    it does?

obviously they make it work the same way they make spirit work with moonkin, elemental and spriests.. spirit is hit.

I am not saying a INT plate wearer is the next class, but they already solved the spirit problem long ago.

A physical ranged dps alternative - that's not incorporated in current Hunters - would be something like a Grenadier. You'd have to bring Thrown back into the game or come up with a different weapon alternative, and since Grenadier would most likely just be a Spec rather than a whole class (a ranged spec for a class like, say, Tinker) that seems overly complicated.

EDIT: I guess you could make a new weapon that all Tinkers use to supply stats (call it Kit), and then you'd have melee and ranged specs of the class. Kits would provide the "artillery" as it were, while the spec provides the abilities usable within the kit. It'd be pretty flexible, altho you'd want to still want to choose a base stat usable for all specs (Agility if you add a tank spec, Intellect if you add a healer spec).
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-01-08 at 08:25 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    This is more a byproduct of the need for tanks in LFD.

Sorry, I just do not see Demon Hunter... what exactly would it be? A hunter mostly. People like the sound of the name, but in gameplay, it is mostly just a hunter.

I hope they are done with classes. the more they make the new classes, the more boring becomes the old class.
    They are more like rogues.

The reason I don't see a Demon Hunter class happening is because both DKs and Monks are melee classes, and it would be difficult to create another light-armoured melee classes which is unique while we have monks and rogues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bit OT, but,for physical ranged id love to see something like Necromancer using Bone spells, bone being physical
    Spells could be like on in Diablo2, Bone Spear, Teeth and perhaps bleeds for their dots etc. Not sure what kind of weapons it would use.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    i think demon hunter mail wearer that is pure dps. melee/phys range/spell. i'd be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes we need another physical ranged class!!! Please Blizzard. I love using ranged weapons and hunters are getting a bit old.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    There's plenty of room for the "Ninja" at this point. Rogues have even gotten the shuriken=autoattack thing added in 5.2 so it's just a few more skills, passives and equivalent finishing moves (or adjustments to the current ones when in that spec) to make a "throw-only" Rogue.

Obviously, if the Demon Hunter were added it would be based on Diablo 3 and not Illidan. Or else they'd have to remove Demonology Warlocks.
    Not really, they can make both have the demon form, but they can make Demonhunter´s demonform more advance and make it look way better, and they won´t have hellfire but a different tipe of inmolate that will make them look like they are on fire and will only hit enemies in meele range but that will be like a buff and not a spell.

Honestly, also to add to my post earlier, if a Plate Ranged class was created, like a Runemaster or something like that, I'd drop my DK to play it.

A ranged caster wearing Plate is the closest thing to a Battle Mage for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Less new classes, more focus on current ones. There is enough overlap as it is.