Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I got 4 items just today on 1 char, almost full LFR geared now on it and a few other alts. I find it hard to believe that some people have had NOTHING.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I got 4 items just today on 1 char, almost full LFR geared now on it and a few other alts. I find it hard to believe that some people have had NOTHING.
    RNG is RNG. The thing you are finding hard to believe is a reality for many people out there hence the frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    But it sucks majorly that:
    - you cannot trade items to other people
    Yes you are right you really dont get it.
    This is the MAIN point why the new loot system was done over the old one. Item trading means always DRAMA, and blizzard wanted to kill this drama which they effectiveley did.
    Are people happy with the new system?

Well no, but drama has stopped. And blizzard stated themselves that they dont have a problem that all the hate that went into drama right now unloads over their heads.
    They kinda said "We have people rather hating us than each others".

And i dont see much space for improvement here tbh. What they could do is have some fallback routines that step into place when you didnt get loot for a while and gives you better chances. So they could smooth down the edges of really bad rng luck.
    But if you only need to do 2-3 LFR runs to get all the gear you need, this was never the goal of blizzard nor should it be ours.
    Cause then LFR attendance would drastically decrease, which means once your alt is 90 and wants to go LFR he wont get a raid or has to wait hours in a queue.

Try thinking a bit outside of the box, and no i dont mean outside of your personal box but even outside the bigger box...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I really do like the new system. However the perception is worse and I think that's where a lot of people get the wrong impression.

There are a couple changes that I would make, first I would bring up some animated dice so that you get that few moments of excitement hoping your number comes up (plus actually showed what it rolled) and not just the result. I know that's just a visual thing but I think it would give the perception of loot. Second I would display a loot window showing winners, which would also give the impression that your chances are better than they really are (sort of like a slot machine making a ton of sound so that it gives the impression that people are winning more than they are).

And finally I would add items or the chance for items in the loot bag, more like the satchel from LFD. It doesn't have to have as high a drop rate but say 1 in 3 has a potion or a gem and with the small chance for a pet or mount. Nothing is as boring as straight cash, I know we all need it but it's still boring.

Something needs to be done to increase the chance of getting loot over time. Getting nothing for weeks is beyond frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Something needs to be done to increase the chance of getting loot over time. Getting nothing for weeks is beyond frustrating.
    I would have liked a system where if you don't win a roll you get +5 added to your next roll and it would keep adding up until you won something and then reset. Eventually you'd be guaranteed an item but I'm not sure how hard that would be to track and program and I'm sure there would be someone that would figure out how to game the system.

Deleted
    Yet another thread about a stupid pointless topic. "2 months and no free loot!" oh no the world is gonna end..

What people are failing to understand is that if you have not recieved any loot from lfr for 2 months then you are not rolling each week on 18 bosses, you are rolling each week on 6 bosses (7 with Sha, I dont count Galleon because he rarely spawns when I am online, twice in 3 months) since you won't have the gear score to unlock the next tier outside of LFR and and auction house (which you may not have the money for that gear). Going 2 months without drops is entirely possible. Its very rare and it sucks but its possible.

Besides the fact that he's lying/over exaggerating ... rng is rng.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Seriously, not trying to be an ass, but I call this bullsh*t. 2 months and you didn't get a SINGLE item?? No way in hell. I never met 1 person who doesn't get at least 1 item a week.
    I've done LFR for 3 weeks on my Warlock. I've gotten a cloak from Tsulong once.

Got at least 1 item each week (from doing all 3) First week i did MSV i got an item off every boss, ncluding using a token on elegon to get wand and trink in the same run. Last week all i got was a cloak and sigil

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    Yet another thread about a stupid pointless topic. "2 months and no free loot!" oh no the world is gonna end..
    What's worse is I believe OP was looking for a blue to respond... My theory on this, if this is your major complaint about wow - then things are good for you.

"FFS I bought 500 scratch off tickets and none won! WTF!"... it's called bad luck, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Seriously, not trying to be an ass, but I call this bullsh*t. 2 months and you didn't get a SINGLE item?? No way in hell. I never met 1 person who doesn't get at least 1 item a week.
    Took me until just the other week to get my first item, I vendored it instantly.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

RNG can be a bitch.

/shrug

I went 41 rolls in a row once with no loot.

Yesterday I got 3 tier pieces in Nightmare of Shek'zeer, then ran Terrace and got a belt and my second Sha weapon that I vendored. Then ran Dread Approach and got another belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    You should talk to a GM I think. You're probably bugged. The probability of getting no loot for such a long time is literally below zero!
    No it isn't, and, in fact, it cannot be. There is always a positive, albeit increasingly small, chance of getting no loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    - you can get duplicate items

This is nice for enchanters RIGHT NOW. But in the long run it is stupid. Prices are already dropping on Sha Crystals. And having duplicate items drop for you that you can use for an alternate spec/built well.... I think more people want NEW loot then duplicate loot or even gold. Do I have any figures on that statement? No but I do read these and the official forums.
    So you'd rather get nothing than a duplicate? Because that's the alternative. Blizz isn't going to change the system so it gives you more (useful) loot.

RNG is RNG.

I ran terrace of endless spring last night and I got loot off every single boss.

Deleted
    16 LFR bosses + 10 coins = 0 loot

Oh man

10+ Year Old Account
    in fact i got loot yesterday more than 2 months of no loot anyways it was something i didnt need though but what is certain is that was 2 months of zero loot even using the golden coins

I've done LFR on my Paladin since it's came out, (Though I have skipped MSV and HOF a few times in the last couple of weeks)
    I've gotten:

5 Nullification Greathelms
    2 Necklace of Congealed Weaknesses
    2 Shack of Eversparks
    1 Impaling Treads
    1 Bonded Soul Bracers
    1 Bracers of Defiled Earth
    3 Starshatters
    3 Darkmist Vortex
    1 Shoulderguards of Misshapen Life
    1 Hisek's Chrysanthemum Cape
    Tier Chest
    Tier Shoulders
    Tier Helm
    1 Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion
    and from the Sha, I've gotten the tier legs twice and tier gloves.
    I've also gotten all of my sigils, and gotten my epic gem from LFRing

On my monk, which has only done LFR twice or so:
    2 Bottle of Infinite Stars
    1 Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector
    1 Arrow Breaking Windcloak
    Tier chest
    Tier legs
    1 Gara'kal, Fist of the Spiritbinder

and one another one of my characters, I got a PVP ring from the sha.

Am I just insanely lucky?