Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

so its 2 months already of zero loot from the new lfr loot system

this really sucks i really need the 7 star sword from amber shaper but it just doesnt drop also pardom my ignorance but can i make a blue post or its just a blizzard thing pls explain that to me

Deleted
    You are just realy realy unlucky with RNG... I know it sux,but there is nothing you can do about it....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, its a tricky system to get right on Blizzard's part for sure, but believe it or not this is probably the best way to do it. Also, blue posts indicate a blizzard employee post, so only a blizzard employee can make one.

Deleted
    its only a blue post if someone from bliz replys i think. But i wouldnt bother , i dont think theres anything they can do, your just unlucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    this really sucks i really need the 7 star sword from amber shaper but it just doesnt drop also pardom my ignorance but can i make a blue post or its just a blizzard thing pls explain that to me
    1. You don't "NEED" that item at all, and this is not because of the new loot system because:
    2. The chance of you getting the item in other loot systems would likely be just as bad. Also:
    3. Blue posts are made by Blizzard employees only, but:
    4. Not on these forums, though, since:
    5. These are not the Blizzard forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok ty guys

Just think of all the other people queuing up just for the last LFR upgrade they need, who then win the roll on items you need and they are going to vendor. The old system had people needing items for trade, but the new system still gives you less chance than the old. Simply because even if there were just 1/2 maybe 3 people who were not asshats and passed you had a better chance at getting the item vs everyone eligible with the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    Are you talking about this particular sword or you did not receive ANY loot for the last 2 month of every week lfr clears using 3 charms per week?
    Because latter is situation of extremely low probability.

I would like to see each boss have different levels of achievement you PERSONALLY must complete. Each achievement you complete, you gain the matching gear. No more need for RNG, no more ninja looting, it all depends on how you play

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Just think of all the other people queuing up just for the last LFR upgrade they need, who then win the roll on items you need and they are going to vendor. The old system had people needing items for trade
    I think you meant to write, The old system had you competing against other people's guildmates who won items you also need and giving it to their guildmates. Thus decreasing your chance even more to win items than the current system.

That's not counting people who needed items they already had or had the normal\heroic version of that item just to be asses because they felt LFR raiders didn't deserve it.

So you're a statistical outlier. There's millions of people playing the game, it's bound to happen.

Also, on average, you had less than one person not being an asshat. I'd rather see nothing drop for 8 weeks than see the missing item drop and getting won by someone who already has better for 6.

Deleted
    im the same, i think id have more chance of shitting a gold nugget than getting something i wanted from rf, i try my hardest to do good damage or healing but seems to be all for 28g each boss
    Last edited by mmoce85cdeb601; 2013-01-08 at 07:30 PM.

Seriously, not trying to be an ass, but I call this bullsh*t. 2 months and you didn't get a SINGLE item?? No way in hell. I never met 1 person who doesn't get at least 1 item a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I could easily see someone, who is only running one specific raid (either because that's all they have time to run, or they can only access MSV), getting nothing for a long, long time.
    Well, they either implied or we all inferred he meant ALL of LFR, since he said "The NEW LFR LOOT SYSTEM". I can't really complain that I don't get anything from LFR iF all I am doing is queing for 3 bosses each week. I mean, I want to complain about 6 Sha ruins and no Axe yet, but I'd feel guilty about ommiting the 3 Tier helms.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    You may not have met them, but I promise you they exist. I have had plenty of runs where I don't see anything but gold. I got my first piece from Terrace last week. That makes 3 weeks of gold. Yes, I have gotten pieces from both MSV and HOF, but the loot from Terrace eluded me.

I could easily see someone, who is only running one specific raid (either because that's all they have time to run, or they can only access MSV), getting nothing for a long, long time.
    Running four bosses and not getting loot: Pretty standard.
    Running sixteen bosses and not getting loot: Non-standard.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Seriously, not trying to be an ass, but I call this bullsh*t. 2 months and you didn't get a SINGLE item?? No way in hell. I never met 1 person who doesn't get at least 1 item a week.
    Well it is possible, if you are not getting gear to drop then progressing beyond the mogushan vaults would be slowed until you could do enough dailies and valor gear items (1 every 1.5-2 weeks) to get your ilevel up to 470. Sure you could buy some things but not everyone has that kind of money to throw around. He may not even be valor capping every week which would slow the process down even more. If you do 6 bosses a week you have less of a chance of getting loot than if you are doing all 18 a week (Anger and Galeon). If you do all 18 you have a shot at 1-3 pieces a week.

He could also mean that he has been trying for 2 months for the weapon and it hasn't dropped, at which point I would point out that I have been doing Terrace of Endless Spring ever since it was released and even though there are 3 bosses that drop a Sha weapon and I use a coin on each of them every week I still have no Sha weapons even though I have a sha crystal burning a hole in my bags.

I spent 12 weeks in Dragon Soul LFR trying to get the Deathwing 2 hander, so I feel the OP's pain. RNG is RNG.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-01-08 at 07:37 PM.

its better than the old system and going without loot is nothing new, look back at DS, hell i never got some of the gear i was after =( my lock and priest and druid was never able to get the haste staf, my dk never got the 2h sword untill after 4.0 launched, Never was able to get a vial of shadows for hunter, and as much as i wanted one one my DK, Paladin & Warrior i was never able to touch souldrinker... this was all because even after seeing them drop tons of times i would see it get won by some one who
    1.) already had it
    2.) was rolling for a buddy/guildie
    3.) was rolling to try and trade it for something else they needed
    4.) was rolling need to vender/de
    5.) was just rolling to win and troll
    6.) after a while on rare occasions just by some one else who actually needed it as well ( not complaining on this one)

point is Rng is Rng the old system was much, much, much worse. you had tons of people complaining bout never getting loot back than as well. Atleast with the new system its all personal loot so you dont have to sit there and watch your gear get stolen or have your chances deminshed agianst those 2 other players cause they each brought in like 5 friends...

There are only 2 bosses left I need loot from for my holy set, and both of them have never dropped an item for me Rng sux but the system is still better then it was in CAT where people would just roll to roll.

old system: wah! a mage took my shoulders that dropped even though he already had them! wah!
    new system: wah! i cant see all the drops! so even tho i have the same, if not better, chance of getting gear, i just assume i'll never get any! wah!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    its better than the old system and going without loot is nothing new, look back at DS, hell i never got some of the gear i was after =( my lock and priest and druid was never able to get the haste staf, my dk never got the 2h sword untill after 4.0 launched, Never was able to get a vial of shadows for hunter, and as much as i wanted one one my DK, Paladin & Warrior i was never able to touch souldrinker... this was all because even after seeing them drop tons of times i would see it get won by some one who
    1.) already had it
    2.) was rolling for a buddy/guildie
    3.) was rolling to try and trade it for something else they needed
    4.) was rolling need to vender/de
    5.) was just rolling to win and troll
    6.) after a while on rare occasions just by some one else who actually needed it as well ( not complaining on this one)

point is Rng is Rng the old system was much, much, much worse. you had tons of people complaining bout never getting loot back than as well. Atleast with the new system its all personal loot so you dont have to sit there and watch your gear get stolen or have your chances deminshed agianst those 2 other players cause they each brought in like 5 friends...
    They also won't be calling for you to get booted for something you never did just to reduce the amount of people in the group that might need on a 2 hnded strength sword that they want.