Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG. Sometimes it is your friend; sometimes it is most definitely not your friend. Human nature says you'll remember the bad more than the good.

I've run Sha of Gold ever week, almost invariably on multiple characters. I run Galleon any time I can (which, due to him preferring to spawn while I'm at work, is nowhere near as often - but is still multiple times on multiple characters). Up until LAST NIGHT, I had yet to win ANYTHING from him, even burning alts' coins on him. (Last night he dropped a beautiful helm for my alt brewmaster - so happy!)

I've had good and bad luck with LFR: my druid gets screwed week after week... but my monk does alright. (My 'lock no longer does LFR, because there's no longer a reason to.) Some weeks are better than others.

I've seen people in guild (often in a party to make it less painful dealing with PUGs) go multiple weeks on multiple characters without winning anything. I've also seen people in the guild get four pieces of loot from ToES LFR in one week on one character. So it goes.

Deleted
    I know OP's feel, heroic raiding hunter here with BLUE weapon. At 496 freaking ILevel. With finished 6000 VP quest.
    Coining every LFR and normal / heroic boss. Killing normal / heroic bosses for their normal drops aswell.

Nothing. I give up, I'm not even mad at this point. That RNG is so bad that it's funny and silly in one.
    I give 0 fucks, heroic bosses fall. Just makes me cringe when I could do 10k more DPS with that fucking one item + 660 agi from quests.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2013-01-08 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no loot at all no sword no nothing last time i got smething was an item i already had 21 month ago

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:00 PM ----------

the golden coins doesnt give nothing but gold

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    old system; wah, bosses drop shit when they die, someone took something and i whispered if i could have it due to reasons a b c d e and f and they agreed Wah
    new system; wah, bosses die and i get nothing, boss dies and i get same loot as last week but cant do anything with it, wah

The current system most likely slows down overall gearing for everybody in total loots distributed/used than the pervious
    yes actually it did slow down many... the ones who always had their buddys in there needing for them, and you listed another reason why the new system is better, it stops people like you from constantly whispering begging and crying for the gear won. duplicate gear has always dropped and i repeat ALWAYS! nothing new there. the system isn't designed so you can run it 3 times get the gear you want and never have to return so quit crying cause you got something for free that you already had and be glad dipshits aren't stealing your gear anymore. the previous system was completely utter shit and was abused constantly, its gone and not coming back, don't like it? quit! the game would be much better off without you people always wanting and crying for gear to be just handed to you when/how you like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    yes actually it did slow down many... the ones who always had their buddys in there needing for them, and you listed another reason why the new system is better, it stops people like you from constantly whispering begging and crying for the gear won. duplicate gear has always dropped and i repeat ALWAYS! nothing new there. the system isn't designed so you can run it 3 times get the gear you want and never have to return so quit crying cause you got something for free that you already had and be glad dipshits aren't stealing your gear anymore. the previous system was completely utter shit and was abused constantly, its gone and not coming back, don't like it? quit! the game would be much better off without you people always wanting and crying for gear to be just handed to you when/how you like.
    First of all, you need to calm down. Round about... now. Let me make this clear, crystal fucking clear.... I do not expect gear 'to be just handed to me when/how I like'. That was a pretty absurd statement to make. Im not in a 25 man heroic progression guild so I can hit a pinata and get some lovely crappy iLevel gear that people like you will probably finish the expansion in We done with the random flaming now? Can we get back on topic?

Im not sure what you consider to be 'abuse' but the previous system is the looting system that has always been in WoW, and is still in dungeons, normal and heroic raids. If it was such a major issue for several people to group up to kill something with other people so they could all attempt to win the desired item for a single person dont you think the looting would also have been changed in dungeons and actual raids? Or are you attempting to create facts out of opinions?

Dont hate something because you got jacked over that time that a guild was in your lfr attempting to win an item for one of their members that you also needed but lost. Gearing alts and well, alts in general arent like they should be/Blizzard wants them to be, Ghostcrawler even said this. And a big part of that is to do with the lfr looting system.

Id just like to say I like your soloution of if you dont like something, simply quit. Where would the game be if people like you were running it, eh? Last time I checked this was a place for discussion, next time, I would advise on not taking such a badly written aggressive stance to someone posting an opinion thats not just 'I hate this its crap' but actually has an idea behind it.

Anesthetic out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Seriously, not trying to be an ass, but I call this bullsh*t. 2 months and you didn't get a SINGLE item?? No way in hell. I never met 1 person who doesn't get at least 1 item a week.
    My first 5 weeks were met with 0 items from both LFR, coins, and Sha, RNG can be a bitch. Then I got 6 tier pieces + Axe from Sha of Fear + 2 more items in two weeks, it happens, we do exist.

2 months? hah!

In Dragon Soul LFR... i went 25 weeks and NEVER got my 1handed sword off of Deathwing. Of those 25 clears, i saw the sword drop TWICE.

I've gone 7 LFR clears of Sha of Fear with a token each time so 14 rolls and still have not won the axe.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Took me 11 weeks to get Heroic Hand of Morchok. RNG is a bitch sometimes. I also never got the Swift Zulian Tiger in 50+ kills before they removed the raid version of ZG.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i do know ppl that loot every week having to sell the stuff cause the already have em an i see a lot but a lottttt of warrs on my realm with the damn sword i want/need/begging for so sometimes i thinks theres something wrong on my char o hell idk but what i do know its in the last 2 months i havent loot nothing but gold even using the 3 golden coins every week thats what i know for sure
    Last edited by MORGATH99; 2013-01-09 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    2. The chance of you getting the item in other loot systems would likely be just as bad.
    Not really. Your effective chance to get the item in the old loot system is only the same if you had no friends roll on it, couldn't win an item to trade for it, etc. Basically your odds to acquire the item via a straight roll hasn't changed at all, but your odds to acquire the item through trades, friends, etc has been reduced to zero, so the overall odds of getting an item have decreased.

It's funny that no one seems to understand that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    Took me 11 weeks to get Heroic Hand of Morchok. RNG is a bitch sometimes. I also never got the Swift Zulian Tiger in 50+ kills before they removed the raid version of ZG.
    Tiger = roughly 2% drop rate.

Chance of not seeing the tiger drop in 50 kills = .98^50 = 36% approx

If the tiger had been a 1% drop rate your chance of not seeing it was 61% over 50 kills.

So at 1% it was highly unlikely for you to see the tiger and at 2% you still had better than a 1 in 3 chance of not seeing it - you weren't stretching the odds very much.

To reach a virtual guarantee (less than 1% chance to not see it drop) of seeing the tiger at a 2% drop rate you would need something like 240 kills.

Deleted
    I won loads of LFR items. 4 tier gear, 2 swords, a trinket , bracer, hands and off- hand and 2 rings. Loot system works great as I used to never get loot because of guilds ninjaing items for eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG Is RNG
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    well i do know ppl that loot every week having to sell the stuff cause the already have em an i see a lot but a lottttt of warrs on my realm with the damn sword i want/need/begging for so sometimes i thinks theres something wrong on my char o hell idk but what i do know its in the last 2 months i havent loot nothing but gold even using the 3 golden coins every week thats what i know for sure
    What did you edit in this post?!

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Seriously, not trying to be an ass, but I call this bullsh*t. 2 months and you didn't get a SINGLE item?? No way in hell. I never met 1 person who doesn't get at least 1 item a week.
    There is a 1% chance or so of not getting something after 30 successive rolls. I'm currently at 0/28 for the two sha touched weapon bosses for example. That's 7 weeks with no loot off those two bosses.

thread title is misleading. Your making it seem as if there is no loot dropping for you when in fact ur trying to get 1 piece off 1 boss. Of course thats going to be hard to do.

My dk is doing heroics with a shitty blue sword due to RNG so no you don't "need" the weapon. Just sucks for you that you have horrible luck as do I. Yet, I don't make a thread to complain.

my guildie gets at least 3-4 items a week from LFR ... Ive gotten 2 Pieces in the entire time ive run LFR

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is a 1% chance or so of not getting something after 30 successive rolls. I'm currently at 0/28 for the two sha touched weapon bosses for example. That's 7 weeks with no loot off those two bosses.
    1% after 28 rolls, 0.76% after 30. So, out of 1000 people, it happens to 7-8. May not seem like a lot, but there's a lot more than 1000 people doing LFR, and those that get what they want probably don't post about it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    no loot at all no sword no nothing last time i got smething was an item i already had 21 month ago

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:00 PM ----------

the golden coins doesnt give nothing but gold
    I would love to see your armory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grakey View Post
    Yeah, its a tricky system to get right on Blizzard's part for sure, but believe it or not this is probably the best way to do it. Also, blue posts indicate a blizzard employee post, so only a blizzard employee can make one.
    "probably the best way to do it"? Are you serious? The current system is nowhere close to the way it should. Randomly handing out loot to a player without respect to anything besides the spec they play is absolute garbage. The system in place is probably as bad as it could get. The room for improvement is very abundant.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder