Home workout with minimal equipment.

Hey, just a quick one from me really. I'm average build, 6' 2" but looking to loose a little tummy fat for the summer. I did used to go to the gym but really didnt enjoy it with everyone there. Seemed like they where all judgmental and stuff, don't need that!?! Anyways i was thinking does anyone know of or do some home routines mainly for like 30-60 mins a night using just some dumbells / free weights? I don't have any equipment what so ever so i'd need to pick a few things up maybe but i'm limited to space at home. Anyone got any ideas?

If you are just wanting to lose some weight without a lot of equipment look into P90X or Insanity. I had a buddy do P90x a couple years ago and he really enjoyed it and shaped his body fairly nicely. Just remember your diet is more important (usually) than the exercise when it comes to dropping the pounds. Abs are made in the kitchen.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can try with the Insanity program is really good to get a good shape, also remenber to have a good diet, that´s one of the most important things if you want to lose that tummy :P

Edit: O.o sorry Gismo i didn´t read your post, but is just like you say, so men try one of those programs and remenber to keep them up!

Deleted
    You'll be skinny fat if you lose the weight now, go lift weights and think about getting a decent body for next year instead.

You can torrent Body Beast.

If you can afford it, I would go look at Insanity. It is a cardio workout that does not require anything but your own body weight. It will help you lose weight and gain muscle. Despite what people may say, you will gain muscle doing Insanity as you do resistance exercises along with cardio.

I have done Insanity myself and can say that it works. I lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks. Unfortunately I let myself quit otherwise I would have lost much more.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

p90x for life. About to start my 4th run through. I do em every winter and get where I wanna be. Just need dumbbells and a pullup bar (or if you don't have either, a resistance band/rope)
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Thanks for the replies ill look into insanity and p90x and see which takes my fancy. Cheers

You could always get a skipping rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You could always get a skipping rope.
    Fuck everything else, SKIPPING ROPE YEAH!

I would suggest getting some running shoes and run outside if all you are looking to do is get in good shape. If you are trying to look muscular, you need a gym.

Minimal equipment:
    1 - 45 pound plate (possibly a 35 depending on how strong you are)
    Nothing else

The ASU plate workout, harder than you would think at first glance.

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/20...-Plate-Workout

If you can complete this, you are pretty hardcore.

Don't underestimate simple things like sit ups and push ups when done correctly, also for weight loss cardio is way better than weight training.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Don't underestimate simple things like sit ups and push ups when done correctly, also for weight loss cardio is way better than weight training.
    Not in the end.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are limited on space I'd recommend a kettlebell + free workouts/routines/instructions via youtube.

^His workout is pretty much what I did along with a change to my eating habits and the results were impressive to say the least.

Deleted
    If you only want to buy the most minimal of equipment:

Skipping rope
    24kg Kettlebell
    Gymnast rings.

That's all you really need.

Things you can make cheaply:

Parallettes,
    24" x 32" box (box jumps)

Things you can beg, borrow and steal for free if you're canny:

Tractor Tyre,
    Sandbag (fill with sand obviously),
    Sledgehammer,
    Thick rope for climbing (atleast 2" diameter)
    Old sled (with sandbags on it for drags)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    also for weight loss cardio is way better than weight training.
    I was always under the impression the best way to lose weight was to build muscle, and the only way to build muscle is to lift weights (not specifically dumbbells).

I agree with others, dieting is king. Idk what else to say, I really like having cardio equipment around. I hate the gym. My friends went to the gym together and they made it work, but they went to get buff, not to lose weight lol, so it's still not for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I was always under the impression the best way to lose weight was to build muscle, and the only way to build muscle is to lift weights (not specifically dumbbells).

I agree with others, dieting is king. Idk what else to say, I really like having cardio equipment around. I hate the gym. My friends went to the gym together and they made it work, but they went to get buff, not to lose weight lol, so it's still not for me.
    Combination is king. Combine high intensity cardiovascular exercise (sprints & circuit training) with more traditional weight lifting (big compounds movements - Deadlift, Cleans, Snatches, Presses, Squats) and bodyweight compound movements (Burpees, Pullups, Muscleups).