Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stat Priority for Demo

I've been searching for answers to my DPS issues (as Demo) as I've generally been falling behind my co-raiders. Yesterday I ran multiple Sims against my character and found Crit as being quite ahead of Haste (followed by mastery).

I regeared accordingly and noticed a significant DPS increase in HoF last night.

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm the stat priority for Demo as I've been seeing a lot of conflicting reports / advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxa View Post
    I've been searching for answers to my DPS issues (as Demo) as I've generally been falling behind my co-raiders. Yesterday I ran multiple Sims against my character and found Crit as being quite ahead of Haste (followed by mastery).

I regeared accordingly and noticed a significant DPS increase in HoF last night.

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm the stat priority for Demo as I've been seeing a lot of conflicting reports / advice.

I am a 489 Demo Lock and I too have tried reforging, etc to all three stats...Mastery, Crit and Haste.

My personal experience is that my dps is highest using the priority of Mastery > Haste > Crit. The priority of Crit > Mastery > Haste was very close, but I noticed a significant drop in dps when I tried Haste (to 4717) > Mastery > Crit.

I have not yet experimented with Mastery > Crit > Haste, but I will probably do so for our raid this week.

As for falling behind your co-raiders, I have the same experience in 5.1.

In 5.0, I was the dps leader in my group for the majority of our encounters. However, since 5.1, I rarely lead. I suspect that the cause is that the Lock changes/nerfs and other class buffs that have evened the playing field, or maybe even tilted it away from Locks.

Dont use sims for demo, it doesnt work properly. The idea is to get 4717 haste which is around 11.3%, if iI remember right. This gives you your extra doom tick and 2 corruption ticks. Then you focus on crit and mastery. I keep the two sort of semi balanced. Currently at 495 ilvl im at 21% mastery and almost 14% crit. Now dont go trusting me 100% on this, but im doing descent numbers, bursting for around 200k and sustained dps around 80-110 k depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    Dont use sims for demo, it doesnt work properly. The idea is to get 4717 haste which is around 11.3%, if iI remember right. This gives you your extra doom tick and 2 corruption ticks. Then you focus on crit and mastery. I keep the two sort of semi balanced. Currently at 495 ilvl im at 21% mastery and almost 14% crit. Now dont go trusting me 100% on this, but im doing descent numbers, bursting for around 200k and sustained dps around 80-110 k depending on the fight.
    How do you open, Hex? I haven't been able to burst even close to that without a pool of Fury.

usually, prepot>coe>hand of guldan>corruption>meta>dark soul+synapse springs>doom>imps>felguard>felstorm>meta soulfire (usualy 2-3, they crit for bout 200-300k)>if u got fury for it, 1 or 2 touches of chaos > meta drops> hand of guldan> refresh corruption if u didnt touch of chaos, and then shadowbolts soulfires etc. Its a bit rngish, but this usually gets me anywhere from 160-220 k burst

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    usually, prepot>coe>hand of guldan>corruption>meta>dark soul+synapse springs>doom>imps>felguard>felstorm>meta soulfire (usualy 2-3, they crit for bout 200-300k)>if u got fury for it, 1 or 2 touches of chaos > meta drops> hand of guldan> refresh corruption if u didnt touch of chaos, and then shadowbolts soulfires etc. Its a bit rngish, but this usually gets me anywhere from 160-220 k burst
    I've been playing basically strictly Affliction until Heroic Feng, our raid group simply does not have the AoE to burn the adds. Demonology solved this for us, but I'm still tryig to figure out the optimal way to AOE Feng's adds.

My single target is very lackluster compared to most others right now because I've barely touched Demonolgy since the revamp.

make sure to have your darksoul for the adds, and maybe even infernal if its necessary. For aoe till next patch at least, immolation aura and harvest life is pretty nice, unglyphed carrion swarm might be needed, but generally dark souled hand of guldan followed by a chaos wave is pretty powerful there.

Thanks for the help.

I also posted in the "Help me" thread.

I'll try reforging to the haste breakpoint you mentioned (if I have the gear to support it).

some superpro will prolly say im wrong bout it all lol, but meh work for me lol

Should probably save your first DS til you build ~750-800 Fury; so the opener would look like:
    Prepot > HoG+Felstorm (Felstorm not on your GCD) > Corruption > Imps > Meta for Doom > Spam SB/HF until 750-800 Fury > Meta+DS, refresh Doom (this usually will line up with 30s remaining on Doom, so you get a Pandemic'd Doom with DS)

So I noticed both of you guys mentioned Felstorm. Are you using Grim. of Service then with Felguard instead of Gim. of Sup?

Yeah serivce. Supremacy is less dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxa View Post
    So I noticed both of you guys mentioned Felstorm. Are you using Grim. of Service then with Felguard instead of Gim. of Sup?
    Cause of 4PC using GoServ is really lame to line up and is barely a DPS increase over GoSup - I'm just used to saying Felstorm instead of Wrathstorm, same idea though. Fights where burst AoE is required GoServ will be better by a bit but generally speaking GoSup will do generally the same amount.

This is the Demonology pet/grimoire rankings right now (Felguard is using GoServ, Wrathguard GoSup), so it's really marginally better:

hmm, havent seen the updated rankings, good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Should probably save your first DS til you build ~750-800 Fury; so the opener would look like:
    Prepot > HoG+Felstorm (Felstorm not on your GCD) > Corruption > Imps > Meta for Doom > Spam SB/HF until 750-800 Fury > Meta+DS, refresh Doom (this usually will line up with 30s remaining on Doom, so you get a Pandemic'd Doom with DS)
    That actually reminds me since I haven't played that much to test, do Imps dynamically benefit from Dark Soul?

If you believe in the buff they have on themselves, yes, with each cast.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That actually reminds me since I haven't played that much to test, do Imps dynamically benefit from Dark Soul?
    Pretty easy to test and I can do that once I get home! But they should like Nivra said.

darksoul is 18000 mastery, so increasing your imp damage by 30% is pretty damn significant lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Don't wait on Fury to pop your cooldowns at the pull.

There's actually a bunch of discussion in the sticky at the top of the forums about this, and stat weights. My own sims and reforge plots have been pretty consistent in saying Haste > Mastery ~ Crit.

I'm only going to bother posting in this thread once.

Do not use Corruption Haste breakpoints as Demonology. When you extend the duration via ToC, you chance the breakpoints completely. 4717 is never worth taking as Demonology.

8064 is the breakpoint once you're in full or close to BiS. If you're in normal gear, go with 3036. After that, Mastery>Crit>Haste.

If you try to sim for breakpoints at 3036 or 8064, you'll get Crit=Mastery>Haste, but that's with Simcraft not scaling Shadowflame with Meta weaving your HoG. That extra Shadowflame damage is a really big deal, and it would put Mastery priority solidly above Crit.

Again, and for the last time... Do not rely on Simcraft for Demonology weights.