What is GoldRush BG? Does Blizzard work on two new Battlegrounds?

I was interested in map that come with Patch 5.2, called GoldRushBG. in the first I thought it is not yet finished, or they just put the files with names and no any informations. I was curious, and I have start to dig those map files. In the end, I realize it is the map that is not yet finished and in an early stage of development. But when we look it, from Air we can see that they are similar, since both half's are same.

Could this be second Battleground that Blizzard is working on. One more interesting part is that map is small when I look at it.

Last edited by Stiven; 2013-01-09 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, valley of the four winds setting by the looks of it. Horde vs Alliance bases.. Horde trying to get resources from Pandaira while the Alliance fights them off. Sounds about right.

As for the objective, maybe collect the gold and get it back to your base before the enemy kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Hmmm, valley of the four winds setting by the looks of it. Horde vs Alliance bases.. Horde trying to get resources from Pandaira while the Alliance fights them off. Sounds about right.

As for the objective, maybe collect the gold and get it back to your base before the enemy kill you.
    That is kind a interesting. But could suck, since we have something like that with STV Mines :/

Second BG? This will be much for PVP. I don't get the point why make more battlegrounds?

Looks really unfinished, but again small map for 10 players... Waiting for a video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPassanger View Post
    Second BG? This will be much for PVP. I don't get the point why make more battlegrounds?

Looks really unfinished, but again small map for 10 players... Waiting for a video.
    Give me another massive BG like AV but a bit more up to date with the story currently, also make it like the old one.

Off topic - Nice to see another Dexter fan

10+ Year Old Account

More Bgs and PVP content is good, other ppl that have different taste of gameplay deserve to have something also, not everything is PVE you know. Even though we can agree PVE is the main thing of WoW. Also, ofcourse its unfinshed I bet most data miners dont even know this existed, so this is basicly in early files of development.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-08 at 11:26 PM.

Updated first post with Screenshots. Take your time till the video is done

I dont know if blizz completely scrapped the dota style bg, but this looks like it could possibly fit that format

Video is up and running (As I sad, this is damn unfinished and in the early stage of development):

Maybe you don't look at PvP like other players and me. In WoW I care only for Lore, and PvP but only Battlegrounds not the arena. I am proud member of Commander Rank 11 Title. Kind a sad because I didn't go more in Vanilla
    As much as they give us more Battleground they gonna make us PvP Players more happy as they make PvE player with new raid istances

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    That is kind a interesting. But could suck, since we have something like that with STV Mines :/
    TP is pretty much EXACTLY like WSG, except you have a river. Gilnaes, Arathi Basin, except with 3 bases (which does make it fairly different in terms of strategy).

If this is something akin to "Travel to one part, grab gold, travel back to base", that would make it pretty decent, different enough from Mines. However, with this BG currently in develpoment, I'm thinking, BG in 5.3 (Defense of the ale house), and this one in 5.5 (Finishing with Siege in 5.6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I have just uploaded 3 more images. I just noticed on one side of the map there are human models. Now I can only speculate it can be peasants.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic!

Good to see PVP getting a bit of love mid expansion.
    I was a little disappointed during cata with the release of only TP and BoG. While I enjoyed both BGS. We'd played these styles before.

Looks interesting. WC3 Goldmine
    Any info in files how it should be working?

I think 5.3 will be more of a PvP patch.

5.2 - new raid, new dailies/area, etc.
    5.3 - 2 new BGs, new dailies/area etc.
    5.4 - new raid, 3 new dungeons, new dailies etc.

Sounds good to me.

10+ Year Old Account

I know i am not the only one that feels like this. But i can't stand pvp any longer because of old battlegrounds. Doing stuff like AB for 6+ years gets boring. IMO they need 5/10 more new bgs.
    Aye mate

5 ? As I know Blizzard stated they will only make 10 for now on, just because of Rated BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I think 5.3 will be more of a PvP patch.

5.2 - new raid, new dailies/area, etc.
    5.3 - 2 new BGs, new dailies/area etc.
    5.4 - new raid, 3 new dungeons, new dailies etc.

Sounds good to me.
    Sounds more like it to me, I like it have a patch based on PvP it aint a bad idea
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    I have just uploaded 3 more images. I just noticed on one side of the map there are human models. Now I can only speculate it can be peasants.

Those human models are used for scaling in game doodads and WMOs.

And from the looks of it, they have to do a lot more work scaling those gold bars...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hope both of BGs will release during MoP lifecycle ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Hope both of BGs will release during MoP lifecycle ^_^
    It looks like Goldrush is in 5.3 now. It looks very interesting.
    Signature by Shyama