Razer's Project Fiona

The tablet which was public ridicule here few months ago was also announced: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2413967,00.asp

Basically it's 10 inch Windows 8 tablet with i5 or i7 CPU and 64-250GB SSD and GT640m GPU. Prices start from $999 so it's hopelessly overpriced imho.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Well, it is razer, so why not make it overpriced! It looks silly to me, but I'm sure the same dumbdumbs that buy 1000$ video cards to just play WoW with will buy this.

Deleted
    Rift on a tablet, that tablet will be a hot plank to bake some cakes.

O.o
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2013-01-08 at 09:06 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Well, it is razer, so why not make it overpriced! It looks silly to me, but I'm sure the same dumbdumbs that buy 1000$ video cards to just play WoW with will buy this.
    Sounds like you're jealous of people who have money to throw, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even have a 690, stop hating hater.

Suck the fattest part of my dick tetrisgoat, you wouldn't know trolling if a 300 lb call of duty player walked up to you attempting to shove a bf3 CD in your narrow ass.

* User was infracted
    Last edited by Kymei; 2013-01-09 at 03:55 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    when i heard the prices today, i thought they were very good, or at the very least in-line with what they should be according to the current market.

"i thought" is probably the wrong way to word it, tablets are replacing laptops faster then it appeared, and this is a great one it looks like. if you would put it head to head against the microsoft surface pro it is better dollar for dollar.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    I actually like the idea, especially the different modes.What turned me off was the fact that you had to pay for each mode accessory separately

Given Razers reputation for making highly innovative products that suffer from short lifespans due to lack of quality I can't see myself dropping $1k on a tablet, much less one using windows8.

Also not like I would ever need that much power in a tablet, doubt I will ever get used to the idea of touchscreen gaming especially on such a small screen.
    Besides all I ever do with my laptop is surf the web, stream movies and run MS Office.
    Last edited by skrump; 2013-01-08 at 10:52 PM.

So.

The Surface Pro has an i5 and no dedicated graphics chip and people say it is pointless because it only has 5 hours battery lifetime.

The Fiona has an i7 and a dedicated graphics chip, I'm not expecting it to have more than 2 hours of battery life time. Not to mention the likely heat issues, making it a 1000-1500 dollar glass ceramic cooking top.

edit: found this:
    Razer has quoted the Edge at roughly one hour of battery life when playing games without the aid of a power cord or extended battery and roughly four to six hours for regular use. Razer will be selling an extended battery, which can be housed in each of its add-on accessories for $70, which adds another hour of playtime, bringing it to a maximum of 2 hours of gameplay.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...the-razer-edge
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-01-08 at 11:00 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So.

The Surface Pro has an i5 and no dedicated graphics chip and people say it is pointless because it only has 5 hours battery lifetime.

The Fiona has an i7 and a dedicated graphics chip, I'm not expecting it to have more than 2 hours of battery life time. Not to mention the likely heat issues, making it a 1000-1500 dollar glass ceramic cooking top.

edit: found this:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...the-razer-edge
    "Razer has quoted the Edge at roughly one hour of battery life when playing games without the aid of a power cord or extended battery and roughly four to six hours for regular use." so gross.

and on the plus side, you can use it to make breakfast after a quick gaming session.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

10+ Year Old Account
    So what is the point of putting an i7 in a tablet intended for gaming (which is a retarded idea to begin with, have fun with your 80 degree tablet)?

Is it the same bullshit marketing as always? People just assuming bigger number = better?

And who knows how heavy the damn thing will be with the extended battery pack (+1 hour, $70)?

The point of a tablet is that it is light-weight, and easy to hold in one hand without getting aching wrist muscles. That thing has got to weigh over a kilo.

It really isn't overpriced imo. 999 will get you a freaking tablet with an i5, 4GB of ram, a 640, a 64BG SSD, and assorted other features. This utterly blows the Ipad out of the water, and even destroys the surface pro, which is the same price and doesn't even have a graphics card.

Holy fuck. I was really thinking about getting a sager NP150, but this just changed the game. People said the razer blade wouldn't sell. It did, it sold out every single time they restocked within a day, or even hours. People want power and portability.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    So what is the point of putting an i7 in a tablet intended for gaming (which is a retarded idea to begin with, have fun with your 80 degree tablet)?

Is it the same bullshit marketing as always? People just assuming bigger number = better?
    a laptop i7 is different from a desktop i7. a low level laptop i7 is comparable to a desktop i5. The i7 they are using is also only a dual core version.
    Last edited by Defengar; 2013-01-09 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    It really isn't overpriced imo. 999 will get you a freaking tablet with an i5, 4GB of ram, a 640, a 64BG SSD, and assorted other features. This utterly blows the Ipad out of the water, and even destroys the surface pro, which is the same price and doesn't even have a graphics card.

Holy fuck. I was really thinking about getting a sager NP150, but this just changed the game. People said the razer blade wouldn't sell. It did, it sold out every single time they restocked within a day, or even hours. People want power and portability.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 07:19 PM ----------

a laptop i7 is different from a desktop i7. a low level laptop i7 is comparable to a desktop i5. The i7 they are using is also only a dual core version.
    The difference between an i7 and i5 is hyper threading, thats it...

laptop i7's are clocked higher than i5's and use more power.

Not when it comes to laptop CPUs.

http://ark.intel.com/products/64893/...up-to-3_60-GHz 2 core HT.
    http://ark.intel.com/products/64895/...up-to-3_50-GHz 2 core HT.

laptop i7's are clocked higher than i5's and use more power.
    http://ark.intel.com/compare/64895,64893
    They have the same TDP, the difference is 1MB cache and 0.1GHz higher frequency.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-01-09 at 01:46 AM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Not when it comes to laptop CPUs.

http://ark.intel.com/products/64893/...up-to-3_60-GHz 2 core HT.
    http://ark.intel.com/products/64895/...up-to-3_50-GHz 2 core HT.

http://ark.intel.com/compare/64895,64893
    They have the same TDP, the difference is 1MB cache and 0.1GHz higher frequency.
    Okay, so why is that worth an extra 100 dollars.

Thats got to be the most inefficient upgrade I've ever seen.

Then quit bitching and don't buy it. You want to know the grossest upgrade price offered by a tech company? On the Mac pro, apple charges 1,992$ to upgrade from 6 to 64 gigabytes of ram on the customization page. It's not even name brand ram.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then quit bitching and don't buy it. You want to know the grossest upgrade price offered by a tech company? On the Mac pro, apple charges 1,992$ to upgrade from 6 to 64 gigabytes of ram on the customization page. It's not even name brand ram.
    I'm not bitching. I wasn't going to buy it. Fuck apple, they're greedy. We already knew that.

Deleted
    I would not ever buy it.

But would like to see a review on it.

But coming from Razer I am skeptical about it.