Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    fucking sweet, maybe I'll FINALLY be able to get my god damned Claws of Shek'zeer

unless of course they add higher ilvl Sha Touched weapons on 5.2....
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    486 is too high for those who donot do normal raids. LFR is suppose to be for those who want to be casual raiders, who donot do normal raids. If 486 remains when 5.2 goes live, I predict this will be a large mistake by Blizzard. I guess 486 can be reached if you pound out all the factions dailies everyday. But if that is the case, just change the name of WoW to WoD ( World of Dailycraft ).:P Players are going to get sick of it.
    That is so false. There are three slots you can get that are 496 from the new faction, there is sha that drops 496. You do not need to ´pound´ every faction every day.. you need to be working on at least 1 faction though...

My ilvl is 489 and I have never stepped foot in a normal raid. I also still have 2 pieces of the 5.1 rep gear I can buy. And obviously, once that is done, I can upgrade some pieces, which I have only done so far with my sha weapon. My ilvl will probably be closer to 492 by the time 5.2 drops. There is no reason someone´s main shouldn´t have 486, and there is no reason a rarely played alt, or a new player should expect to jump into the new raid.

Deleted
    I think they made normal Thunder king first, then toned it down and came to the conclusion that 486 is the lowest ilvl possible without getting wipes all over the place.

They will prolly change some, maybe they will lower the ilvl and nerf some specific wipe ensuring abilities and call it a day (LFR is zerging anyway).

My opinion is; LFR isn't suposed to be hard, for me it's a medium to try a new spec, get geared on an alt, or get geared on your main trying to get into a real raiding guild.

No way that they can implement a 25 people (even 10) LF kind of thing that uses any kind of intelligent tactics of some sort, Cata heroics have shown that it just doesn't work with 5,10 or 25 people who don't know eachother and don't care.
    Alot of people doing LFR are having a free day of raiding and don't want to get stressed out with randoms, check out the people running from pugs on the same realm after a whipe O_o

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And if it was 490, there'd be people defending that too.

There's no way they'll keep 486. 480 is much more likely.
    Not sure where the math works out.. but I don´t think it is too much to ask for ( and remember, we probably have another month before 5.2)

1 piece of 496 from sha
    2 pieces of 496 from the new reputation (3 possible)
    4 pieces of 489 rep gear from other factions, or from quests, or from craftables.
    The rest 483 from current LFR

Also remember that the moment 5.2 drops, all those 496 BOE stuff is going to be dirt cheap. There will also be other rep gear available that will be higher than 496 etc etc.

I think those are the three things most people are forgetting 1. we still have another 4-5 weeks until 5.2, 2. there is a new rep coming with high ilvl gear 3. Current bOEs are going to drop in price drastically, both craftables and raid drops. I think those things justiify your 480 going to 486.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 01:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    I think they made normal Thunder king first, then toned it down and came to the conclusion that 486 is the lowest ilvl possible without getting wipes all over the place.

They will prolly change some, maybe they will lower the ilvl and nerf some specific wipe ensuring abilities and call it a day (LFR is zerging anyway).

My opinion is; LFR isn't suposed to be hard, for me it's a medium to try a new spec, get geared on an alt, or get geared on your main trying to get into a real raiding guild.

No way that they can implement a 25 people (even 10) LF kind of thing that uses any kind of intelligent tactics of some sort, Cata heroics have shown that it just doesn't work with 5,10 or 25 people who don't know eachother and don't care.
    Alot of people doing LFR are having a free day of raiding and don't want to get stressed out with randoms, check out the people running from pugs on the same realm after a whipe O_o
    Really is the truth. Besides the tank, LFR requires really nothing from dps or healers. And I am a player who does not do normal raiding at all. Fights like Galaron, and even fights where a dps gets a debuff that blows up other people tells me that they cannot make things mechanically difficult.

I don´t mind them though, LFR is still better than doing WOTLK (or current) LFDs as my endgame.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Those numbers are unnecessary and kind of ridiculous, especially with the new item upgrade system. I seriously don't understand what you find difficult about getting to 460/470 respectively - is it that you want to be able to do all of the LFRs instantly when you hit 90?

I never resorted to insults. I utilized them in addition to valid points to emphasise how ridiculous I found your opinions and arguments. As I continue to do.
    I never resorted to insults. I utilized them in addition to valid points to emphasise how ridiculous I found your opinions and arguments. As I continue to do.
    I never resorted to insults. I utilized them
    So you never used them, except for when you used them? Your logic is clearly flawless!

Again, I have never said that hitting 460 is hard, nor have I said farming reps are hard. I've done both (Pandaren Ambassador and Beloved title. I know how to farm reps and do dailies. ) and more through lucky RNG and farming up VP for VP gear. That is you constructing some fantasy position that I am asking to ding 90 and be mailed epics by a benevolent GM to make your argument sound better.

What I said is that I felt the original LFR iLvL restrictions were a little stiff, in particular the 470 part of HoF/ToES, considering there is only an 7 iLvL bump in rewards between the two tiers of loot, yet a 10 iLvL difference in requirements.

And if all you ever seem to get in MSV is 28g 50s boss after boss, week after week, and if GC has stated that VP isn't required to progress in normal modes, doesn't it seem odd that you would need it to bump your iLvL enough to even get into the upper level of the 5.0 LFR?

Also, I have mentioned iLvL upgrades in my very first post, and several times since, and it keeps getting thrown into my face like I have overlooked it. But iLvL upgrades didn't exist in 5.0, when JP rewards would have been what you would have spent those JP that you earned from heroics on. Those rewards were 458. You couldn't upgrade 463's with JP, so what could did you use them for in 5.0 other than buying mats?

But given the 458 iLvL of JP gear, and the odd fact that JP is harder to farm than VP for some reason this expac, those things were made all but worthless because they actually would bring DOWN your target iLvL of 460/470 to get into even the entry level 5.0 MSV. So now, with 5.1, of course you'd save the JP for upgrading 463's.

And if you think I am the only one that shares that 'ridiculous' opinion, then you must be new to MMO and/or the official forums.

But more importantly, it's a moot point, Blues have already stated the 486 is for PTR testing, and the actual live number will be lower. So meh.

The problem with your argument involving the 5.0 LFRs is that they got easy to hit, very fast. AH BOEs, VP items, Rep quest epics.. All of that was difficult to find the first few weeks of LFR, but is very easy to find after that.

My alt priest hit 90 on a Monday, and killed Sha in Terrace 8 days later. An inscrption BOA staff, 2 pieces of craftable gear from the AH, a darkmoon trinket.. all available very cheaply a few weeks ago, but not available the first month of MoP.

It is going to be even drastically easier when 5.2 launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    The problem with your argument involving the 5.0 LFRs is that they got easy to hit, very fast. AH BOEs, VP items, Rep quest epics.. All of that was difficult to find the first few weeks of LFR, but is very easy to find after that.

My alt priest hit 90 on a Monday, and killed Sha in Terrace 8 days later. An inscrption BOA staff, 2 pieces of craftable gear from the AH, a darkmoon trinket.. all available very cheaply a few weeks ago, but not available the first month of MoP.

It is going to be even drastically easier when 5.2 launches.
    IMHO, The BoE talioring purps are the easiest of the BoE armor pieces to get.

But I Digress, Hitting the minimum requirement to visit LFR is far from difficult. You can get a suit of 450 gear for pretty cheap if you have some gold/know someone who has the recipies. and I'm pretty damn sure that those welfare pvp blues will likely get a bump-up next season (Probably not to the degree of last seasons welfare pvp blues) making it even easier to get into LFR.

If you start with 450 in each slot (assuming 15 slots), you'll need, before upgrading ilvl, to get about 11 of those to 463 before you'll see a 460 average ilvl.
    If you start with 458 (which looking through wowhead, and seeing this: (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93499) which may or may not be a thing, you'll only need ~5 upgrades to hit a 460 average ilvl.

Coupled with Galleon showing up more often, Two new loot pinata world bosses to play with, LFR drop rates going up, LFD still granting VP, Rep gear, double rep on your alts to buy rep gear, I don't think meeting a 460/470/480 ilvl is too much to ask.

Yay farming older content because Blizzard listened to a handful of jerks on the forums who said it was to easy for me to get gear and it made them feel less accomplishment. Awesome. Why should I be happy about this? Make current lfr drop better loot, nobody cares about older content when the new shit comes out. Nobody gives a fuck about "accomplishments" either fyi Blizzard.

Deleted
    No one will run 5.0 LFR anymore anyway, unless they keep the 90 Valor reward per section for doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    So you never used them, except for when you used them? Your logic is clearly flawless!
    Not sure what level of English skills you possess but I can clarify further for you.

"Resorted to" means that I had to fall back on insults as I could no longer pursue my argument, this is incorrect.
    "Utilized" means I used them as well as my argument to drive home a point.

There is a difference between these two. Let me know if you need further instruction.

And if you think I am the only one that shares that 'ridiculous' opinion, then you must be new to MMO and/or the official forums.
    I never said you were the only one. I just said it was a ridiculous opinion, and that it was your opinion. And you can see exactly how "new" I am to MMO-Champ by the date underneath my username (although I stalked for about 2 years previous to that) and I've been on the official forums since release.

But more importantly, it's a moot point, Blues have already stated the 486 is for PTR testing, and the actual live number will be lower. So meh.
    Actually they didn't. They said it might be lower and not to take PTR as a direct indication of what the ilvl would be in game.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2013-01-09 at 04:12 AM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    double post
    2nd line
    Last edited by mywifeinventedLFR; 2013-01-09 at 04:40 AM. Reason: double post

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And if it was 490, there'd be people defending that too.

There's no way they'll keep 486. 480 is much more likely.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Posted by Taepsilum 1/01/2013 14:49

Just wanted to share some updated info we have with you guys: At this moment our intent is to change Thunder King’s LFR ilvl requirement to 480,
    My precognitive abilities are amazing.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

LFR was supposed to be a step between heroic mode dungeons and normal mode raids. Which means that the ilvl difference of 13 should have remained between heroics and normal modes and lfr should have been plugged in there at a 7 ilvl difference so that the transitions could be smoother and gear discrepencies not so large. This would also have allowed them to lower the ilvl requirements AND heroic elite gear wouldn't be a thousand times better than the best pvp weapons.

As of right now we're falling into the WotLK problem of ilvl inflation again.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yay farming older content because Blizzard listened to a handful of jerks on the forums who said it was to easy for me to get gear and it made them feel less accomplishment. Awesome. Why should I be happy about this? Make current lfr drop better loot, nobody cares about older content when the new shit comes out. Nobody gives a fuck about "accomplishments" either fyi Blizzard.
    Like how you speak for everyone awesome job!

I am glad I have you as our spokesperson for wow and what the player base wants.

They want people to play the game and stay subbed, the don't want people to sub for 1 month see content unsub come back for next patch and run the same 5 mans over and over again and get better loot than the people that stayed subbed for 5 months, not sure why that is hard to understand.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No one will run 5.0 LFR anymore anyway, unless they keep the 90 Valor reward per section for doing them.
    This is indeed a very good question, does anyone on the PTR know how much Valor the old LFR gives?

I do hope they keep it at 90, I think the new 4 might be 110 or something though (as there is only 4 not 5).
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-01-11 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Speeling!!

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    What about people leveling up alts or players that still need gear from it to get to the next lfr... y'know, how the devs intended it?

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11122917687298

So thus the current ilvl to get in LFR via TK in PTR 5.2 is 486 meaning I don't see this changing simply because of the link I posted meaning for the lets say the majority you will have lots of gear to grind.

Anyway thoughts?

Blue update - ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Just wanted to share some updated info we have with you guys: At this moment our intent is to change Thunder King’s LFR ilvl requirement to 480,

How is 486 a "lot of gear to grind" for anyone who has steped foot outside of lfr?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Like how you speak for everyone awesome job!

I am glad I have you as our spokesperson for wow and what the player base wants.

They want people to play the game and stay subbed, the don't want people to sub for 1 month see content unsub come back for next patch and run the same 5 mans over and over again and get better loot than the people that stayed subbed for 5 months, not sure why that is hard to understand.
    Why would someone that has just returned have better gear than someone who has stayed subbed for five months? The content and therefore gear would be available to both players, arguably the player who continued to sub would have a head start as they would be accumulating points that can be spent on gear whilst the returning player had been unsubbed.

I fail to see how being expected to run the same raids that have been available for almost months is somehow better than being able to run new content.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    How is 486 a "lot of gear to grind" for anyone who has steped foot outside of lfr?
    So those who have not stepped outside of LFR should be expected to grind gear outside of LFR in order to run the new LFR?
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-01-11 at 04:51 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I meant the casuals ( Not in a bad way ) Like the people who don't even REMOTELY do normals nothing of that in other words most of the majority. It's not even a problem anymore as the update right there.

There's many people out there who don't give a f about normals nor hardmodes or anything for that matter; Just experience the content and be done oh and free gear WOOOHOO and there's a lot of people like that that even includes me who only BG's now.

Understand?

Like you want to force the majority to do normals of course not that's bad business and have an outright QQ fest on their forums not at it already is and hey it did work It's back at 480
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-01-11 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    those who whine about the ilvl here is a couple of options to do:

mainly Valor/sha and lfr no upgrades = 490,5 ilvl
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...1:10:6:4:4:4:2

Mainly lfr with few valor/sha and few upgrades = 487.5

purely lfr with full upgrades = 488,7

as you can see you have plenty ways of getting the 486.

ofc if only do lfr never sha, never quest, never upgrade, then you sir need to revise how to play cause then you do not deserve getting into the 5.2 lfr

anyway it has just been confirmed the ilvl requirements is 480
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I fail to see how being expected to run the same raids that have been available for almost months is somehow better than being able to run new content.

So those who have not stepped outside of LFR should be expected to grind gear outside of LFR in order to run the new LFR?
    OK couple of things.

IMO I 100% agree with you, there should be clear progression from one LFR to the next, farm LFR got to next LFR I have no issue with that at all.

And with the iLvl for next LFR being 480 (now) there is no problem with that as not only can you get 483 gear you can also upgrade it.

What they are trying to do is bring back some form of progression while enabling people to catch up.

But what they (and something I fell very strongly about) want to avoid is the second a new patch is released all previous content is obsolete which is exactly what happened in cata.

I run the 4.1 (ZA/ZG) and 4.3 (HoT) 5 mans till I almost vomited.

I want as much content to be relevant for as long as possible.

I want my content set to grow when new patches get released not shrink which is what happened in Cata.

I am very interested to see how "attractive" they keep the 5.0 LFR, how much Valor will the give etc.

I am pretty sure I will keep doing them if the give a nice amount of Valor (not every week but I am not running them every week now) as its good Valor and for me personally good enchanting mats.

In the end when I go to earn my Valor outside of raiding I want a massive set of content to choose from not just 2 (or 3) 5 mans.

Hope that makes some sense!