Razer Sabertooth

Looking for a controller mainly for Street fighter, as I honestly can't stand Arcade Sticks. Been using a PS3 Controller on my PC for a very long time and every once and a while, the buttons stop working unless I firmly press them.

Anyone who happened to be using this controller for Arcade games? Is the D-pad any good on this one?

Thanks!
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

I use a wired Xbox controller, by far the best PC controller I've found thus far...

What do you dislike about Arcade Sticks? Imo, they're kind of like going from keyboard turning and clicking to keybinds and moving with the mouse -- it takes work, but they are infinitely better.

Wish I had more to add =/

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I use a wired Xbox controller, by far the best PC controller I've found thus far...
    Oh, I suppose there's this :P The wired xbox 360 controller is excellent.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I honestly prefer D-pad style on the PS3 controller over the Xbox's. Tried to get used to it but I really couldn't.

@ Kuku2: That's what I always hear. According to a lot of people, the Arcade Sticks tend to be superior to the controllers. I even borrowed one from a friend of mine but I just couldn't get used to it. Didn't like it at all. Shame :/
    Last edited by Static; 2013-01-09 at 02:47 AM.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I honestly prefer D-pad style on the PS3 controller over the Xbox's. Tried to get used to it but I really couldn't.
    It's entirely possible to get a PS3 controller to work and emulate an XBOX controller. MotionInJoy (just google it) worked for me, although the documentation isn't amazing.

Scratch that, apparently MotionInJoy is now packed with malware, so don't use it. But a googling should show you other places to find software that lets you do the same thing.
    Last edited by Saeviomage; 2013-01-09 at 03:49 AM.

I used to have an Onza and it was great but it also broke really fast (in a few months).

As far as I know most people that play with a controller, play with a PS3 controller. Very few with a XBOX 360, the madcatz controllers are in the middle.

Also, you can check this:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php...osting.137321/

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    @ Kuku2: That's what I always hear. According to a lot of people, the Arcade Sticks tend to be superior to the controllers. I even borrowed one from a friend of mine but I just couldn't get used to it. Didn't like it at all. Shame :/
    Arcade sticks are used more frequent and (IMO) a little easier to use once you get to learn to play them. It will take a bunch of time though (few months) but then you wont have fingercramps etc. as much any more.

However, there have been very good players that play 2D fighters with pad like Wolfkrone who was pretty much the best American SF4 player in 2011. So he beat all the other stick users with his pad. And he plays C. Viper which is a fairly high execution character which has a bunch of 1-frame links and fairly difficult motion stuff. He does play with sticks though, not the Dpad. If you really like a Dpad, then the madcatz controllers are really good because they emulate one of those old Sega pads (I think the genesis?) which has a floating Dpad in stead of 4 separate buttons.

So it is entirely possible to play with controller. Most play with a stick though because a lot of the people learned to play in arcades (and a lot still do in the east). The other upside is in my opinion that you have less strain on your hands with longer sessions. Other then that, there is no real difference. Both are fine (except for some pads that are simply not good to do quick motions with or have features that are bad like analog buttons, the 360 Dpad is known to be really bad for fighting games for instance).

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    What do you dislike about Arcade Sticks? Imo, they're kind of like going from keyboard turning and clicking to keybinds and moving with the mouse -- it takes work, but they are infinitely better.

Wish I had more to add =/
    This is simply not true, you can read more in that link I posted. Or check Wolfkrone or Vangief on youtube.
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2013-01-09 at 09:54 AM.