Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    u wot m8?

That would be fucking CRAZY overpowered. Nevermind that Shaman doesn't need more cooldowns, it needs to be redesigned to stop having such a huge proportion of its healing come from HST, HTT and Healing Rain, two of which you have no control over, the latter being necessarily (over-)powerful due to the rest of your arsenal being rather lackluster.

Yeah, guess you're right ... but hasn't resto shaman evolved to this point ? A healer with a whole bunch of raid-wide OP healing cd's?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    I'm levelling a Shaman on and off since Wrath (ironically, got to Icecrown today). But, there is one small, cosmetic minor glyph I'd like.

Glyph of Totemic Hollows
    Teaches Totemic Hollows - Ability: Summons unpowered, empty Air, Earth, Fire and Air that surrounds the Shaman. These totems have no abilities and are untargetable, and do not override any existing, non-hollow totems. Lasts 5 minutes. 10 second cooldown.

Idea is, that since we no longer have any long-standing totems that go past 1 min, this glyph allows Shaman to use their totems in Roleplay without the annoyance of having to constantly refresh. Potential use in PvE when mindcontrolled to add another spell to use that doesn't hurt the Shaman.
    This is similar. http://www.wowhead.com/item=43388

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't think EQ is hard to use, there are just some situation where it's not useful, other classes have similiar Problems (Balance Mushrooms for example).
    It's not that EQ is hard to use, it's that it's much easier for an EQ to get wasted or have its value reduced by something as simple as adds moving a smidge to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Basic idea for Elemental:
    Lava Burst becomes the big hitter for the spec again. Lava burst can only be used after building up a certain level of "attunement" to each of the fire and earth elements (which is done by casting their respective spells, think eclipse but elemental-style). A new Earth spell (nature damage) becomes our filler spell and we gain a new fire spell which acts similar to LvB, semi-hard hitting with a small CD. Flame shock ticks also contribute to fire attunement.

Fire and earth attunement are also used defensively if necessary. You can consume fire attunement to grant yourself a shield of fire, which acts like a rapid fire Thorns while also reducing magical damage. Earth can be consumed to reduce physical damage incoming. Lava beam will be primary aoe.
    Ele shamans NEED to be shooting lightning, it'd be way too much to ask for them to lose that flavor. In saying that, i like your idea of earth and fire attunement as a resource system for defensive effects, would make for an interesting tank option IMO (is mentioning shaman tanks taboo?).

Here are some things i'd like to see for the class:
    All specs:
    I'd like to see 1 of 2 things (Not both) happen to elemental shields
    1. make elemental shields more useful, give earth shield to all specs, with resto the only one able to cast on allies.
    2. get rid of the shield buffs, leave earth shield as a resto healing spell and turn lightning shield into a short duration enhance melee aoe spell (like shaman lightning shield on war3) that constantly does aoe damage while in melee(ish) range while its up

-stat scaling: i'd like to see better stat scaling for the class, with lava burst getting its overall damage affected by crit, and stormstrike increasing crit damage. this would make elemental blast less clunky, since it gives a random haste, crit or mastery buff and 2 of those stats are near useless for enhance

- Ghost Wolf: make ghost wolf a lvl 60 talent. now that it doesnt add any abilities to the shaman, it should be ok for a spec wide dps spell. enh shamans get it at level 60 anyway so it wont screw with when they get it at all. i'd recommend replacing echo of elements, its kinda boring I just feel bad that far seer wannabe shamans cant have their pets. buff 60 talents to compete

Enhance:
    -aoe revamp: make lava lash and fire nova exclusive, and share a cooldown, give fire nova the 'spread flame shock' ability, meaning that your aoe is packed into 1 convenient button. make magma totem a stronger aoe button. maybe add lightning shield(spell i mentioned before) as a replacement to stormstrike in the rotation? i just wanna see 3 big blue orbs floating around me chewing up my enemies :/ it was so meaty on war 3.

- enhance haste scaling: have rotational spell cooldowns affected by haste, it feels super lame getting haste gear, most classes it affects the rotation in a meaningful way, all it means for me is potentially more maelstrom procs.

- searing flames buff changed: I dont like my searing flames buff tied to a totem, initially i thought all the synergy between the spells was really clever, but now it annoys me. i want my searing totem to do damage, not buff me. i've heard alot of people mention attaching it to flame shock, that makes sense to me, flame shock ticks scale with haste, which would make cd haste scaling not at all clunky.

- stormstrike: stormstrike increases crit chance for nature spells, what if it increased crit 'damage' instead? it'd make crit a more valuable stat for the spec, which would make gearing options much more interesting. also i'd like to see a slight but noticeable amount of elemental damage added to the spell. like does 5%-20% nature damage (more for flavor than meaningful gameplay)

Elemental:
    -Lava burst: Make its damage scale with crit. this should make it a heavier spell to cast.

New Spec, Tanking spec:
    - We've all heard this one before. i think bliz would be a bit more open to adding new specs now that druid has 4. We've all heard this one before so i wont harp on about it

Visuals:
    -Minor Glyph of the black wolf: give ghost wolves black spirit wolf models like the war3 ones
    -Minor Glyph of totem animal: a spirit animal appears out of the top of your fire totem to spit fire at your enemies. (basically serpent totem from war 3)
    -Minor Glyph of the shadow hunter: changes your lightning bolt to an elemental throwing blade (so you can emulate the shadow hunters off of war 3

I could add a bunch more ideas but I think i've already added alot

fire totem lasts a minute and does nothing if your not attacking anyone. so it basically works exactly how he wants it

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:07 PM ----------

Lava Burst becomes the big hitter for the spec again. Lava burst can only be used after building up a certain level of "attunement" to each of the fire and earth elements (which is done by casting their respective spells, think eclipse but elemental-style). A new Earth spell (nature damage) becomes our filler spell and we gain a new fire spell which acts similar to LvB, semi-hard hitting with a small CD. Flame shock ticks also contribute to fire attunement.

Fire and earth attunement are also used defensively if necessary. You can consume fire attunement to grant yourself a shield of fire, which acts like a rapid fire Thorns while also reducing magical damage. Earth can be consumed to reduce physical damage incoming. Lava beam will be primary aoe.
    Ele shamans NEED to be shooting lightning, it'd be way too much to ask for them to lose that flavor. In saying that, i like your idea of earth and fire attunement as a resource system for defensive effects, would make for an interesting tank option IMO (is mentioning shaman tanks taboo?).

All specs:
    1. make elemental shields more useful, give earth shield to all specs, with resto the only one able to cast on allies.
    2. get rid of the shield buffs, leave earth shield as a resto healing spell and turn lightning shield into a short duration enhance melee aoe spell (like shaman lightning shield on war3) that constantly does aoe damage while in melee(ish) range while its up

-stat scaling: i'd like to see better stat scaling for the class, with lava burst getting its overall damage affected by crit, and stormstrike increasing crit damage. this would make elemental blast less clunky, since it gives a random haste, crit or mastery buff and 2 of those stats are near useless for enhance

- Ghost Wolf: make ghost wolf a lvl 60 talent. now that it doesnt add any abilities to the shaman, it should be ok for a spec wide dps spell. enh shamans get it at level 60 anyway so it wont screw with when they get it at all. i'd recommend replacing echo of elements, its kinda boring I just feel bad that far seer wannabe shamans cant have their pets. buff 60 talents to compete

Enhance:
    -aoe revamp: make lava lash and fire nova exclusive, and share a cooldown, give fire nova the 'spread flame shock' ability, meaning that your aoe is packed into 1 convenient button. make magma totem a stronger aoe button. maybe add lightning shield(spell i mentioned before) as a replacement to stormstrike in the rotation? i just wanna see 3 big blue orbs floating around me chewing up my enemies :/ it was so meaty on war 3.

- enhance haste scaling: have rotational spell cooldowns affected by haste, it feels super lame getting haste gear, most classes it affects the rotation in a meaningful way, all it means for me is potentially more maelstrom procs.

- searing flames buff changed: I dont like my searing flames buff tied to a totem, initially i thought all the synergy between the spells was really clever, but now it annoys me. i want my searing totem to do damage, not buff me. i've heard alot of people mention attaching it to flame shock, that makes sense to me, flame shock ticks scale with haste, which would make cd haste scaling not at all clunky.

- stormstrike: stormstrike increases crit chance for nature spells, what if it increased crit 'damage' instead? it'd make crit a more valuable stat for the spec, which would make gearing options much more interesting. also i'd like to see a slight but noticeable amount of elemental damage added to the spell. like does 5%-20% nature damage (more for flavor than meaningful gameplay)

Elemental:
    -Lava burst: Make its damage scale with crit. this should make it a heavier spell to cast.

New Spec, Tanking spec:
    - We've all heard this one before. i think bliz would be a bit more open to adding new specs now that druid has 4. We've all heard this one before so i wont harp on about it

Visuals:
    -Minor Glyph of the black wolf: give ghost wolves black spirit wolf models like the war3 ones
    -Minor Glyph of totem animal: a spirit animal appears out of the top of your fire totem to spit fire at your enemies. (basically serpent totem from war 3)
    -Minor Glyph of the shadow hunter: changes your lightning bolt to an elemental throwing blade (so you can emulate the shadow hunters off of war 3

All specs:

Enhance:

Elemental:

New Spec, Tanking spec:

Visuals:

Deleted
    throw rocks on me, i want to see shaman tank... elemental tank would be very interesting..
    i know tank should have hit dmg so there are no spaces between dmg when he is casting and may loose agro during cast, but perma earth elemental gaining agro during this times?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciqa View Post
    throw rocks on me, i want to see shaman tank... elemental tank would be very interesting..
    i know tank should have hit dmg so there are no spaces between dmg when he is casting and may loose agro during cast, but perma earth elemental gaining agro during this times?

why not ? ;-) would be fun ! And complete our whole class... (healer/tank/melee/range)

But, not if they gonna neglect the problems we still face with our current specs...

Wich tanking mechanic you had in mind? I know there are many idea's out there, how the shaman tank should be designed...

hellfiresque heal, you channel the heal while running and it heals people with in a radius of you, something named like rain cloud or something it puts a cloud above you and rains down wherever you move, oh and add a minor runspeed increase. OH and i want to look ascended as much as possible via minor glyph or something

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    Wich tanking mechanic you had in mind? I know there are many idea's out there, how the shaman tank should be designed...
    This seems like a good start for a fourth spec: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-earth-warden/

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    This seems like a good start for a fourth spec: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-earth-warden/

yeah ... blizz should give this justicer a job ;-) There so many good idea's in that one post!

While i really like the idea of a tanking spec for shamans, it's gonna be hard not to end up with an enhancement shaman on steriods. There should be a very very big distinction between a melee enhancement shaman and a tanking shaman!

If blizz would decide to simple copy/paste the current enhancement rotation with some extra totems, that would provide damage mitigation cd's ... it's gonna be mehh... It should be much more then that!
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-01-16 at 07:11 PM.

Deleted
    what about a pet for every spec?

Don't think blizz ever gonna make our elementals permanent, or give us a pet ...

While we could use a boost in our single target sustained dps department, we just can't copy paste all good things from other classes ... ;-)

Deleted
    well... mage have their own elemental water for frost spec.
    i think that we are more in comunion with elements then mage so why we can't have a fire elemental pet? :P (talking as shaman elemental)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    Some idea's i would like to see in the next expansion ;-)

elemental: a spell that let's you spread all your shock-spells (flame/frost shock) on all targets in a 8 yard radius from those targets that are allready affected... (1min cd)

restoration: a spell that let's you spread riptide on all raidmembers in a 30 yard radius from the initial buffed player (1 min cd)

enhancement: passive - instead your lava lash spreading lava shock on maximum 4 surrounding targets; it now spreads on 8 targets (this would boost enh dps considerately)

I like the idea of spreading flame shock just like mages can spread their fire dots and destro locks can spread immolate. Spreading riptide like that would have to have a limit I think or else people would whine that it was OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I like the idea of spreading flame shock just like mages can spread their fire dots and destro locks can spread immolate. Spreading riptide like that would have to have a limit I think or else people would whine that it was OP.
    How about reworking Chain Heal to instead of getting a boost from Riptide it actually spreads Riptide to the jump targets, if the initial target has Riptide on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    How about reworking Chain Heal to instead of getting a boost from Riptide it actually spreads Riptide to the jump targets, if the initial target has Riptide on them.
    I'd be down with this. It would allow us to semi blanket riptide, which would help catch back up on heals a little. Perhaps they can go a step further, and in addition to making CH spread riptide, it also extends the duration of any riptide by 3-5 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    I'd be down with this. It would allow us to semi blanket riptide, which would help catch back up on heals a little. Perhaps they can go a step further, and in addition to making CH spread riptide, it also extends the duration of any riptide by 3-5 seconds.
    I think a glyph option would be nice for that, but put a 4 sec cd on it. In the terms of duration for Riptide I would like to see HST do it, if HST heals a target with RT the duration if reset.

Also I would love to have CH affected by Tidal Waves instead of applying it.

I was thinking about Capacitor Totem. What do you guys think of it being a targeted spell? So your are attacking someone and you use CT it is summoned next to the target and stuns them. Why should Shaman have to summon their totems next to them? Why not let Shamans summon utility totems near a target?

Deleted
    A glyph that changes earthquake into small volcano, changing it to fire damage and applies a dot to all targets on the area. Knockdown effect removed if glyphed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prem ghost wolves glyphs (damage reduced by 60% but yhey now act as pets/minions)

Ghost wolf off the GCD

Waterwalking - works like path of frost (does not dismount you when casted)

Another strike for Enhance, something to use when evrything is on CD.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"