Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    idd you are right but they cost burning embers which make them not really spamable in oposite to LvB
    They can spam 3 in a row with their aura mastery

Deleted
    I'd probably give the dps specs an small (or big depending on how you look at it) overhaul to finally separate the two specs from one another in terms of abilities. I'd remove LB, CL and fulm from Elemental and LL, FS, FN and searing from Enhancement then build from there, giving Elemental a larger focus on fire spells and Enhancement a larger focus on Air/wind/lightning spells. I'd also remove Unleash Elements and Ascendance.

Basic idea for Elemental:
    Lava Burst becomes the big hitter for the spec again. Lava burst can only be used after building up a certain level of "attunement" to each of the fire and earth elements (which is done by casting their respective spells, think eclipse but elemental-style). A new Earth spell (nature damage) becomes our filler spell and we gain a new fire spell which acts similar to LvB, semi-hard hitting with a small CD. Flame shock ticks also contribute to fire attunement.

Fire and earth attunement are also used defensively if necessary. You can consume fire attunement to grant yourself a shield of fire, which acts like a rapid fire Thorns while also reducing magical damage. Earth can be consumed to reduce physical damage incoming. Lava beam will be primary aoe.

Enhancement:

The spec works similar to how it does now. In place of FS spread and fire nova for aoe, you drop a new totem (to be named). While this totem is up, all nature damage you do "powers up" the totem. When the totem is full, it bursts a chain lightning at the shamans current target. They would have a similar totem for LB, which would be used in single target.

As I said, very basic and early ideas but I personally feel, after playing a shaman since TBC, that the dps specs need an overhaul (and by the gods Ascendance needs removed). I haven't given much thought to restoration because honestly, I have never raided as resto seriously and probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Three Words: Big Bad Voodoo

An Oldy but a goody from WC3 and used by Vol'jin in the Dagger in the Dark Scenario

Personally I would Name it "Big Bad Voodoo" for Horde Shamans and something like "Ancestral Bulwark" for Alliance like what they did for Bllodlust/Heroism
    So... it'd be like a raid-wide Bubble but it wouldn't affect the caster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I just had a crazy idea, so bear with me.

A Half reworking of shaman as a class. Keep Resto as is, with water and some earth, but what if the Changed ele to fire, air, and a lil earth,

And the Enhance, could maybe, be renamed Primal, and instead of Elements, would be focused on spirits and ghost animals.

I dont have any idea for spells or rotations, its just Ele and Enh have always seemed similar to me. And this would be a change that would really separate the two specs.

also maybe come up with a 5th type of totem, Spirit totems, and just give enhance their own set of totems, with special rules, like you can have two spirit totems down but no duplicates. or something

Idk, like I said this is just a spur of the moment crazy idea. but whaddya think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads like this always make me inordinately happy that the players have no actual say in how classes are designed. >.>

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Threads like this always make me inordinately happy that the players have no actual say in how classes are designed. >.>
    i hate pp like you

Deleted
    I have a few ideas, not about new spells or mechanics, rather updates of existing ones, especially talents. I find many of them quite boring to say the least.
    - Make Unleashed Fury interact not only with spells, but also with totems. Upon using the spell you get to use the buff on either spell or totems. Usable spells and totems are highlighted (same way as Affliction warlocks when they use Soulburn). Maybe make the cooldown longer for balance’s sake, like 30 sec or 45 sec.
    For example: Stone Bulwark totem effect is now applied on every group member
    Searing totem damages every unit in sight (except cc), and could be use in aoe situations
    Healing stream totem applies a HoT in addition to its original effects
    Grounding totem now reflect a spell back to the caster, similar to warrior spell reflection
    Capacitor totem no longer has a cast time
    - Primal elementalist: I was excited by this talent at first, but in the end it’s just a flat 10% increase, kind of boring. I specifically dislike the fact that it has to be channeled on you. I mean, we get awesome looking new elemental and they can’t fight for us? My suggestion: make the 10% buff an aura. And give us a water elemental !
    - Elemental blast: I would put in on a longer cooldown (30 sec) and make the buff last longer (15sec), as an 8-sec duration buff hardly makes a notable difference to me, especially when you have to move just after the cast.
    Also, make it heal when cast on a friendly unit, maybe tweak the numbers a little so to not make it OP, like Penance. Restau shaman could use the buff and would have another spell to their toolkit.

Make Healing tide totem baseline for restau shaman (I think we all use it anyways), while really strong, it is also really boring compared to the other two talent in the tiers that introduce new fun ways of healing.

Deleted
    Well i would love some changes too ofc.

If i could change 2 of our Masteries. (yes i know shamans have nice masteries, but not as fun as they wanted tbh)
    Elemental
    Has a xx% chance to summon a Elemental(type depending on the source spell, earth/wind/fire or even water from a heal) which helps you for x amount secs. Increased by x% from xxx mastery. (This is something like the Imps from a lock that spawn from the DoT's)
    Enhancement
    Has a xx% chance to summon a Totem at the casters feet to empower certain attacks or heals. (A bit similar as Ele but this is an Empowering Totem like Stormlash(which it could be for a stormstrike). This should be limited to 1 totem per school and 4 in total.

This way their precious totems play a more active role in our dps. We could change a lot of spells for QoL improvements.

Deleted
    I have a few ideas, not about new spells or mechanics, rather updates of existing ones, especially talents. I find many of them quite boring to say the least.
    - Make Unleashed Fury interact not only with spells, but also with totems. Upon using the spell you get to use the buff on either spell or totems. Usable spells and totems are highlighted (same way as Affliction warlocks when they use Soulburn). Maybe make the cooldown longer for balance’s sake, like 30 sec or 45 sec.
    For example: Stone Bulwark totem effect is now applied on every group member
    Searing totem damages every unit in sight (except cc), and could be use in aoe situations
    Healing stream totem applies a HoT in addition to its original effects
    Grounding totem now reflect a spell back to the caster, similar to warrior spell reflection
    Capacitor totem no longer has a cast time
    - Primal elementalist: I was excited by this talent at first, but in the end it’s just a flat 10% increase, kind of boring. I specifically dislike the fact that it has to be channeled on you. I mean, we get awesome looking new elemental and they can’t fight for us? My suggestion: make the 10% buff an aura. And give us a water elemental !
    - Elemental blast: I would put in on a longer cooldown (30 sec) and make the buff last longer (15sec), as an 8-sec duration buff hardly makes a notable difference to me, especially when you have to move just after the cast.
    Also, make it heal when cast on a friendly unit, maybe tweak the numbers a little so to not make it OP, like Penance. Restau shaman could use the buff and would have another spell to their toolkit.

Make Healing tide totem baseline for restau shaman (I think we all use it anyways), while really strong, it is also really boring compared to the other two talent in the tiers that introduce new fun ways of healing.

A glyph to turn the enhancement ascendance model into a huge dire wolf sort of thing. Fuck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    What I would like to see would be: Ride the lightning - shaman summons a lighting bolt to take them to targeted location, upon arriving do X damage and knockback everything within 8 yards.
    Someone's been playing GW2!

Seriously though, after playing that game for a couple months, then fooling around with Roll on a Monk for a while, I am very much missing a Dodge/Roll mechanic back on my Shaman. RtL even without damage would be boss.

And I'd also like a fourth spec for Shaman tanking please I'M SORRY FOR BRINGING IT UP

Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post
    A glyph to turn the enhancement ascendance model into a huge dire wolf sort of thing. Fuck yeah.
    Or a minor glyph that removes the animation altogether. In BGs it's like a fucking arrow over your head point down, flashing and beeping away alerting everyone you've just popped your nuke CD. In arena good players will see the debuff so it won't matter there just be nice to be a bit more discrete in BGs

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also like to a see a more spec defined focus. I really hate the fact that ELemental is fire-based, but has to shoot out lightning. Meanwhile, Enhance is the "wind" Shaman, but is dependent on Flametongue, Lava Lash, Searing Totem, and Fire Nova.

I'd prefer both DPS specs to have a more cohesive design overall. Restoration is a great model for what that cohesive design looks like, because 90% of their abilities are water-based.

I'd also like to see Elemental Shamans use more elementals within their abilities. Passively summoning elementals to fight for them is an interesting idea, as is possibly having a fire elemental as a pet of sorts. Give Elementals Lava Shield, and allow it to work off of Flame Shock, Searing Totem, Magma Totem, Fire Elemental, and/or Lava Burst. Maybe even consider giving Elemental Shaman Lava Beam as a replacement for Chain Lightning (if we're removing Ascendance).

For Enhance, I'd like a removal of everything associated with searing totem and Lava Lash. Make the offhand imbue of choice go back to Windfury, and structure the entire spec around wind/lightning abilities. That includes LB, Chain Lightning, Wind Shear, Static Shock, MW, Lightning Shield, etc. Perhaps even give the spec a Wind Elemental.

Personally, give Elemental a greater variety of Spells.

They are supposed to be the Master of the Elements, not just Lightning with some fire.

Using all 4 Elemental Schools would be great.

My idea:

Elemental has 2 spells, a basic Filler Spell (Lb style) and a stronger Nuke Spell (Lvb style).

These 2 Spells depend on which "Elemental Empowerment" is active, there are 4 Empowerments: Fire,Earth,Air and Frost

The basic Spell outside of any Empowerment is called Elemental Bolt and will transform into Flame / Earth / Lightning / Ice - Bolt depending on the empowerment, the Nuke Spell will deal pretty much only Damage as it currently does with the usual procs.
    (Earth Bolt will deal Physical which is not reduced by armor, similiar to EQ)

The Nuke spell will be called Elemental Blast (I know it's already taken but i couldn't figure out any other name quickly) and transform into : Lava Burst; Frost / Thunder - Blast and Earth Spike

Nuke Spells will have an additional effect:

Lava Burst -> auto crit (like now)
    Frost Blast -> Increased Damage below 35%
    Thunder Blast -> Increases Nature damage taken
    Earth Bolt -> Causes a Bleed effect

Having Flame Shock applied is a requirement for the additional effect.

Shocks in general will pretty much work as they do now, filler generates LS Charges and ES discharges them, however excessive charges will be discharged early for 50% of their original damage.

Frost Shock will now be untied from the Shock CD will have a 15sec CD however.

These Empowerments will work similiar to Druids Balance Eclipse, any school spell has a Chance to trigger "Elemental Swap" which allows to swap your Empowerment, the order of empowerment is dictated (Fire->Frost->Earth->Air->Fire->...).

The Elemental Swap however has to be used by the Shaman, if he wants to stay in a Empowerment, he can but the Swap will trigger a %dmg Buff a certain Timeframe.

I *think* the Elemental Empowerment mechanic is similiar to Eclipse, but is different however because they are triggered randomnly and you are not forced to swap.

Ascendance would allow to spam the Nuke Spell, the Bleed from Earth can stack like Ignite and such.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-01-11 at 06:21 PM.

Having started an Enhancement shaman recently, it's one of the most fun things i've played in years. The only change i'd make is for less of their skills to be counted as spells; silence fucks them up royally which both sucks and is unusual for what is in essence, the game's 'melee caster'.

Other than that, thoroughly glad that playerbase doesn't get much of a say in Shaman class design right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post

Other than that, thoroughly glad that playerbase doesn't get much of a say in Shaman class design right now.
    Enhancement is a fun spec to play. The problem is that a lot of us have been playing this spec for years and it hasn't changed much in almost 3 expansions. Its starting to show its age.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I would also like to a see a more spec defined focus. I really hate the fact that ELemental is fire-based, but has to shoot out lightning. Meanwhile, Enhance is the "wind" Shaman, but is dependent on Flametongue, Lava Lash, Searing Totem, and Fire Nova.

I'd prefer both DPS specs to have a more cohesive design overall. Restoration is a great model for what that cohesive design looks like, because 90% of their abilities are water-based.

I'd also like to see Elemental Shamans use more elementals within their abilities. Passively summoning elementals to fight for them is an interesting idea, as is possibly having a fire elemental as a pet of sorts. Give Elementals Lava Shield, and allow it to work off of Flame Shock, Searing Totem, Magma Totem, Fire Elemental, and/or Lava Burst. Maybe even consider giving Elemental Shaman Lava Beam as a replacement for Chain Lightning (if we're removing Ascendance).

For Enhance, I'd like a removal of everything associated with searing totem and Lava Lash. Make the offhand imbue of choice go back to Windfury, and structure the entire spec around wind/lightning abilities. That includes LB, Chain Lightning, Wind Shear, Static Shock, MW, Lightning Shield, etc. Perhaps even give the spec a Wind Elemental.
    I love pretty much everything in this post.

An air elemental with blades kind of like a whirling dervish would be perfect...or steal that Cloud Prince mob from Vortex Pinacle and have it create a bunch of little adds the cause damage (see I just saved them some animation work)

The Fire Shield idea i Love, and I would hope it rotates more like a atom than the current shield animations....and I want my Lightning Shield to make me more "electric" looking.

And if we are totally reworking the class...let Enhancement use a fast OH...maybe have that build up static charges like the LB/Fulmination does now or MW is from OH Windfury hits.

This gives fast agility weapons a second "need" class (I hate all items that only have the one need class)

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post

That's what you think...

People wanted more mobility -----> Spiritwalker's Grace, Glyph of Unleashed Lightning
    People wanted more aoe-output ----> Earthquake, chain lightning cd removed
    People wanted more burst -----> Ascendance
    People wanted a change in our totem mechanic ----> mop totems reworked
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-01-11 at 08:13 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    A mechanic like that would be PvP nightmare as resto. Resto has been a PvP power house historically and many of the changes done to the class lately have been to address some PvP issues with the spec.

It term of "shocks" I think we got that covered.
    Fire - Flame Shock
    Earth - Earth Shock
    Ice - Frost Shock
    Air - Wind Shear
    Water - Riptide

I wouldn´t minde a heal/dmg spell for resto (which could be riptide btw) but I don´t see it happening.
    Ya, pvp makes adding to resto's arsenal such a pain in the ass. I just kind of want to see resto get an absorb of some sort, but upon further thinking, I would rather them redesign the resto mastery into something that isn't so fickle.

Ffs they must already ad bus shock - slams a bus in enemy