Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post

People wanted more mobility -----> Spiritwalker's Grace, Glyph of Unleashed Lightning
    Unleashed Lightning Glyph was implemented because they realized that SWG won't work in PvE as a solution to this problem.

People wanted more aoe-output ----> Earthquake, chain lightning cd removed
    EQ is pretty lame spell, merely the Spell itself scales with haste and the duration is shortened.

EQ does the same damage with 0 Haste as with 10000 Haste, aside from the reduction of the 2sec cast.

People wanted a change in our totem mechanic ----> mop totems reworked
    "reworked"

Buff totems removed, few new utility totems added.

That's all, i don't call this a real rework.

But in terms of Elemental, Blizzard has a nasty habit of implementing important mechanics with patches instead of expansions.

Personally i would like to see a re work of Elemental because this tree is pretty much standing on the foundation of Wotlk, which is not the best ground in terms of Elemental dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    EQ is pretty lame spell, merely the Spell itself scales with haste and the duration is shortened.

EQ does the same damage with 0 Haste as with 10000 Haste, aside from the reduction of the 2sec cast.
    Ya, I honestly don't know how they justify EQ still being in the game. I only ever cast it pre-pull, after which I just spam CL. Maybe they can make some mechanic where it consumes LS charges to do more damage and increase the knockdown chance?

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Ya, I honestly don't know how they justify EQ still being in the game. I only ever cast it pre-pull, after which I just spam CL. Maybe they can make some mechanic where it consumes LS charges to do more damage and increase the knockdown chance?
    That Haste actually increases the amount of ticks instead of reducing it's total duration would already help a lot.

That Haste actually increases the amount of ticks instead of reducing it's total duration would already help a lot.
    It would help, but I don't know if that would be enough to make it really worth it. You would then have EQ break points that nobody would really care about, and just casually reach as they gear up. Ya, it would be better than it currently is, but with our current haste levels you'd get maybe what, 1 more tick if you are in mostly normal gear, and 2 if you're in heroic gear, maybe 3. It sounds great, but still, w/o well over 5 targets, it's still very underwhelming. With an average of 4.5k dmg a tick (non-crit), on 5 targets, it only results in about 67k more damage over the spell. For the amount of haste you need, and that fact that it's an aoe spell on 5 targets, that's just kind of meh.

They would have to make haste increase the total ticks and jack the damage way up. But if they then decided to go forward with the whole removing dmg reduction per jump on CL, they'd have to either jack the dmg up even more, or give it some sort of mechanic to allow it to compete.

Personally, I think a LS mechanic would be great, cause as of now, in a heavy AoE situation such a wind lord (non-heroic), you don't really stop casting CL to dump your charges. This would give us a reason to use those charges in heavy AoE situations. Just my 2 cents.

It sounds great, but still, w/o well over 5 targets, it's still very underwhelming. With an average of 4.5k dmg a tick (non-crit), on 5 targets, it only results in about 67k more damage over the spell.
    EQ and Cl are pretty even at 5 targets, 6 or more and EQ is superior.

Personally, I think a LS mechanic would be great, cause as of now, in a heavy AoE situation such a wind lord (non-heroic), you don't really stop casting CL to dump your charges. This would give us a reason to use those charges in heavy AoE situations. Just my 2 cents.
    Personally i'd say that LS mechanics needs a slight re work anyway, during heavy Haste / Mastery Situations you produce too many excessive LS Charges in general, especially if you need to switch targets in are forced to re apply FS early.

-I like the tier15 2p solution. It gonna boost our aoe-damage a bit. But i really hope blizz gonna address our 'Shocks' gameplay in the next expansion. There're are several ways to do it. But i think being able to spread dot's between near targets is the way forwards.

Elemental:

-Let our shocks not only hit the focused target, but also 3 nearby additional targets. (8yards)
    -OR Let us spread our shocks with a instant spell (10sec). Each time we use this spell, our flame shock is spread on 3 nearby targets. (8yards)
    -OR Give our chain lighning a chance to spread our flame shock dot on 3 unaffected targets in a 10 yard range.

Enhancement:
    -Let us spread our shocks by using the fire nova spell. Each time we use fire nova, there's a 25% chance each flame-shock dot will be duplicated on a onaffected target. (range 8yards)

Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post
    A glyph to turn the enhancement ascendance model into a huge dire wolf sort of thing. Fuck yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Or a minor glyph that removes the animation altogether. In BGs it's like a fucking arrow over your head point down, flashing and beeping away alerting everyone you've just popped your nuke CD. In arena good players will see the debuff so it won't matter there just be nice to be a bit more discrete in BGs
    Yeah fair enough i don't arena but i can see how that would be a hassle. If they did that though they would have to remove a lot of classes animations for their big cool downs.

At least if you were a huge dire wolf you'd look awesome while being a beacon. ^_-

EQ and Cl are pretty even at 5 targets, 6 or more and EQ is superior.
    Perhaps in theory, but in my experience, even with 6 available targets, it's just not worth casting EQ. Perhaps that's cause I take EoE instead of EM, not sure.

Even so, given how easy CL is to use, compared to EQ where targets can get out of the area within the duration, you can misclick and drop it in a spot missing some targets, and other sorts of hiccups that can happen. CL you just hit the same button, having to change targets if yours is about to die, and that's about it.

Then if they do remove, or even reduce, the jump penalty on CL, I would see even less value in EQ, unless there was a significant amount of enemies over 5, like 8 or 9, that would be stationary and alive long enough for the full EQ. That is something that doesn't happen very often in raids.

P.S. I really don't like EQ

-OR Give our chain lighning a chance to spread our flame shock dot on 3 unaffected targets in a 10 yard range.
    Spread FS during AoE is not very compelling, Fs is not doing much damage and you won't use Lvb anyway.

I would prefer to do Cleave Dps through Cl and not just Procs, that's just Sp / Moonkin Style.

It is far more compelling to put that mass of wasted LS Charges to use during Cleave / AoE instead of spreading FS.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 01:20 PM ----------

Perhaps in theory, but in my experience, even with 6 available targets, it's just not worth casting EQ. Perhaps that's cause I take EoE instead of EM, not sure.
    It is a factor, but not a seriously huge one, 6% remain 6%.

Even so, given how easy CL is to use, compared to EQ where targets can get out of the area within the duration, you can misclick and drop it in a spot missing some targets, and other sorts of hiccups that can happen. CL you just hit the same button, having to change targets if yours is about to die, and that's about it.
    I don't think EQ is hard to use, there are just some situation where it's not useful, other classes have similiar Problems (Balance Mushrooms for example).

Then if they do remove, or even reduce, the jump penalty on CL, I would see even less value in EQ, unless there was a significant amount of enemies over 5, like 8 or 9, that would be stationary and alive long enough for the full EQ. That is something that doesn't happen very often in raids.

P.S. I really don't like EQ
    The information about CL Change was very cryptic, mostly because we know nothing about how it will change this spell except that Cl will deal the same damage to all targets, anything else is unknown to us.

Would be interested to see if they could link in EQ with fulmination, ie to make it an instant cast etc when fulmination procs. Maybe EQ damage would need lowering but if it was free I could see it getting a lot more use AND to give elemental a bit more help in PvP.

It does kinda work too with it being earthshock - earthquake etc

This would also help the problem of shocks in pvp, ie forgoing earthshock in favor of EQ freeing up a shock cd.
    Last edited by Kesandri; 2013-01-13 at 12:43 PM.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Execute Phase:
    Elemental -
    When dealing damage to targets below 30% hp your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning spells have a 100% chance to generate Lightning Shield charges.
    AND/OR
    When dealing damage to targets below 30% your Shock spells cooldown is instantly reset when your Earth Shock consumes 5 or more charges of Lightning Shield.
    Enhancement -
    When dealing damage with Flame Shock, Fire Elemental Totem, Searing Totem and Lava Lash to targets below 30% hp your Lava Lash's cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds.
    AND/OR
    When dealing damage with Earth Shock, Lightning Shield, Lightning Bolt and Storm Strike to targets below 30% hp your Storm Strike's cooldown is reduced by 1 second.

New Spells:
    Big Bad Voodoo -
    Shields all allies around the Shaman, reducing their damage taken by 60% and increasing the damage taken by the caster by 60%. The Shaman must channel to maintain this effect. Lasts 6 seconds.

It would be impossible for them to give it the 100% damage immunity it had in WC3, that'd be too OP. Replaces Spirit Link as a Resto only cooldown.

Greater Water Elemental Totem -
    Summons a Water Elemental that heals and shields allies around it for 1 minute. Other basic totem fluff etc etc.

Casts Riptides that can be used by the shaman to bounce chain heals off of. Also has a weak pulsing Healing Stream effect that heals 2-3 targets every few seconds.

Greater Air Elemental Totem -
    Summons a Air Elemental that controls and disrupts enemies around it for 1 minute. Other basic totem fluff etc etc.

Casts Wind Shears, Cyclones, Typhoons and Grounding (like a grounding totem to redirect spells to itself, only 1 charge every 8 seconds or so).

Updated Effects and Quality of Life Changes:
    Earthquake - Remove Spec requirements.
    Spirit Link Totem - Remove Spec requirements.
    Elemental Surge - Whenever your Chain Lightning hits all 5 targets it triggers an Elemental Surge. Each charge of Elemental Surge reduces the cast time of your next Earthquake spell by 33/66/100%. (remove glyph and make it hit 5 targets by default)
    Elemental Weaving - Whenever you cast a spell of the Earth, Air, Fire or Water element your Elemental Bolt spell(replaces Lightning Bolt) will morph into the corresponding elemental spell until you cast another spell to morph it again.

Flame Shock, Fire Nova, Lava Lash and Unleash Flametongue morph Elemental Bolt into Lava Bolt
    Earth Shock, Earthquake, Earth Shield, Unleash Rockbiter and Unleash Earthliving morph Elemental Bolt into Earth Spike
    Frost Shock, Unleash Frostbrand and all other healing spells morph Elemental Bolt into Aqua Surge
    Wind Shear, Thunderstorm, Lightning Shield, Stormlash and Unleash Windfury morph Elemental Bolt into Lightning Strike

Lava Burst - Gains % damage increase based on your spell crit chance.
    Last edited by Qprah; 2013-01-13 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesandri View Post
    Would be interested to see if they could link in EQ with fulmination, ie to make it an instant cast etc when fulmination procs. Maybe EQ damage would need lowering but if it was free I could see it getting a lot more use AND to give elemental a bit more help in PvP.

It does kinda work too with it being earthshock - earthquake etc

This would also help the problem of shocks in pvp, ie forgoing earthshock in favor of EQ freeing up a shock cd.

Chain lightning combined with a new fulmination mechanic ... that gives instant EQ's ... interesting ;-)

I'm a big fan of the fulmination (earthshock) and lava surge (lvb) mechanics ... maybe blizz could extend these mechanics to our elemental blast/unleashed fury spells? Or would that be to much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got ideas for new talents? In the next expansion we'll probably see a new talent tier at 95.

Here are some of mine;

Spiritual Shield: (cooldown)
    Allows you to absorb a harmful magic spell. When you absorb a spell, it heals you for a percentage of the potential damage, and increases your spell power or attack power by X%.

Ancestral Wolf:
    Reduces your damage by 20% while in Ghost Wolf form, and your Ghost Wolf form breaks roots and snares when activated.

Elemental Guardian:
    While any of your totems are active, you have a chance to summon an elemental to fight for you for 12 seconds. The elemental will persist if the totem is destroyed or expires.

Elemental Bombardment:
    Allows you to use your Earth Shock, Flame Shock, or Frost Shock twice before initiating its cooldown. However, the shared cooldown is still activated after initiating the shock.

Mirror Totem:
    Places an air totem at your feet for 10 seconds. While the totem is active, all your healing or damaging spells become AoE spells (8 yds around the shaman/ 8 yds around the target).
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-01-13 at 02:28 PM.

celestial form:

minor talent that let's us transform into a celestial form (like in elegon fight - not useable inside raids)

Disguise:

let's you use ascendance without shapeshifting ... but reduces ascendance to 10 seconds

From elemental spec view, i want anything that could buff our single target damage! perhaps by simply raise the chance for EotE to be procced to be the same as enhance spec (30% isnt it)? or make our mastery to do 100% damage as well. Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst damage is a joke tbh. Both on pvp and pve.

Quote Originally Posted by orange-cow View Post
    From elemental spec view, i want anything that could buff our single target damage! perhaps by simply raise the chance for EotE to be procced to be the same as enhance spec (30% isnt it)? or make our mastery to do 100% damage as well. Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst damage is a joke tbh. Both on pvp and pve.

increasing the searing totem damage-output would help?

I'd like to see them make elemental blast an elemental baseline ability and replace the talent with something a healer might actually want.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Aidance of the Ancestors:
    Instant 15 second cooldown
    Filled with the power of his ancestors, the shaman gets tossed towards his designated location, paralyzing enemies within 8 yards of the impact, disorienting them for 3 seconds.

Essentially like a warriors' jump, serving as both a gap creater for ele and a gap closer for enh
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    I'm levelling a Shaman on and off since Wrath (ironically, got to Icecrown today). But, there is one small, cosmetic minor glyph I'd like.

Glyph of Totemic Hollows
    Teaches Totemic Hollows - Ability: Summons unpowered, empty Air, Earth, Fire and Air that surrounds the Shaman. These totems have no abilities and are untargetable, and do not override any existing, non-hollow totems. Lasts 5 minutes. 10 second cooldown.

Idea is, that since we no longer have any long-standing totems that go past 1 min, this glyph allows Shaman to use their totems in Roleplay without the annoyance of having to constantly refresh. Potential use in PvE when mindcontrolled to add another spell to use that doesn't hurt the Shaman.

restoration: a spell that let's you spread riptide on all raidmembers in a 30 yard radius from the initial buffed player (1 min cd)
    u wot m8?

That would be fucking CRAZY overpowered. Riptide has a very long duration. Essentially, your cooldown would cause most of the raid to have Riptide rolling on them for a third of every fight. Nevermind that Shaman doesn't need more cooldowns, it needs to be redesigned to stop having such a huge proportion of its healing come from HST, HTT and Healing Rain, two of which you have no control over, the latter being necessarily (over-)powerful due to the rest of your arsenal being rather lackluster.

The Ripple idea mentioned below is interesting, though, and I think it'd be decent to do something like it. Perhaps give Shaman a Swiftmend-esque mechanic on a short-ish cooldown, essentially allowing them to splash healing from anyone who has Riptide rolling on them to any friendly target within x (10?) yards. Only a one-time heal (Chance for Earthliving procs), not the HoT itself. This would give some on-demand burst, it's not fire and forget in the same way that Healing Rain is, and it takes a little bit of thought and/or preplanning from the Shaman.

If the Ripple CD was short (And the spell cost the same as a CH. Not insane considering the CD, not so cheap that you'd want to spam it when there's not really a lot to be healed), say 10-20 seconds, and perhaps could be reduced by 5-10 seconds for each CH cast, you could then effectively raid heal with your own spells rather than fire-and-forget. Ripple - CH - CH could then become your AoE rotation, rather than Healing Rain - Lightning Bolt.

Not perfect, I know, but for me, playing my Shaman was incredibly boring, knowing how little impact I had on my healing as a player. This would go some of the way towards shifting the Resto Shaman away from HST, HTT and HR.

Come to think of it, while we're dreaming of next expansion, I'd also like it if our mastery was changed from Deep Healing to having to do with Ancestral Spirit. Mastery = increased chance (And perhaps strength) of getting an ancestral healing proc. If the power of the proc was based on your spellpower, stats and mastery rather than whatever spell you cast, you could allow all spells to have a chance of benefiting from this mastery, just like they do now with Deep Healing. Perhaps casting Ripple could increase the chance of Mastery procs for 5-6 seconds, or maybe turn the procs into Ripple-like splashes centered on you for 5-6 seconds.

If Chain Heal could be changed and given an extra jump or two, perhaps increasing the standard maximum jump distance by 50-100% and reducing the mana cost slightly or increasing the Resurgence proc to make using it for AoE healing more viable, that'd also help with moving AoE healing away from Healing Rain and onto active spells. Healing Rain is a spell I despise, but use, due to its power. I'd even be fine if CH's healing was lowered slightly, but dropped off less. As it is now, it's a lackluster spell because it heals only a few people who have to be clustered relatively close, and it's rather expensive. This basically means it's rarely used, unless you hate having a lot of mana or really really need AoE healing, so much so that Healing Rain isn't enough.

Ascendance and HTT are cooldowns I am fine with preserving. HTT is essentially our version of Tranquility, and Ascendance is sort of like a mini-Tranq. I don't think it's crazy to have two Tranq effects on one healer when said healer has no tank cooldowns. I believe HST should be removed, and instead baked into my proposed new mastery. I also believe Healing Rain should be removed, to be replaced with the proposed Ripple spell and, if necessary, increased power of our other spells to compensate for losing Healing Rain and Deep Healing.

If all of this happened, I would go back to healing on my Shaman. As it is now, it's simply not fun to heal as a Shaman, for me. I found the TBC days of endlessly spamming CH more fun than this, damnit.
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2013-01-13 at 11:57 PM.