Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Instead of new spells I'd like to see new totems, maybe glyphs to change the totem animations too. I also wish there was a way to throw totems to a target location, which would help with elemental AoE and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    Instead of new spells I'd like to see new totems, maybe glyphs to change the totem animations too. I also wish there was a way to throw totems to a target location, which would help with elemental AoE and PvP.

we allready can replace totems >>> totemic projection

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weapon Imbues:

• Weapon Imbues off of the global cooldown.

• Windfury Weapon: Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with wind. Each hit has a 20% chance of triggering three extra attacks with 8550 bonus attack power (2.6 sec internal cooldown). Lasts 60 minutes.

• Flametongue Weapon: Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with fire, increasing magical damage done by 10%. Each hit causes 112 (+ 5.8% of SpellPower) to 345 (+ 5.8% of SpellPower) additional Fire damage, based on the speed of the weapon. Slower weapons cause more fire damage per swing. Lasts 60 minutes.

• Frostbrand Weapon: Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with frost. Each hit has a chance of causing 679 (+ 10% of SpellPower) additional Frost damage and slowing the target’s movement speed by 50% for 8 sec. Lasts 60 minutes.

• Earthliving Weapon: Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with earthen life. Increases spell healing by 5% and gives each heal up to a 20% chance to trigger the Earthliving effect on the target, healing an additional 4028 (+ 12.3% of SpellPower) over 12 sec. Single-target direct heals on targets below 35% of maximum health will always trigger this effect. Lasts 60 minutes.

• Rockbiter Weapon: Imbue the Shaman’s weapon with the fury of the earth, increasing all threat generation by 30% and reducing damage taken by 10%. Lasts 60 minutes.

Unleash Weapon:

• Unleash Wind: Unleashes the Windfury enchantment upon the Shaman’s weapon, dealing 125% of weapon damage to the target enemy and increasing the Shaman’s melee attack speed by 60% for the next 6 swings or until 12 sec have elapsed.

• Unleash Flame: Unleashes the Flametongue enchantment upon the Shaman’s weapon, dealing 1136 to 1345 (+ 42.9% of SpellPower) Fire damage to the target enemy and increasing the damage dealt by the Shaman’s Fire spells by 25%. Lasts 8 seconds.

• Unleash Frost: Unleashes the Frostbrand enchantment upon the Shaman’s weapon, dealing 896 to 1041 (+38.6% of SpellPower) Frost damage to a target enemy and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 5 sec. Increased in effectiveness if the target is already afflicted by a movement-slowing Frost effect.

• Unleash Life: Unleashes the Earthliving enchantment upon the Shaman’s weapon, healing a friendly target for 4053 to 4321 (+ 43.7% of SpellPower) and increasing the effect of the Shaman’s next 2 direct heals by 30%. Lasts 10 seconds.

• Unleash Earth: Unleashes the Rockbiter enchantment upon the Shaman’s weapon, forcing the target enemy to attack the Shaman for 5 sec.

Unleashed Fury:

• Unleashed Wind: Your auto-attacks have a chance to trigger Static Shock. Your chance to trigger Static Shock and it's damage component are also increased by 15%. Lasts 8 seconds.

• Unleashed Flame: Instantly sears the target with fire, causing 1244 (+ 51.3% of SpellPower) Fire damage immediately and 2534 (+ 36.6% of SpellPower) Fire damage over 12 sec. and increases your damage done with Lightning Bolt by 20% for 10 sec.

• Unleashed Frost: You leech heat from the enemy target, gaining 60% movement speed for 4 sec.

• Unleashed Life: Further increases the effectiveness of your next single-target heal 2 single-target heals by 30% and reduces their mana cost by 15%.

• Unleashed Earth: You take 40% reduced damage from the enemy target and 20% increased healing for 5 sec.

Totems:

• Earthen Totem: Summons an Earth Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that slows enemy and increases ally movement speed by 50% to targets within 10 yards of the totem. Lasts 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

• Magma Totem: Summons a Fire Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 1 min that causes 417 (+ 18.2% of SpellPower) Fire damage to creatures within 10 yards every 2 seconds and increases the duration on Flame Shock by 3 seconds.

• Frostfire Totem: Summons a Fire Totem with 5 health at your feet for 1 min that repeatedly attacks an enemy within 0 to 30 yards for 60 to 80 (+ 11% of SpellPower) Frostfire damage and an additional 80 to 100 (+ 12.5% of SpellPower) over 12 sec. Stacks 3 times.

~ Frostfire Flames: When your Frostfire Totem deals damage or your Fire Elemental lands a melee attack, the damage dealt by your Flametongue Weapon and Frostbrand Weapon is increased by 15% for 15 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.

~ Your Lava Lash ability will consume this effect, dealing 40% increased damage for each application present.

• Capacitor Totem: Summons an Air totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that gathers electrical energy from the surrounding air for 3 sec. If an enemy unit walks within 5 yards of the totem, all enemies within 10 yards will be stunned for 5 sec. Lasts 15 seconds. 45 second cooldown.

• Healing Stream Totem: Summons a Water Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 15 sec that heals the most injured party of raid member within 40 yards for (31 ( + 17.35% of SpellPower) + ($SP * 0.3561) * 1 * 1) every 2 sec.

General:

• Shocks taken off of their shared cooldown.

• Earth Shock: Instantly shocks the target with concussive force, causing 2035 to 2249 (+ 58.1% of SpellPower) Nature damage and applying the Weakened Blows effect. 6 sec cooldown.

• Flame Shock: Instantly sears the target with fire, causing 1086 (+ 44.9% of SpellPower) Fire damage immediately and 9312 (+81% of SpellPower) Fire damage over 24 sec. 6 sec cooldown.

• Frost Shock: Instantly shocks an enemy with frost, dealing 1215 to 1284 (+ 51% of SpellPower) Frost damage and reducing the target’s movement speed by 50%. Lasts 8 sec. Causes a high amount of threat. 6 sec cooldown.

• Ghost Wolf: Transform into a spectral wolf to increase your movement speed by 30%. While in Ghost Wolf form, movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 70% of normal movement speed. Lasts until cancelled.

• Fire Nova baseline for all specializations and taken off of the global cooldown.

• Fire Nova: Emits a wave of flame from the Shaman dealing 826 to 923 (+ 16.4% of SpellPower) Fire damage to every enemy within 10 yards. If any target within 100 yards of the Shaman is afflicted by Flame Shock, they will ignite and Flame Shock’s initial damage will be dealt to them. 4 sec cooldown.

• Earthquake baseline for all specializations and incorporated it into Maelstrom Weapon for Enhancement.

• Earthquake: You cause the earth at the target location to tremble and break, dealing (361 ( +11% of SpellPower) + $SPN * 0.11) Physical damage every 1 sec to enemies in an a 8 yard radius, with a 10% chance of knocking down affected targets. Lasts 10 sec. 10 sec cooldown. 40 yd range. 35.6% of base mana. 2.5 sec cast.

• Healing Rain: Calls forth healing rains to blanket the area targeted by the Shaman, restoring 1983 to 2358 (+ 19.7%) of SpellPower) health to allies in the area every 2 sec for 10 sec. Healing effectiveness diminishes for each player beyond 6 within the area. Lasts 10 sec. 10 sec cooldown. 40 yd range. 38.9% of base mana. 2 sec cast.

• Hex: Transforms the enemy into a frog. While hexed, the target cannot attack or cast spells. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Lasts 1 min. Only one target can be hexed at a time. Only works on Humanoids and Beasts. 35 second cooldown.

• Spiritwalker’s Grace: Calls upon the spiritual guidance, permitting movement while casting non-instant Shaman spells. This spell may be cast while casting other spells. Lasts 20 sec. 2 minute cooldown.

• Ascendance: The Shaman surrenders his physical form to the power of the elements, gaining the ability to transform into a being of raw elemental energy for 20 sec.

~ Elemental: While in the form of a Flame Ascendant, Lava Burst has no cooldown and Chain Lightning is empowered to become Lava Beam.
    ~ Enhancement: While in the form of an AIr Ascendant, auto attacks and Stormstrike deal pure Nature damage and have a 30-yard range.
    ~ Restoration: While in the form of a Water Ascendant, all healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly among nearby allies.

• Wind Walk: Envelops the shaman in a twisting vortex of winds rendering him invisible for 15 sec. and increasing his movement speed by 100% for the duration. While wind walk is active, the effectiveness of your next successful damaging or healing spell is increased by 50% and it becomes instant cast. Casting an ability or using an item breaks the invisibility effect. Lasts 15 sec.

Specializations:

Enhancement:

• Lava Lash: You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 200% of that weapon’s damage to an enemy target and spreading your Flame Shock to all nearby enemies within 10 yards. 8 sec cooldown.

• Mental Quickness: Your spell power is now equal to 60% of your attack power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of spell power.
    ~ Your instant beneficial, damaging, and totem spells cost 75% less mana.
    ~ Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to immediately restore 5% of your mana.

Elemental:

• Lava Burst: You hurl molten lava at the target, dealing 2205 to 2834 (+ 150% of SpellPower) Fire damage and spread your Flame Shock to all nearby enemies within 10 yards. 8 sec cooldown. This will always be a critical and its damage is increased by your critical strike rating.

~ Lava Surge: Your Flame Shock periodic damage ticks have a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of your Lava Burst spell and cause your next Lava Burst spell to be instant. Lasts 10 seconds.

• Fulmination: Call down lightning from the sky, dealing 2031 (+ 225% of SpellPower) Nature damage. 3 second cast. 18 second cooldown. This will always be a critical and its damage is increased by your critical strike rating.

~ Earthen Power: Your Earth Shock has a 50% chance of resetting the cooldown of Fulmination and reducing its cast speed by 50%. Lasts 10 seconds.

• Conduit: Your next Lightning Bolt or Healing Surge ability will deal damage to or heal all targets within 15 yards of the target but only be 50% as effective. 12 second cooldown.

~ Conduit: Lightning Bolt - Your next Lightning Bolt will hit all targets within 15 yards of the target and deal 50% of its normal damage. 12 second cooldown.

~Conduit: Healing Surge – Your next Healing Surge will hit all targets within 15 yards of the target and heal for 50% of their normal healing. 12 second cooldown.

~ Elemental Focus: When you deal damage with Lightning Shield, Fulmination, Earth Shock, Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning while your Lightning Shield ability is active, you have a 50% chance to restore 2% of your mana, and you generate a Conduction charge, up to a maximum of 25 charges. (5 Conduits)

• Thunderstorm: You call down a bolt of lightning, energizing you and damaging nearby enemies within 10 yards. Restores 15% mana to you and deals 1696 to 1937 (+ 57.1% of SpellPower) Nature damage to all nearby enemies, reducing their movement speed by 40% for 5 sec and knocking them back 20 yards. This spell is usable while stunned. 25 sec cooldown.

Both dps specs: damage increase below 30%, either by increasing the lightningbolt/labaurst or stormstrike/lavalash scaling on low hp targets, or just a general % damage increase on said targets.

Resto: Heals on a target below 30% trigger an aditional smartheal (lowest hp% target in range) for 25% of the original.

Enhancement

Tectonic weapon: Your melee attacks have a chance to spawn a 10yard radius earthquake under the target (stacking upto 5 times), dealing nature damage to foes standing on it. (think of the troll instance tectonic plating on trashmobs). This would be a weapon imbue and open up a different playstyle in which secondary stats would be worth gemming for instead of agi.

Direwolf: You turn into a enraged direwolf for 20sec, increasing your movement speed by 30% and make you count as a beast, during this time your abilities do physical damage and your mastery benefits physical instead of elemental damage. You are healed for 50% of the damage done. (cant be disarmed/cancels disarm, as you dont wield a weapon)

Elemental

Thunderstruck: Strikes the target (40 yard range) with a thunderstorm for 20sec, increasing the damage it takes from your lightningbolts by 15% and dealing 50% of their damage to nearby targets (15yard radius).

Earthen form: You turn into an earth construct for 20sec, making you take 20% less damage and grants silence immunity attacks against you numb the target, causing them to deal 10% less damage for 10sec.

Restoration

Rivers blessing(passive): your critical heals have a chance to spawn a river connecting you and your target for 15sec (max 3 per shaman) causing 10% of the healing you do to the connected target, to splash onto party or raid members within 10yards of the river.

Be like water: Turn into a watery version of yourself for 20sec, increasing the healing received by 15% and healing done by 10% for its duration.

the're some things that feel weird when i'm playing my elem shaman. Maybe blizz can address and/or fix those:

-unleash elements - flametongue weapon: It does instant target damage, and buffs the next fire spell with 30% in the next 8sec.

--> This means you need to use it before your next lava burst. But in practice, i have the feeling this spell was designed to be used immediate after a lava burst cast. It feels odd to cast it just before a lava burst cast. Would appreciate it if blizzard would remove the 8sec timer...

- stormlash totem: I use it , but i constanly wonder why; it's a totem without any clear causality! It's just MEHHH ...

- Capacitor Totem: (in combination with totemic projection) It works and it provides gameplay ... but sometimes i wonder if it isn't better just to run away??? lol
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-01-18 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    enhancement: passive - instead your lava lash spreading lava shock on maximum 4 surrounding targets; it now spreads on 8 targets (this would boost enh dps considerately)
    I doubt that.... AOE dmg almost always spreads amongst the targets hit. Let's say your spell has a potential of 40k hit. 4 targets get hit with 10k each. 8 targets will get hit with 5k each... same output. Your proposed change, won't have much impact.
    Besides the point that it's rather useless.... 8 targets are trash mobs, and it's rather completely unimportant what numbers are done on trash.
    You may do a little better in BG's where players are cluttered around a flag.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-01-18 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I doubt that.... AOE dmg almost always spreads amongst the targets hit. Let's say your spell has a potential of 40k hit. 4 targets get hit with 10k each. 8 targets will get hit with 5k each... same output. Your proposed change, won't have much impact.
    Besides the point that it's rather useless.... 8 targets are trash mobs, and it's rather completely unimportant what numbers are done on trash.
    Enhancement aoe, more specifically firenova, does have the target normalisation like every other, but as it counts per nova, and every flamshocked target releases its own nova, it would be a dps increase to go from 1-9 debuffed targets with 1 LL

earth ascenance. because earth is cooler than air.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    More frost spells. Master of elements and we have mostly air, some fire, some earth, and little frost.

I would love for resto shaman mastery to be reworked. I'm not saying the mastery isn't useful.... or doesn't have a particular niche in progression

I'm just not a big fan of the whole you play worse I heal better scenario.

wrecking farm content is actually fun as a healer...but when you have an almighty disc priest in the raid preventing damage entirely...shaman mastery might as well be nonexistent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    first off all aoe dmg cap is counted for 10+ targets
    and second thing is that Flame shock is not counted as aoe spell so its not scaling down even if its applied to more than 10 targets
    ps there are boss fights with adds and aoe is rather important i dont see any reason to dont have viable aoe as enh shaman, beside that faster trashes kill more time on boss
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-01-19 at 11:12 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    I would love for resto shaman mastery to be reworked. I'm not saying the mastery isn't useful.... or doesn't have a particular niche in progression

I'm just not a big fan of the whole you play worse I heal better scenario.

wrecking farm content is actually fun as a healer...but when you have an almighty disc priest in the raid preventing damage entirely...shaman mastery might as well be nonexistent.
    Exactly. It's what makes us 'overpowered' in PvP at the moment, but if you nerf that we'll have the worst healing and we'd need a few other buffs to compensate for it.

I'd like a healing over time mastery kind of like what Holy Priests have, but instead for it to be a bit like Renewing Mists if that makes sense...

Some idea's i would like to see in the next expansion ;-)

elemental: a spell that let's you spread all your shock-spells (flame/frost shock) on all targets in a 8 yard radius from those targets that are allready affected... (1min cd)

restoration: a spell that let's you spread riptide on all raidmembers in a 30 yard radius from the initial buffed player (1 min cd)

enhancement: passive - instead your lava lash spreading lava shock on maximum 4 surrounding targets; it now spreads on 8 targets (this would boost enh dps considerately)

BETTER START EARLY ;-))
    Don't get me wrong, I only play a shaman as an alt, but how in the hell would an 8 target spread exactly help? There has been 2 encounters I can think of in recent raids with 8 targets which is Wind Lord, Phase 2 heroic Sha of Fear. I would much rather see them give Enh Shamans a legit cleave buff rather then halfassing it so that you get extra cleave on a fight with 8 targets which is EXTREMELY rare.

Quote Originally Posted by NovxSH View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I only play a shaman as an alt, but how in the hell would an 8 target spread exactly help? There has been 2 encounters I can think of in recent raids with 8 targets which is Wind Lord, Phase 2 heroic Sha of Fear. I would much rather see them give Enh Shamans a legit cleave buff rather then halfassing it so that you get extra cleave on a fight with 8 targets which is EXTREMEoLY rare.

can't expect pp to read this entire post ... but i had kinda reworked my initial proposal.

Elemental:

-Let our shocks not only hit the focused target, but also 3 nearby additional targets. (8yards)
    -OR Let us spread our shocks with a instant spell (10sec). Each time we use this spell, our flame shock is spread on 3 nearby targets. (8yards)
    -OR Give our chain lighning a chance to spread our flame shock dot on 3 unaffected targets in a 10 yard range.

Enhancement:
    -Let us spread our shocks by using the fire nova spell. Each time we use fire nova, there's a 25% chance each flame-shock dot will be duplicated on a onaffected target. (range 8yards)

but really, this treat isn't about my suggestions, it's about your's ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Abysire View Post
    Exactly. It's what makes us 'overpowered' in PvP at the moment, but if you nerf that we'll have the worst healing and we'd need a few other buffs to compensate for it.

I'd like a healing over time mastery kind of like what Holy Priests have, but instead for it to be a bit like Renewing Mists if that makes sense...
    I like the way you think.

And yeah by changing our mastery and being less OP in pvp we might see some decent PVE buffs. Granted, I still love healing on my shaman so I cant complain to much.

I have a love hate for our mastery. but i think its one of the factors that makes us hard to balance.

Thunder shield 3min cd 15sec duration: Upon activation, replaces lightning shield with a more potent thunder shield. The thunder shield does 150% more damage and procs off any attack on the shaman. Abilites that Do damage based off lightning shield will do the same effects but have thunder shield as the source for the duration.Due to the fact that lightning always comes after thunder, when thunder shield does damage due to an attacker strikeing the shaman, a lightning bolt will be discharged at the target equal to 80% of lightning bolts damage. Enhancement only.

Primal Strike: Unleash your primal rage into your mainhand weapon for 75% weapon damage as nature damage, 4 seconds later the target receives the full force of your rage causeing the target to run in terror for 3.5 seconds. 2 minute cd, shares DR with hex (to not make it op)

Earthen Fury: Calls forth an axe forge by the earth itself, the shaman hurls the axe at the target sundering their armor and acts as an earth medium. Causes all attacks to bypass 25% of the targetes armor, and the target takes 15% more damage from earth based attacks(includes physical damage). Lasts for 10 seconds 30 second cd also. Shares a cd with static fury.

Static Fury: Embrace the primordial essence of lightning, transforming your weapons into pure lightning maces increasing nature damage done by 3% per charge, each hit lowers the potency of the maces causeing the shaman to lose a charge, after each charge lost the maces discharge a chain lightning bolt at the target for 50% of chain lightning damage. Lasts for 30 seconds or until all 20 charges are spent 30 second cd. Shares a cd with Earthen fury
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-01-21 at 09:16 AM.

can't expect pp to read this entire post ...
    Yeah I confess I didn't.. I'm tired.
    I wonder if it's been said... An Execute Mechanic. I mean seriously.. it's not like it's warrior specific anymore.. a TON of classes have one. Why don't we?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally i would love if they would bring back the mobility of ghost wolf to a level of wotlk, was so easy to kite back then :\
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I would say...

4 Minor Glyphs: Glyph of Air's Calling, Glyph of Fire's Calling, Glyph of Water's Calling, Glyph of Earth's Calling.

Basically, it's be like Glyph of Deluge, but it would affect all your spells of a different element.

OR! Alternatively,

Something similar to the Polymorph Tomes in Dalaran, that let's you learn equivalent spells of different elements.

(ex. A tome that gives you a spell "Whips of Fire" to replace Chain Lighting... "Stone Strike" to replace Stormstrike.... "Water Spout" to replace Thunderstorm...)

fun cosmetic stuff like that.

Another idea i got today:

Blizz could rework unleash elements. Making it so it's putting an extra debuff on it's target with increasing damage over time. (one tick every sec, 15sec duration, 15 sec cd) It's not a multidot mechanic, just boosting our single target dps.

so, you're not only buffing your next fire spell; but also having a stacking damage debuff on this target for 15sec.
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-01-21 at 11:57 AM.