Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    They'll do like WotLK/Cata and pop some new Heroic/5 men with high iLvl gear to help you get in those LFR faster.

They already stated they are not adding new 5mans for catch up gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    They already stated they are not adding new 5mans for catch up gear.
    And you believe them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    And you believe them?
    Why would he not? What would they gain from lying? lol

I see they have also reduced the ilvl of 5.2 honor gear to 476 (and increased PvP stats to compensate).

This tells me my guess that the 486 requirement was being driven by PvP considerations was correct.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I see they have also reduced the ilvl of 5.2 honor gear to 476 (and increased PvP stats to compensate).

This tells me my guess that the 486 requirement was being driven by PvP considerations was correct.
    this is a bit off topic but not one person in full pvp gear should be able to enter raids just as i have no business entering a rated bg team with my 0 pvp gear

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    this is a bit off topic but not one person in full pvp gear should be able to enter raids just as i have no business entering a rated bg team with my 0 pvp gear
    Except the ilvl of PvP gear now accurately reflects its PvE stats. PvP power and resilience do not enter into the ilvl calculation anymore.

This was more Blizzard not wanting to totally shortcircuit PvE gearing via the battlegrounds.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

I think there was a blue post saying that LFR will be moved down to 480 and pvp gear will be moved to 476.

Deleted
    Except the ilvl of PvP gear now accurately reflects its PvE stats. PvP power and resilience do not enter into the ilvl calculation anymore.

This was more Blizzard not wanting to totally shortcircuit PvE gearing via the battlegrounds.
    yeh thats kinda the thing ive allways hated about resi and now pvp power. they make the gap going from pve to pvp HUGE not the other way around

10+ Year Old Account
    I was very annoyed when they announced it might be 486 as even before they mentioned that i thought 480 should be about right. It takes a bit of effort to reach but not something thats going to deter me from levelling alts etc. Id be pretty happy if it was released as 480.

They should keep the ilvl as is, 486 is fine for the first section

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

My guestimate last week was if first LFR is 460, and the second tier LFR is 470, then 5.2 should be 480, so 480 makes sense. All the effort to gear has already driven off a few friends of mine from getting pandaria, sadly. Maybe removing the valor cap would help. Not like that's asking for free loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    i wonder why people can complain about something as easy as this... if you have even a bit of time (if not, WoW isn't for you anyway) then reaching that crappy ilevel is a matter of days at most.
    Its about accessible content. Making content accessible is good for the game in general. If you take a look at PvP, the rating requirement system drove people away from PvP,and now you have PvPers complaining about not having enough people to beat up on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    Its about accessible content. Making content accessible is good for the game in general. If you take a look at PvP, the rating requirement system drove people away from PvP,and now you have PvPers complaining about not having enough people to beat up on.
    It is still accessible though, it just takes some work. MoP is all about having to progress through the content instead of being given a free pass to the content. Raiding is the end game content and for some LFR is the only form of raiding they do. Its only right that they be given a chance to progress towards it as well. Blizzard is trying to change the idea of what LFR is from the loot pinata that it was in Cata.

It is supposed to be an easy so it will always be somewhat of a loot pinata. But it isn't supposed to be something a fresh 90 can jump right into the latest content with a day or two or work.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    i wonder why people can complain about something as easy as this... if you have even a bit of time (if not, WoW isn't for you anyway) then reaching that crappy ilevel is a matter of days at most.
    oke now we have a new player reach 90 the day or even a few days after 5.2. he magicly he is full heroic 5m when he reach 90. it still take some time before he can do 5.2 lfr. since the old lfr is a weekly base he will probebly runs it a few weeks. and he don't got the gold to buy crafted gear. so tell me who he could do it in a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is still accessible though, it just takes some work.
    "Accessible" in the sense he was using was "people want to and are able to access it". In your sense, it's "it's possible to access it".

His version is more relevant for the context in which the word was used.

Your kind of theoretical accessibility is fine for forum quibbling. It's not fine for the health of the actual game.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Accessible" in the sense he was using was "people want to and are able to access it". In your sense, it's "it's possible to access it".

His version is more relevant for the context in which the word was used.

Your kind of theoretical accessibility is fine for forum quibbling. It's not fine for the health of the actual game.
    I can assure you that I used it in the same meaning as they were. It is fine for the health of the actual game for a new tier of LFR to take some gearing up to get to. It is not fine for the health of the game for the new tier of LFR to be able to be jumped into right away. But go ahead and continue to play your forum games and nitpicking.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I am currently at 489 on my shaman and I have 0 drops from normal raids. My alt priest is also at 484 while still wearing 2 blues (also with no drops from normal raids). It is pretty easy to get to 486 and even easier to get to the new ilvl of 480 that they recently announced.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

480 is nothing. I got 480 on my dk alt in literally a couple weeks just by running LFR.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart