Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Then it would be Brazil (19/100000). The Brazilian economy is the world's seventh largest by nominal GDP and the seventh largest by purchasing power parity.

If your raise the bar for first world country higher then you are right and USA is #1 in gun violence.
    That's called "Cherry picking definitions" I'm afraid. First world Countries are based on more than just their economy, standard of living would show Brazil isn't a First World Country.

There are far more things that play a role in Brazil's crime rate.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    No, at this point all I have left to say is:
    Thank god I don't live in a messed up society where people even have a reason to come up with such security features.
    I live in a society where there is no call for any of that, because the effort society makes to prevent that need is sufficient.

I just lock my door.
    I sometimes go out for a couple of hours and leave the door unlocked, there is always a window unlocked and tbh, my windows are easily broken into regardless, without smashing the glass.

I live in a city of 23 million.

US, you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarojini View Post
    I sometimes go out for a couple of hours and leave the door unlocked, there is always a window unlocked and tbh, my windows are easily broken into regardless, without smashing the glass.

I live in a city of 23 million.

US, you are doing it wrong.
    Very few people said we aren't, the thing is, people are trying to vilify OBJECTS for a social issue. Changes need to be made, but gun bans don't at all facilitate the types of changes that need to be made. Instead of blaming inanimate objects, we should be trying to identify what it is in U.S. society that leads to mass murder-suicides. Taking away guns doesn't take away crazy.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    lol you missed the part where he said he had over 50?

I'm not a big fan of Piers Morgan but I give him props for having the patience to sit there and listen to a guy yell out random facts. That must have taken quite a bit of strength.
    Random facts? Like the 'hundreds of gun murders in the UK' fact, which turned out to be 35? He is an absolute moron. Piers probably knew thats how the interview would go down though there is some part of me that wants to believe he had no idea how much of an twat that guy was going to be. How he didnt knock the stupid yanks face off after 2mins is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by panthro7 View Post
    Random facts? Like the 'hundreds of gun murders in the UK' fact, which turned out to be 35? He is an absolute moron. Piers probably knew thats how the interview would go down though there is some part of me that wants to believe he had no idea how much of an twat that guy was going to be. How he didnt knock the stupid yanks face off after 2mins is beyond me
    Considering Piers has had him on several times, he knew exactly how much of a twat he is.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Then it would be Brazil (19/100000). The Brazilian economy is the world's seventh largest by nominal GDP and the seventh largest by purchasing power parity.

If your raise the bar for first world country higher then you are right and USA is #1 in gun violence.
    Total GDP doesn't matter. What matters is GDP per capita.

By all definitions, Brazil isn't a first world country.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    By your logic no one needs a firearm that holds more than a single shot, regardless of action type. And if you think one shot is equal to one kill, you need to stop watching films and get an education on firearms. Also, as for bad shots, I'm guessing you've never gone duck/rabbit/pheasant/grouse hunting. If you get a guaranteed kill every time you pull the trigger you should look into competitive shooting, you'd make 6 figures a year.
    Logic: What do you plan on shooting? This is where every gun owner who defends having a semi or full auto bullshit comes to light. Just say you plan on shooting people and save the rest of us some time and money.

Just ask yourself this one question. Does your kids school have multiple armed security guards with metal detectors because if not hope you made your peace with your kids every morning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    We're unique because we are the superpower of the world!

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 02:31 AM ----------

Rush who? And you can persecute them, as they are US citizens.
    Some superpower huh? Owing Billions of dollars to the Chinese, the US will stop being a 'superpower' within the next 10 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Logic: What do you plan on shooting? This is where every gun owner who defends having a semi or full auto bullshit comes to light. Just say you plan on shooting people and save the rest of us some time and money.
    No, I plan on shooting ducks, geese, squirrels, deer, boar, elk, rabbits, caribou. Sometimes people miss. In the case of ducks, being migratory birds and only being legally able to shoot them while they're in the air, the odds of seeing enough flocks to get a meal out of it by only shooting ONCE per flock is slim to none. However, if a flock of ducks flies overhead and I have a semi-automatic, I can take multiple shots, and if I'm lucky I hit my limit on the first flock and go home and enjoy some delicious non-GMO meat. It's the people that don't hunt or go to the range that own firearms that people need to be concerned with. I've hunted my whole life, every generation of my family has going back to our pre-colonization ancestors. (I am a Native American.)
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2013-01-09 at 02:21 PM.

No, I plan on shooting ducks, geese, squirrels, deer, boar, elk, rabbits, caribou. Sometimes people miss. In the case of ducks, being migratory birds and only being legally able to shoot them while they're in the air, the odds of seeing enough flocks to get a meal out of it by only shooting ONCE per flock is slim to none. However, if a flock of ducks flies overhead and I have a semi-automatic, I can take multiple shots, and if I'm lucky I hit my limit on the first flock and go home and enjoy some delicious non-GMO meat.
    If you are such a bad shot then nothing will save you in the split second you will get to fire on a burgular. Your issue is a bad aim not needing a auto or semi.

Wow.... I'm only 2 minutes in and this guy is insane. I'm for more gun control, obviously not a complete ban, if someone wants a hand gun to protect their family, they should have access (assuming it's someone that doesn't have a violent history or anything). I do admit I feel bad for the NRA just because this guy will make any side on any story look worse that he supports lol.

Seriously though, I think Fox needs to give this guy his own reality TV show - this guy brings a legit, yet unintentional, sense of humor that the other shows can't and he can think he's spreading his agenda.

No, I plan on shooting ducks, geese, squirrels, deer, boar, elk, rabbits, caribou. Sometimes people miss. In the case of ducks, being migratory birds and only being legally able to shoot them while they're in the air, the odds of seeing enough flocks to get a meal out of it by only shooting ONCE per flock is slim to none. However, if a flock of ducks flies overhead and I have a semi-automatic, I can take multiple shots, and if I'm lucky I hit my limit on the first flock and go home and enjoy some delicious non-GMO meat.
    I'm not trying to nit pick and this might be off topic but, where in the states to you hunt Caribou and Boar? Caribou would be Alaska if it isn't Canada (Mainly) and you don't find Boar in Alaska. Again off topic, just curious.

Also, don't most people use a shotgun for Duck Hunting where you're from? They do where I'm from.
    Last edited by Goldfingaz; 2013-01-09 at 02:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very few people said we aren't, the thing is, people are trying to vilify OBJECTS for a social issue. Changes need to be made, but gun bans don't at all facilitate the types of changes that need to be made. Instead of blaming inanimate objects, we should be trying to identify what it is in U.S. society that leads to mass murder-suicides. Taking away guns doesn't take away crazy.
    The thing is:

If my whole world falls apart and I decide to go on a rampage I wouldn't know what to do. At best I gould grab a hunting shotgun and shoot 1 person and then myself. (I live in Denmark we aren't allowed to have bigger weapons than a shotgun.)

If I live in the US and my whole world falls apart. I would grab my Automatic weapon with an approx 50 round clip and shoot maybe 25 children and then shoot myself.

Denmark = 1 Person dead + me
    US = 20-25 persons dead + me.

See the difference?

Ban those auto weapons now!
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

Deleted
    US television is always entertaining, cant tell whats suppose to be a news show and whats a comedy. that guy is a total nut job.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I'm not trying to nit pick and this might be off topic but, where in the states to you hunt Caribou and Boar? Caribou would be Alaska if it isn't Canada (Mainly) and you don't find Boar in Alaska. Again off topic, just curious.
    We take a biannual trip to Nouchimi Camp in the Nunavut territory.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    If you are such a bad shot then nothing will save you in the split second you will get to fire on a burgular. Your issue is a bad aim not needing a auto or semi.
    And how good of a shot are you? I can hit a bowling pin at 300 yards with a .223 (the same caliber rifle used in the Aurora, CO shooting) 99 out of 100 times. With a shotgun, the pellets (also known as SHOT, where the name comes from) spread. The further they travel from the barrel the further they spread. Each of those pellets is effected by wind, and is traveling toward a moving target 20-50 yards away. So, are we talking rifles, which are by design highly accurate? Or shotguns, which without a slug barrel and slug shells, are much more inaccurate?
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2013-01-09 at 02:37 PM.

We take a biannual trip to Nouchimi Camp in the Nunavut territory in northern Quebec.
    Nunavut isn't a part of Quebec. I assume you mean North of Quebec and it was just a typo (Which are allowed to be made, I make several).

Either ways, as a Canadian even I don't want to go that far North.. too cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Nunavut isn't a part of Quebec. I assume you mean North of Quebec and it was just a typo (Which are allowed to be made, I make several).

Either ways, as a Canadian even I don't want to go that far North.. too cold.
    I wasn't really sure where the camp itself is located, only that their mailing address is in Quebec. (I had to Google it, I only knew the name of the camp.) Yeah I should have realized it wasn't Quebec given how far we drive, it appears they maintain a PO Box in Chisasibi for their contact.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2013-01-09 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Total GDP doesn't matter. What matters is GDP per capita.

By all definitions, Brazil isn't a first world country.
    I don't think that you know what first/second/third world country actually means...

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Some superpower huh? Owing Billions of dollars to the Chinese, the US will stop being a 'superpower' within the next 10 or so years.
    I love uneducated snide comments like this. You do know the U.S. owes something like 6-7% of their debt to China... thats right, 6-7%... might want to spend some of the time you use saying dumb things in online forums doing something more constructive, like educating yourself so you don't look so stupid...

OT: I agree with what others have said about inviting Alex on as nothing more than an opportunity to try and discredit the pro-gun side of this argument...

10+ Year Old Account
    YES, lets all do what the foreigners from OTHER countries want us to do. Let give up ALL own rights!

Someone is yelling, never killed anyone in his life= conspiracy nutjob, disregard.
    Someone is calm, orders drone strikes on civilians in other countries= awesome and cool, or I'm a racist for thinking otherwise.

Comon people, lets all give our guns to the government! Surely they will protect us!
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK