Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Out of all the pro-gun people out there, they couldn't choose someone that DOESNT yell? Yeah, its BS.
    They did recently, remember? He just used such idiotic arguments (but without yelling), that Piers called him on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volas View Post
    I've always as a Brit thought Pierce Morgan was a bit of a cock, my goodness by comparison Pierce Morgan looks like fucking Mohandas Ghandi and respect to him for tolerating that morons incessant screaming, threats and insults. Brilliant how Alex screams that the second amendment give him the right to own an assault rifle but he cant think of a reason he needs one.

Fantastic.
    Thats the point of it. Its fake as can be. Thats Piers job. Don't give him too many pats on the back for getting paid such a high salary for just letting that happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they let a man that loves to scream his point of view, do just that. I am sure I could make my own show, and invite an anit-gun crazy person on, and let them scream at me. Does that make my point of view any more valid? Not at all. Cheap debate tactic.
    Could you find such a person? No. You're just angry that an insane person made a certain point of view demonstrable psycopathic by taking it to its logical end. You can't blame anyone but Mr. Jones for how Mr. Jones acted. It's mindless you're blaming other people. He was not coerced.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Doesn't help the pro-gun argument much, but it is very funny.
    Exactly. Want people to take your views seriously? Stop talking like a fucking conspiracy theory nutjob.

How in God's name does one "set up" a loony to keep screaming insanely while you sit there and laugh?
    Done in 2 easy steps.

Step 1: Create a web-site catering to World of Warcraft news
    Step 2: Create a forum for said website.

....you basically just described many of this forum's argument threads in one sentence. ^_^

Could you find such a person? No. You're just angry that an insane person made a certain point of view demonstrable psycopathic by taking it to its logical end. You can't blame anyone but Mr. Jones for how Mr. Jones acted. It's mindless you're blaming other people. He was not coerced.
    No, I am not angry. I think if you want to make a real debate out of it, you shouldn't haven chosen him. They knew that, and chose him on purpose, to make themselves look good. I am not trying to redeem Jones, or say what he did was okay. But its sad that media goes that far to try to prove their agenda.

Yes, they let a man that loves to scream his point of view, do just that. I am sure I could make my own show, and invite an anit-gun crazy person on, and let them scream at me. Does that make my point of view any more valid? Not at all. Cheap debate tactic.
    Uh, how many times did Pierce say he needs to stop interrupting, to stop yelling. Constantly. A cheap debate tactic is to talk over the person you're trying to debate. Nobody can control a douchebag who can't take other peoples views.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am not angry. I think if you want to make a real debate out of it, you shouldn't haven chosen him. They knew that, and chose him on purpose, to make themselves look good. I am not trying to redeem Jones, or say what he did was okay. But its sad that media goes that far to try to prove their agenda.
    I think the point was that there's no real debate while Mr. Jones and the dozens of mass murderers killing thousands of innocent Americans exist. Mr. Morgan tried to debate others and they wheeled out the same non sequitors and irrational arguments Mr. Jones screamed.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Thats the point of it. Its fake as can be. Thats Piers job. Don't give him too many pats on the back for getting paid such a high salary for just letting that happen.
    Be that as it may i think the point stands, yes you're entitled to own the assault rifle... but why do you need it?
    To defend your family? does your handgun not suffice or are you expecting a small military unit breaking into your house to steal your PS3.

Be that as it may i think the point stands, yes you're entitled to own the assault rifle... but why do you need it?
    To defend your family? does your handgun not suffice or are you expecting a small military unit breaking into your house to steal your PS3.
    Or an unruly government trying to take our Constitutionally granted freedoms. Yeah that's the damn point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Or an unruly government trying to take our Constitutionally granted freedoms. Yeah that's the damn point.
    My goodness lets arm ourselves to the teeth to fight the imminent civil war. While you're at it better teach the kindergarteners how to operate a suicide vest incase they are the last ones standing in the siege of their homes.

No, you don't arm everyone with fucking assault rifles incase a civil war breaks out, that's more a part of the problem than the solution.

I think the point was that there's no real debate while Mr. Jones and the dozens of mass murderers killing thousands of innocent Americans exist. Mr. Morgan tried to debate others and they wheeled out the same non sequitors and irrational arguments Mr. Jones screamed.
    Here's a video by Benn Swan breaking down the numbers here

However Raw Statistics mean nothing. The US has over 315,000,000 citizens, the UK has 63,000,000 citizens. They have 1/5 of our population, so you need to have a proportional rate to compare them.

Another thing the UK might have lower deaths to firearms, but the violent crimes there are the worst in the EU and worse compared to the US. tsk tsk tsk.

Did you know the recent mass murderer was denied a gun when he tried buying one? Imagine that? He stole his mothers.

So yes, I 100% agree with the second amendment allowing law abiding citizens the right to buy weapons.

Did you know in Britain there was a study saying they should ban the sale of sharp kitchen knives, because too many angry people commit crimes of passion wit them? What do you think of that? Should I type out a sarcastic, whiny sentence about how no one needs kitchen knives?

Do you think the bad people will go away if you take away "assault" guns, or handguns like Obama wants?

My goodness lets arm ourselves to the teeth to fight the imminent civil war. While you're at it better teach the kindergarteners how to operate a suicide vest incase they are the last ones standing in the siege of their homes.

No, you don't arm everyone with fucking assault rifles incase a civil war breaks out, that's more a part of the problem than the solution.
    Now you''re exaggerating. I never said anything about giving weapons, or explosives, to children. I never said anything about a civil war. I'm talking about being a responsible citizen, doing you civic duty as an American citizen to arm yourself as a militia. (Oh wait, you might want to read the Constitution). I'm not saying that such an event is imminent, I'm saying better safe than sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Did you know the recent mass murderer was denied a gun when he tried buying one? Imagine that? He stole his mothers.

So yes, I 100% agree with the second amendment allowing law abiding citizens the right to buy weapons.

Did you know in Britain there was a study saying they should ban the sale of sharp kitchen knives, because too many angry people commit crimes of passion wit them? What do you think of that? Should I type out a sarcastic, whiny sentence about how no one needs kitchen knives?

Do you think the bad people will go away if you take away "assault" guns, or handguns like Obama wants?
    Don't forget about rocks. We have to outlaw Semi-Automatic rocks, they're fucking everywhere man!

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    If a GOVERNMENT wanted to control you in such a way as people like Alex Jones says they do, they wouldn't bother taking your guns first, they could just send a missile through your living room window.

What do you actually think is going to happen if you lose your access to high calibre weapons is what I'm interested in? because whatever you think they might want to do, they could do NOW even if you had a tank in your yard. That isn't to say i think America should ban guns, I'm sure they're fun to shoot at a range or whatever and useful for hunting, farmers etc but using a 200 year old document talking about Militias and over-zealous Government as a basis for keeping guns seems a little 'off'.

Deleted
    No but a bad/mentally ill person will cause significantly less fatalities with a pistol.

also if you'd like to bring the UK's knife crime statistics to the table you would know it's always occurring within gang disputes, we tend to not have highschool knife rampages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God, I'm glad we agree that this Mr. Jones character is hugely disrespectful and utterly useless and that extreme pro-gun nuts have no point in this debate. I also considered him an utter cretin and a disgrace. Going onto a television show and acting like that? Pathetic.

Are rational and educated people supposed to take libertarianism seriously? How bizarre.
    Sad that many Brits don't take classical liberalism seriously anymore
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

No but a bad/mentally ill person will cause significantly less fatalities with a pistol.

also if you'd like to bring the UK's knife crime statistics to the table you would know it's always occurring within gang disputes, we tend to not have highschool knife rampages.
    Might as well ban those too. And rocks like someone else said. They were one of the mass murder weapons used weren't they?