Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    We've beaten the world before. What makes you think we cant beat the government?
    Damn. When did The Amazing Atheist get funny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alex Jones is not a conspiracy theorist, he is an actor backed by the globalists to portray the image that actual conspiracy theorists are all considered "insane." Why on earth would they actually allow someone who would know so much on television when they control TV.

Think about it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a tool, Alex Jones is such an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    What a tool, Alex Jones is such an idiot.
    Mods, this man is flaming every idiot in the world...

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    Alex Jones is not a conspiracy theorist, he is an actor backed by the globalists to portray the image that actual conspiracy theorists are all considered "insane." Why on earth would they actually allow someone who would know so much on television when they control TV.

Think about it.
    But he... I... But...

MY GOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post

Think about it.
    Answer: Increased Ratings

The same reason he's was put on TV is the same reason Honey Boo-Boo and Reality TV is on TV. People are attracted to insane shock-drama that makes them feel smarter or fear more... Piers Morgan and Alex Jones are in the same business as Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Katy Couric, Rachel Maddow, John Stewart and Freddy Kruger. Making you afraid so you keep watching - and thus increasing ratings. Yes, even john Stewart - because his humor is Cynical Humor. you may laugh, but your brain is quietly going "HOLY HELL WE"RE DOOMED!"

Which do you think is more likely? Shock value to increase ratings, which increase profits - or a global conspiracy that nit-picks all TV network television content that is attempting a risky gamble via trying reverse psychology upon the audience of a singular TV show?

Think about it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Answer: Increased Ratings

The same reason he's was put on TV is the same reason Honey Boo-Boo and Reality TV is on TV. People are attracted to insane shock-drama that makes them feel smarter or fear more... Piers Morgan and Alex Jones are in the same business as Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Katy Couric, Rachel Maddow, John Stewart and Freddy Kruger. Making you afraid so you keep watching - and thus increasing ratings. Yes, even john Stewart - because his humor is Cynical Humor. you may laugh, but your brain is quietly going "HOLY HELL WE"RE DOOMED!"

Which do you think is more likely? Shock value to increase ratings, which increase profits - or a global conspiracy that nit-picks all TV network television content that is attempting a risky gamble via trying reverse psychology upon the audience of a singular TV show?

Think about it. :P
    I disagree with the Jon Stewart part. I never think that. Its always - HOLY HELL, YOU'RE DOOMED!
    Much of his comedy stems from politics and media - its about the absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I disagree with the Jon Stewart part. I never think that. Its always - HOLY HELL, YOU'RE DOOMED!
    Hell compared to CNN/FOX/MSN, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are the best news on television.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Hell compared to CNN/FOX/MSN, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are the best news on television.
    I think Colbert would make an excellent President.

We had a comedian/actor who ran for political office as a joke. Ended up winning and actually getting IMPORTANT stuff done.

Daniel Jacob Haugaard[2] (born 12 May 1952 in Tvøroyri on the Faroe Island) is a Danish comedian, actor and politician. He was a member of the Parliament of Denmark from 1994–1998. He ran without a party and still got 23,253 votes, enough for a seat.
    Haugaard ran for every election as a joke from 1979 onwards until he won in 1994. After his term expired, he decided not to seek re-election. Among his outrageous campaign promises were: 8 hours of free time, 8 hours of rest and 8 hours of sleep, more tailwind on bicycle paths, promises of better weather, right to impotency, Nutella in field rations (was actually implemented) and shorter queues in supermarkets.[3][4]
    Asylum rated his win in the Parliamentary election the 11th greatest prank of all time

...you basically just confirmed my point precisely. ^_^

As I said... you don't think it...you just think it's funny - but subconsciously it's just in your brain saying "HOLY HELL, WE'RE DOOMED!" every single time - and he keeps pushing that button without you really noticing. Up to the very point of this post that you make saying "it's always - HOLY HELL, YOU'RE DOOMED!".

You think he's "pointing out the absurdity"... he definetly does point that out - and that's ALL he points out. He does not offer alternatives or solutions - and, more importantly, does not point out the GOOD things that happen in life and around the globe daily and globally. He can't make fun of that...

I'm not saying he's not funny, he's hysterical. But he's still selling fear... albeit very well disguised fear. :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:29 PM ----------

I think Colbert would make an excellent President.

We had a comedian/actor who ran for political office as a joke. Ended up winning and actually getting IMPORTANT stuff done.
    I'd be more inclined for Steward than Colbert for president - merely because I don't know enough about Colbert's stances on things and, more importantly, I've never seen him outside of his show's personae. :P

...but that would require them to stop making multi-milion dollar episodes and deal with fixing problems beyond getting people saying "RAHHHH!" about things. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-01-13 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha i actually felt bad for Piers he got screamed at the whole time!!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

For those that think Alex Jones was an ass or acted like a tool, watch this.

For those that think Alex Jones was an ass or acted like a tool, watch this.
    Can't I think they're both tools? And yeah, Jones is still a bigger tool, it's hard to outdo his level of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...you basically just confirmed my point precisely. ^_^

As I said... you don't think it...you just think it's funny - but subconsciously it's just in your brain saying "HOLY HELL, WE'RE DOOMED!" every single time - and he keeps pushing that button without you really noticing. Up to the very point of this post that you make saying "it's always - HOLY HELL, YOU'RE DOOMED!".

You think he's "pointing out the absurdity"... he definetly does point that out - and that's ALL he points out. He does not offer alternatives or solutions - and, more importantly, does not point out the GOOD things that happen in life and around the globe daily and globally. He can't make fun of that...

I'm not saying he's not funny, he's hysterical. But he's still selling fear... albeit very well disguised fear. :P
    Im not confirming your point. My mind is not saying that. Its my country and unlikely to affect me. I still find it funny because its so absurd - which is pretty much where political humour comes from. The actual politician or policy doesnt have to affect you but playing with the thought or taking it to extreme lengths makes it funny to the audience.

Also he made fun of a good thing very recently. It takes something special to have good things be news and New York had experienced its first murder free 24 hours in a loooooong time and he made fun about that.

It may be fear to you - it isnt for me and i still find it funny therefore i say it lies deeper than that. It lies in something neigh-universal.

lol piers getting a taste of his own medicine

The violent crime rate in Britain is 3 times higher than America but the Murder rate is 3 times higher in America.
    I know which statistic id rather be apart of if the worst comes to worst

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ted Nugent vs Piers is much more better, alex jones is just bad to listen too, he goes way off course on his ramblings.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    The violent crime rate in Britain is 3 times higher than America but the Murder rate is 3 times higher in America.
    I know which statistic id rather be apart of if the worst comes to worst
    In another thread Endus just pointed out something important about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You need to be sure you're actually comparing the same numbers. Most "violent crime" numbers I've seen from the US only include aggravated assaults or worse, where other nations include a wider range, which necessarily increases the per capita.

If you provide links to the two numbers you're basing that on, I could probably point out the shenanigans. Using the FBI's data for the US for 2010, for instance, the rate per 100,000 citizens was 403.6. This includes murder, nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. "Aggravated assault" requires the use of a weapon and/or serious bodily harm; so punching a guy out wouldn't qualify as "violent crime" according to the US statistics.

The numbers people are quoting from the UK include all types of assaults, not just the aggravated assaults. Half of all the "violent crimes" recorded in the lastest 2009/2010 data, for instance (49%, to be precise) involve no injury at all (Source, the Home Office's report, bottom of page 50)

In short; they're two completely different numbers, and you can't say "The UK is like 4-5 times as violent as the US" by using them. Not if you actually read the studies, rather than just snagged the numbers flagged as "violent crime" without reading what each study meant by "violent crime".

For random people posting on forums, that's probably just a case of you not reading the reports themselves. In the case of the reporters using those numbers in this manner, though, it's explicitly a deliberate attempt to mislead their audience as to the reality of the situation, to further the goals of those who fund them or their own political goals. They know better, or at least, they should.

Hell compared to CNN/FOX/MSN,
    CNN has very, very little bias.

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    CNN has very, very little bias.
    At least politically. They still have the same corporate bias that soaks American media.

In another thread Endus just pointed out something important about that
    Thats very useful info, didn't see the other thread sorry!
    Btw i am English