Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    And how many years from the Third War to Current day?
    Uh. Not sure. I think it's been eight years. I count it like this my self though. WoW is four years after WC3. tBC is one year after WoW. tBC, Warth, and Cata are all two years long. 4+1+2+2+2= 11 years. So if my math is right it should be Mist is eleven years after WC3.

In the end I feel I will need to do more research though.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-09 at 08:26 AM.

Honestly, minor things like that don't really matter. I don't really think High Elves have enough numbers lore-wise to constitute a playable race for the Alliance (not that Blood Elves really do either), but if a significant enough portion of the player base wants it and there's no lore reason not to do it, I say go ahead. I think the main thing is that it will look like Blizzard is running out of ideas even more than the current (lack of) story does. I mean, there's already a whole slew of subraces that could fit into the game just by adding a few new skins to existing races. Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs are a simple quick addition that would make a surprisingly large number of people happy, and there's no real reason not to do it.

I'm just waiting for certain classic and well-established races to become playable, most of which can be implemented as simply customization options for existing races. Dark Iron and Wildhammer Dwarves, Broken, High Elves and Wretched, Leper Gnomes, Vrykul, Ogres, Mag'har Orcs, Mok'nathal, Taunka and Yaungol, and several subraces of Troll. Not to mention entire new races that have reasonable reason to be added like Arakkoa, Ethereals, Furbolgs, and Tuskarr.
    My allies are my sword; I am their shield.

I took part in the RP Invasion, May 15, 2010

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Vermiliel Mauritius Dawnguardian View Post
    Honestly, minor things like that don't really matter. I don't really think High Elves have enough numbers lore-wise to constitute a playable race for the Alliance (not that Blood Elves really do either), but if a significant enough portion of the player base wants it and there's no lore reason not to do it, I say go ahead. I think the main thing is that it will look like Blizzard is running out of ideas even more than the current (lack of) story does. I mean, there's already a whole slew of subraces that could fit into the game just by adding a few new skins to existing races. Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs are a simple quick addition that would make a surprisingly large number of people happy, and there's no real reason not to do it.
    Numbers go after the war is: 90% Dead, 9% Blood Elves, and 1% High Elves.

We really don't need a third race of elves... two is already kinda pushing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    This. The number of Blood Elves is already too high if you look at it from a RP perspective.

And, I mean, do we really need more elves ? One elven race per faction is good enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    This. The number of Blood Elves is already too high if you look at it from a RP perspective.

And, I mean, do we really need more elves ? One elven race per faction is good enough.
    We didn't want those ugly Night Elves anyway. Besides there are still more High Elves than Darkspear Trolls alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    We really don't need a third race of elves... two is already kinda pushing it.
    Yeah, right now we have two elven races and three human races.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    ...tell me again how many Blue Dragons were left after Deathwing wiped them out and wounded Malygos?

...tell me again how many showed up at the start of WoW - to eventually be explained via retconning by Knaak's writing?

Deleted
    ...tell me again how many Blue Dragons were left after Deathwing wiped them out and wounded Malygos?

...tell me again how many showed up at the start of WoW - to eventually be explained via retconning by Knaak's writing?
    There are currently far more Blue Dragons alive than there are Bronze or Green Dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post

Yes and the player population is way to high on blood elves. But Blizzard can not limit player choices like that.

There where very low. I do not have the numbers there. As of Mist though the blue dragonflight is dispaned so there are even lass then before. Masking them the first flight to do this. If you do not count Black Dragons, which we most have hunted to near excitation.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-09 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

I have not seen any counters here at all. Just you saying you don't want/like it blah blah blah.

Again, check the wiki. Even that says they have physical differences.
    Then you're just choosing to ignore them. That or you've got a selective reading of the text.

I checked both wiki's and you know what they say? The only difference between the two are eye colour and paler skin depending on addiction level. Points already made and addressed countless times in this thread. There is already a wide belf skin tone range currently available for players from very pale to quite tanned and there could be a few more thrown in but this is more or less covered. You are acting like they are two separate races when they are not. They are still the same. Current lore (and by current i mean the out of date wiki information that you are also using) says they are on a path to become something else if the fel addiction is not addressed but this will take thousands of years. However considering the sunwell has been renewed, this is unlikely now.

I've said most of this before and this is the last time i'll say it because I'm getting tired of repeating myself. If you can't or don't choose to comprehend the information then I'm afraid I can't help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I want High Elves. It's my most desired race since WoW launched.

Why?
    I've played WarCraft II. High Elves supported the Alliance with archers and Destroyer warships. Alleria Windrunner, whose current status is to be revealed in WoW, was also sided with the Alliance.
    High Elf Units for the Alliance in WC2: Archer, Destroyer + Alleria

I've played WarCraft III + Frozen Throne and seen how Elven buildings look like, and I was fascinated. Of course, more story of them (and the Blood Elves) was told. Since then I hoped to see them in WoW some day.
    High Elf Units for the Human Faction in WC3: Priest, Sorceress (Spellbreaker = Blood Elf), built in Arcane Sanctum.

But I've only seen NPC high elves. However, even if they share a model with Blood Elves, they still have special blue eyes hinting they are not thirsting for mana like the Blood Elves - and many of them are blonde.
    And you do all know Blizzard. As long as a race is not tall in numbers they do not give them a unique model.
    High Elves will look great and different once they're playable.

Combinating all the game appearances & lore together, speaking as a whole race, I really desire High Elves to be playable.
    They are a classic, loyal Alliance member like the Dwarves (just an example) and deserve to be a playable race.

Now some other points

- Blizzard will have no problem to create a unique model for High Elves.
    - They are the Main Elven Faction besides the Night Elves. The Blood Elves are the subfaction of High Elves and already in game since two addons. Time to release the Main Faction
    - High Elves are not mana addictive the way the Blood Elves are. Thus, their bodies are not so slim like the ones of the Blood Elves (thinking of BE females).
    - In another thread, someone already mentioned the Silver Covenant.
    They have their own ships and weapons. They must come from somewhere and there is no known shipyard, is it?
    - Undiscovered region at the Plaguelands and Ghostlands, when you swim there it's called Quel'thalas. (search the other thread)

Everyone saying Blizzard should add entirely new races instead of a "recycled one" obviously didn't play the origins of World of Warcraft, namely the strategy Warcraft games.
    The High Elves have been a part of the Alliance since a long time, and as a classic ally they are worthy to be introduced as a playable race, and their untainted, proud (new) race capital is worth to be revealed one time.

Come on Horde players, you miss your Ogre faction too. Surely also the WC2 players which wreaked havoc with Ogres and Ogre Magi.
    So please accept we Alliance miss our old allies, too. And as they are not seen as often as your Ogres, we need them even more :P

As I said in other threads, when we see Alleria again it's time for the High Elves to step forward.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

What I really want is to have an Alliance "Broken Dranei"
    A Fel-Blood Orc, A Dark Iron Dwarf, Vrykul, Ogres, Defias Humans etc.

Playable characters that are not given their faction based on their race.

The Fringe races who could operate on mercenary terms with either side. Black sheeps of their races whose leaders have long since been vanquished now at the call of the highest bidder.

The High Elf concept would make the most sense if Dalaran would just stop locking them up every chance they got. Also if your going to make a poll keep it un-bias from the start. You began this hole deal explaining why it shouldn't happen. Just ask the damn question and leave.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-01-09 at 09:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    Yes, I want High Elves. It's my most desired race since WoW launched.

Why?
    I've played WarCraft II. High Elves supported the Alliance with archers and Destroyer warships. Alleria Windrunner, whose current status is to be revealed in WoW, was also sided with the Alliance.
    High Elf Units for the Alliance in WC2: Archer, Destroyer + Alleria

I've played WarCraft III + Frozen Throne and seen how Elven buildings look like, and I was fascinated. Of course, more story of them (and the Blood Elves) was told. Since then I hoped to see them in WoW some day.
    High Elf Units for the Human Faction in WC3: Priest, Sorceress (Spellbreaker = Blood Elf), built in Arcane Sanctum.

But I've only seen NPC high elves. However, even if they share a model with Blood Elves, they still have special blue eyes hinting they are not thirsting for mana like the Blood Elves - and many of them are blonde.
    And you do all know Blizzard. As long as a race is not tall in numbers they do not give them a unique model.
    High Elves will look great and different once they're playable.

Combinating all the game appearances & lore together, speaking as a whole race, I really desire High Elves to be playable.
    They are a classic, loyal Alliance member like the Dwarves (just an example) and deserve to be a playable race.

Now some other points

- Blizzard will have no problem to create a unique model for High Elves.
    - They are the Main Elven Faction besides the Night Elves. The Blood Elves are the subfaction of High Elves and already in game since two addons. Time to release the Main Faction
    - High Elves are not mana addictive the way the Blood Elves are. Thus, their bodies are not so slim like the ones of the Blood Elves (thinking of BE females).
    - In another thread, someone already mentioned the Silver Covenant.
    They have their own ships and weapons. They must come from somewhere and there is no known shipyard, is it?
    - Undiscovered region at the Plaguelands and Ghostlands, when you swim there it's called Quel'thalas. (search the other thread)

Everyone saying Blizzard should add entirely new races instead of a "recycled one" obviously didn't play the origins of World of Warcraft, namely the strategy Warcraft games.
    The High Elves have been a part of the Alliance since a long time, and as a classic ally they are worthy to be introduced as a playable race, and their untainted, proud (new) race capital is worth to be revealed one time.

Come on Horde players, you miss your Ogre faction too. Surely also the WC2 players which wreaked havoc with Ogres and Ogre Magi.
    So please accept we Alliance miss our old allies, too. And as they are not seen as often as your Ogres, we need them even more :P

As I said in other threads, when we see Alleria again it's time for the High Elves to step forward.
    I will be honest. There is only reason I do not want High Elves as a player race. I hate that blood and high elves are divided and I want to see a reunite Que'Thalas. The only why I believe this can happen is if High Elves never get add as a player race.

Also Blood Elves might be a sub-spices. They are still the majority.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-09 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Blood elves already make up the vast majority of the horde on my server and seeing 80% of the alliance race change to them would ruin the game for me. Id probably quit if all i could see were belf everywhere.

i´m not that much into lore, but for me high elves doesnt sound like a race at ll, but rather than some elves with another set of lifeplan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wants to play alliance for a change, to see their quests!

And honestly, I just crave for a high elf/blood elf war. The idea of flesh against flesh is just something that the game doesn't really have. Huojin/Tushi don't have the same rich story of animosity, the same dynamic of hatred and resentment. The fight between blood elves and high has been building from almost a decade in game and has finally exploded with the purge of Dalaran, and I want to play that from both sides; I want to see elven blood spilled, their choices coming to a violent denouement.

Please WoW, give me this!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    No. Blood elves already make up the vast majority of the horde on my server and seeing 80% of the alliance race change to them would ruin the game for me. Id probably quit if all i could see were belf everywhere.
    LOL 80% of Alliance won't switch. Not even 40%, as the Alliance has much more choices in decent looking races than the Horde, such as Humans and Draenei. Humans will most likely remain the majority choice of players.

Deleted
    with all that was happening in dalaran and the return of the kirin'tor as an alliance race i really hope for playable high elves soons.

on the other hand they could just add the high elf skin as an option for "human" ... yeah i know that would hardly make any sense... but those two are interbreedable (hope that's the right word) and i guess their available classes would be the same.

when implementing that change blizz would have to unlock other race skins ...
    like Wretched Blood Elves skin for the Forsaken
    Mag'har for Orcs
    Taunka for Tauren
    Tatoos for Dwarves (Wildhammer Clan)

and so on ...
    in general i'd like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

They're imho one of the most important races in WoW and have since WC2 been a staple of the Alliance's general appearance and story. I wouldn't care if they were just Blood Elves with blue eyes as I just don't see that as something that will really hold them back.

I also don't believe the numbers game is that detrimental to this question. Other races in WoW are rare but that hasn't stopped them from playing major roles in the story such as the Blue Dragonflight or even the Darkspear Trolls which have always been a single small Tribe that faced many threats upon it's introduction to the Horde which have otherwise reduced their population in a large way Kul Tiras attacking on their home island, Kul Tiras attacking again, Zalazane and now Garrosh attempt to cull them.

They are rare. But I feel this can only add to the experience. Playing a dwindling race is always great as it definitely adds a unique aesthetic to them. It would also keep the embers hot on Blood Elf lore. We've also always seen the odd High Elf dotted around an Alliance base so with the addition of them being playable I don't think it would change much.