Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Agree with this (though I'd add a couple more races which are strongly faction based; blood elves are obviously not) and also the idea of making high elves a possible subrace for "night elf". But I'd prefer them as a new race. Defecting blood elves can certainly add to their numbers, and elves are capable of adjusting their breeding rates if other settings are anything to go by, e.g. the drow.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 06:00 PM ----------

A third or "neutral" faction would be nice but I don't see Blizzard doing it.
    A third faction would be awesome in my opinion =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've liked two sets of factions, so four in total, each capped at four races. If they had ever made a WoW 2.0 that'd have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    The Pandaren are obviously an alliance race- it was even intended to be in BC instead of Space Goats. They are Panda bears, and needed to be written in such a way that some ended up allied with the horde.
    Obviously! It's not like Chen Stormstout helped Rexxar in the founding of orgrimmar or anythin... oh wait!

I'd rather skip the overthinking and accept why, lore-wise, High Elves would join the Alliance.

As a RPG DM, it troubles me when I plan something to see my players saying "He did this because he was mad about our soccer game earlier" / "This NPC is for sure invincible, knowing our DM", "Only reason this Paladin ran away is because our DM likes him and doesn't want to see him dead".

I'm into the "Accept and move on". When I read a book I don't start overthinking what the author wanted when adding a scene or introducing a new character. Just accept it that it was designed that way and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Query: exactly how does making High Elves playable force you to play one?
    It doesn't. It does however make high elfs more powerful as a faction.

After the events of dalaran they should be purged for betraying their belf brethren in favour of a crazy alliance witch. Not be given more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    It doesn't. It does however make high elfs more powerful as a faction.

After the events of dalaran they should be purged for betraying their belf brethren in favour of a crazy alliance witch. Not be given more power.
    It's because the events in Dalaran I want them as playable, I want to play an all out war between high elves and blood elves. Complete and utter civil war where the players lead the events. That's something we haven't got in WoW.

Um, high elves don't have fucking blood elf racials. THEY aren't addicted to goddamned magic.

Also, horde already have an alliance race, pandaren. Not even a reskin or recolor!
    They would probably have similar racials. Blood Elves dont have very many anyway, actually the least in number of all races. High Elves are addicted to magic they just chose not to use demons to kick their withdrawal.

Also Pandaren are more a Horde race since they were only playable in a Horde WC3 campaign. I would compromise and say they dont really belong to either faction.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Blizz would have to retcon the entire BElf/HElf storyline in order to make them have a unique model.

If they don't have a unique model, they are not a new race in my eyes. This is WoW, not EQ2, every race has a unique model and animations.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    i see your point ... but i think that's one step too far concerning accessability for casuals ...
    I was not making a point but I can see how that would be. I really just wanted female warlocks to be called witches haha .
    Um, high elves don't have fucking blood elf racials. THEY aren't addicted to goddamned magic.

Also, horde already have an alliance race, pandaren. Not even a reskin or recolor!
    They would be. The only different would be that blood elves steal magic (Arcane Torrent) and high elves mediated. Two ways to fight addiction, but arcane resistance and arcane affinity would be there for both races. Physically there the same. Only eye color being different.

I do like to think up new things like this for fun, so I came up with 3 new racials for high elves last night. Has to be 3 has blood elves only have 3.
    Arcane adept: Increase mana pool by 5%. Arcane Insight: Increase Inscription by 10%. and Arcane Focus: Mediated restoring mana (works like water so they would never need to carry any). On a none mana class it would work different. (Wars and DKs would get more rage/RP off of there abilities) (Hunters/Rogues/Monks(none Mistweavers) would get faster regain for a few seconds)
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-09 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There are currently far more Blue Dragons alive than there are Bronze or Green Dragons.
    That's my point... the blues were originally extinct prior to WoW Vanilla...

But now they're all over the damn place - particularly Northrend.

Just because there's only a few remaining high-elves doesn't mean there not going to create some Mcguffin explanation for their suddenly being more of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice. But technically I think there are far too few of them.

It wouldn't make sense to see them running around everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    No.

Blizz would have to retcon the entire BElf/HElf storyline in order to make them have a unique model.
    What was the retconned story that explained why Worgen, Goblins and Belfs received unique models?

Obivously you must've started around BC - because Belfs/High Elves did NOT have unique models originally.

Either way, I think this is a moot point for two reasons:

1) We don't need another race of pretty Elves

2) Judging by the Pandaren, it's more than most likely we'll only be getting cross-faction neutral races from this point on in an effort to save design/labor time/costs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

See my post JUST above yours about the Blue Dragons. :P

If they're Alliance, yes. I love the Blood Elf animations but I'm an Alliance player so I don't have Blood Elves. QQ

Obviously I don't actually expect this to happen, but hey, a man can dream.

Deleted

Darkspear trolls are equally low in population. Besides there are lots of other things that don't fit, like Forsaken Holy Priests, Human/Draenei Shadow Priests etc.

Don't see the point. Would rather they toy around with Blood Elves, make them neutral like pandas. Then you can play an Alliance Blood Elf. There's not too much of a problem with the story seeing as they've already had talks planned with Varian(dashed by Jaina, unfortunately), you'd just have to neutralise something from the Alliance side, and Draenei would be perfectly fine for that with their "the Legion is so much bigger than all of us" spiel.

10+ Year Old Account

The only concrete numbers that exist (the RPG books) said that it was around 25,000 - after Theramore, this number would drop to 20 to 21,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    2) Judging by the Pandaren, it's more than most likely we'll only be getting cross-faction neutral races from this point on in an effort to save design/labor time/costs.
    I greatly doubt that's why Pandarens are neutral. Both sides of players wanted them to the point that if they where one side it would have cause a storm of QQs we are not ready for.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-09 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give me a Thalassian elf of some description on Alliance, damn it.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    I greatly doubt that's why Pandarens are neutral. Both sides of players wanted them to the point that if they where one side it would have cause a storm of QQs we are not ready for.
    Like the storm of QQ when it was announced that Blood Elves would be Horde?