Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "Originally, all orcs were brown-skinned, ranging from a bark-like brown to reddish-brown. However, with the exception of the isolated Mag'har, their bodies reacted to their exposure to warlock magic once it was introduced by Gul'dan. All orcs with warlocks in their clan found their skin slowly turning green before they were ever offered the blood of the demon Mannoroth." - from Rise of the Horde.
    Mhmm. Red skin comes form the ones that toke it to the next level.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wanted High Elves to be part of the Alliance. They wouldn't have the same personalities that the Blood Elves got. Because Horde got Blood Elves, I no longer want High Elves in the Alliance.

Original Alliance races should have been Humans, High Elves, Night Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes.
    Original Horde races should have been Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, Undead and Tauren.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    Problem with that was the backstabbers were talking to Varian about rejoining the alliance, meanwhile Theramore which they built the bomb for, and then helping the horde get the bell through Dalaran. I'd never play one ever. People say the Horde are not bad guys in this game.. Belfs are.
    So behaviour of rl nations is bad now? Since that is pretty much how Quel'thalas acts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another Draenei? All your high lvls are Draenei already. Maybe try a male panda monk.
    Tehee, you noticed. I just can't resist them. ^_^
    Male panda would be cool I guess, but not as a healer.

All orcs with warlocks in their clan found their skin slowly turning green before they were ever offered the blood of the demon Mannoroth.
    Red skin is only achieved through drinking demon blood. That's why your Orcs got all red and cranky AFTER they drank from the poisoned well in WC III.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Mhmm. Red skin comes form the ones that toke it to the next level.
    Doesn't change the fact the green skinned Orcs are tainted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I wanted High Elves to be part of the Alliance. They wouldn't have the same personalities that the Blood Elves got. Because Horde got Blood Elves, I no longer want High Elves in the Alliance.

Original Alliance races should have been Humans, High Elves, Night Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes.
    Original Horde races should have been Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, Undead and Tauren.
    All high elves would most likely be blood elves then if they stayed on the Alliances. Why they way you put it makes sens. Its not what Blizzard did haha. Though I am sure this way would have made things easier. With change to Dreanai lore, could have put them on the Horde.

All high elves would most likely be blood elves then if they stayed on the Alliances. Why they way you put it makes sens. Its not what Blizzard did haha. Though I am sure this way would have made things easier. With change to Dreanai lore, could have put them on the Horde.
    They could've alternatively stayed with the old interpretation of Draenei. Dunno about anyone else, but I find Lost Ones/Broken more visually interesting than Draenei.

Would raise the question of shaman/paladin interfactionalism(i love making up words) though.

Nope. We definitely don't need a third race of elves. If you're seriously too bothered by Horde to play Belf then Nelf is good enough on Alliance side. There is no reason to make yet another elven race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    snip*
    If they do though, I want Horde Ogres and Mag'har skins for Orcs, or maybe multi-race skins for Forsaken.
    You read my mind. Additionally I would love Dragonmaw clan orc-style black skins. (Orc DK has this option)
    OP: Two Elven races are imo enough.

So Lore wise - makes sense.

Numbers wise - Do we even need to dispute this with how low the Darkspear trolls are? Or Gnomes even?

Looks - they could certainly look different, over a long period of time, and radically different life experiences after the schism.

Easily added with Dalaran becoming an Alliance city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    They could've alternatively stayed with the old interpretation of Draenei. Dunno about anyone else, but I find Lost Ones/Broken more visually interesting than Draenei.

Would raise the question of shaman/paladin interfactionalism(i love making up words) though.
    I have a friend who wish the dreanei where still the broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like make a High Elf but if they decide to never add High Elves to be playable I'd be ok with that too. It's not really something I've wanted but something I would've just liked to have.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Um, high elves don't have fucking blood elf racials. THEY aren't addicted to goddamned magic.

Also, horde already have an alliance race, pandaren. Not even a reskin or recolor!
    Wowwiki says you're wrong;
    The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced, 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War.[1] Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to "blood elves" in remembrance of their fallen brethren, and no longer consider themselves high elven.[2] Around 25,000 true high elves remain, most of whom cling to the Alliance trying to restore the glory of their once great people...All high elves, regardless of class, status or upbringing, are addicted to magic, and all have some small proficiency in it. Unlike blood elves who succumb to it, high elves actively fight their addiction and are required to meditate at least an hour every day to maintain personal control. The high elves are not proud of this addiction, and take pains to keep it a secret. Being close to Moon Wells will satiate the addiction, as will the use of certain magical items, though it should be noted Night Elves do their best to keep high elves away from the Well and magical objects that provide the same result are rare.
    If a high elf resorts to feeding off something else to sate the addiction, then they cross the line from high elf to blood elf. Contrary to popular belief, magical addiction is not fatal in and of itself (the only elves who have actually died from withdrawal were either elderly, very young, or already ill).
    As does Wowpedia;
    Like blood elves, high elves can use arcane magic, but most do not because most high elves are not spellcasters. Whether or not they are spellcasters, all high elves are suffering acute pangs of withdrawal in the absence of the Sunwell's energies. A few high elves here and there have realized the cause of their distress; others have not. A crucial difference between high elves and blood elves is that no high elves have decided to feed their hunger for arcane magic by draining that magic from alternative sources (during the time when the Sunwell was useless). Even today, though, a high elf might still succumb to that addiction and become one of the blood elves. Yet with the reigniting of the Sunwell, the pangs of the addiction felt are being eased and more high elves are no longer tempted to succumb to their own addiction.[23]
    Same race, same addiction, same racials.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

15+ Year Old Account
    Also high elves are too small to even be a faction/race, it is like if the wild dwarves were playable.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's just the story that Blizzard decided to go with for that race. You know that if they were Alliance High Elves then they would have been pure and holy. They had to add a more crazed personality to them for Horde. So they decided to make them obsessed with magic and power hungry. Blood Elves are traitors and I don't care for them one bit.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Wowwiki says you're wrong;

As does Wowpedia;

Same race, same addiction, same racials.
    "Unlike blood elves who succumb to it, high elves actively fight their addiction and are required to meditate at least an hour every day to maintain personal control. The high elves are not proud of this addiction, and take pains to keep it a secret. "

Except that little section makes you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    It's just the story that Blizzard decided to go with for that race. You know that if they were Alliance High Elves then they would have been pure and holy. They had to add a more crazed personality to them for Horde. So they decided to make them obsessed with magic and power hungry. Blood Elves are traitors and I don't care for them one bit.
    The elves have always been obsessed with magic, which is why they were exiled from Kalimdor in the first place. The sunreavers betrayed the Kirin Tor recently, otherwise I don't recall any real treachery.

Where is this thread even coming from? Has this debate been coming up lately at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Unlike blood elves who succumb to it, high elves actively fight their addiction and are required to meditate at least an hour every day to maintain personal control. The high elves are not proud of this addiction, and take pains to keep it a secret.

Except that little section makes you wrong.
    Too bad he is right, many high elves used artifacts to sate their hunger. They simply refused to draw it from living beings.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=10028

No, Id rather have new races. Already have several Night Elves and Blood Elves.

If they really want to put them in the Alliance that bad I hope they just make it a skin or 2 for Night Elves when they update the models.