Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I found it quite easy to check out the game again, took around 5 minutes to click client download on the website and then appear in the game. Hooray for streaming clients.

It also didn't eat my daily quota of 15gigs because of this. If you're on a little slower connection than I am (100/100mb) it might take a bit longer to get playable status but it's not too bad.

P.S. Quotas suck. Thank god it's included in rent, wouldn't pay for it rofl.
    Last edited by Thes; 2013-01-14 at 05:15 PM.

UPDATE:

Alright, so i tried out Rift, and Ive got to say, its not bad. Though one thing that completely killed it for me in my opinion is the waiting times for dungeon ques. I was actually going to sub to trion, but idk anymore, because Ive been literally, waiting in a que for a hour and a half. I just hope that the waiting times go down, because I really do not feel like being a tank or healer.

Quote Originally Posted by yack346 View Post
    UPDATE:

Alright, so i tried out Rift, and Ive got to say, its not bad. Though one thing that completely killed it for me in my opinion is the waiting times for dungeon ques. I was actually going to sub to trion, but idk anymore, because Ive been literally, waiting in a que for a hour and a half. I just hope that the waiting times go down, because I really do not feel like being a tank or healer.
    Are you in queue for the first dungeon, and are you queuing only as dps?

As with all trinity based games, DPS have pretty long queue times, and Support generally do as well. As for low level players for low level dungeons...it's pretty barren. The game is just too end-game focused, so the 1-50 experience is pretty much a solo experience sadly. Thankfully they've sped it up quite a bit, but it could stand to be sped up a bit more for new players to blast through to zones were there are actually people about.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Are you in queue for the first dungeon, and are you queuing only as dps?
    Yeah Im only in que for dps and for first dungeon, as for I am only lvl 15. I can also only que as dps because of the spec Im in as my warrior. I already tried switching specs, but I can still only que as dps for some odd reason. Really need to get into a dungeon though, because this is really my last hope for this game. Dungeons is what I was also looking forward to the most in Rift, but since it is taking 1h+ just for one dungeon its going to be pretty hard for me to get used to the fact that it will take this long. Is their a way to speed up the que? besides going as tank or healer. And is pvp a good way of leveling? i tried instand adventures, but those get repetitive pretty fast. Quests I know are also good (coming from a year and a half of WoW). Anyways, anyone who want to help me, play with me can friend me. Name: Dragonblods. Server: Deepwood

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Im only in que for dps and for first dungeon, as for I am only lvl 15. I can also only que as dps because of the spec
    This is your problem. You expect a low level queue for a dps to be instant. This isn't World of Warcraft. There aren't 200k - 1 million people you can be matched with right now. In a game that just launched an expansion and no one is really playing low characters other than new players. It's not an accurate reflection of how the game is.

Also, I can queue as a dps in WoW on a high pop server for raids or dungeons and still wait 30-40 minutes. It's just what you sign up for when you decide to DPS.

Especially for 1-50, quests, quests quests are the way to go. Participate in any of the zone invasions where you are questing and seal all the rifts you feel like closing. It should be no problem keeping up the variety as you progress. At the end of the day, you are going to be killing things until you hit max. That's just the nature of the beast.

UPDATE:

I doesn't get better. Either tank or make friends with one. Even at 60 I sit in que for 45+ minutes sometimes if I que as DPS only, by myself. Tanking is actually really easy though, so if i really wanna run one, I que as tank, then ask if anyone else wants to tank. Sometimes they do. Otherwise, I usually que with a full guild group anyway.

Also, the vast majority of the players are at 60, there are not a lot at 15 anymore, so you may be SOL for low level dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This is your problem. You expect a low level queue for a dps to be instant. This isn't World of Warcraft. There aren't 200k - 1 million people you can be matched with right now.
    I wouldnt expect any queue tin any game to be instant. I just wish that que's would be a bit shorter. I know I have to deal with this. Though one of the only reasons that is keeping me from subbing to Trion is this, and this is what I was looking forward to the most in Rift. Is the que a bit better the higher level you are?

Deleted
    I wouldnt expect any queue tin any game to be instant. I just wish that que's would be a bit shorter. I know I have to deal with this. Though one of the only reasons that is keeping me from subbing to Trion is this, and this is what I was looking forward to the most in Rift. Is the que a bit better the higher level you are?
    yes it is a bit better.
    i queued as dps for an expert at 60lvl and waited 30mins on queue,its not bad in my opinion
    Also it would help if u find a good social guild with ppl that will help you and at low level dungeons, as higher lvl players can join as mentors and at level 60 dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    It was ok when I played it as my main game and had been used to it from leveling, but last I returned to RIFT(some time last year) the amount of buttons on my mage character was off putting. I don't mean I want a one two button class or soul spec, but I'm pretty sure at least 3 bars were filled with spells.
    Maybe that's part of the reason I've been unwilling to return to RIFT again :|
    Surrounded by idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    ..., but I'm pretty sure at least 3 bars were filled with spells.
    But you don't have to use all the spells you're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    But you don't have to use all the spells you're getting.
    Unless you are a stormcaller

QQ

It was ok when I played it as my main game and had been used to it from leveling, but last I returned to RIFT(some time last year) the amount of buttons on my mage character was off putting. I don't mean I want a one two button class or soul spec, but I'm pretty sure at least 3 bars were filled with spells.
    I know what you mean, but if you sit down for ~1 hour, you can clean up your UI bars and rearrange all spells properly.

I started a new rogue when I re-activated rift because I didn't want to figure my mage out, leveled 1-40 super quick through pvp (and occasional dungeon), then went back to mage, realized I can easily bind most abilities into macros, and they even make it easy for you by grouping all the spells by their function in your abilities menu (e.g.: buffs/combat buffs/damage/control, etc).

My necro/ele pet master right now has 4 buttons. Single target dps, aoe dps, Ignite, Necrosis.

Get the free trial to see if your PC can handle it. It has higher performance requirements than WoW. My PC, unfortunately, makes the game feel unpleasantly stuttery, particularly when panning the camera in complex environments.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

One of my mage specs relies mostly on a 3 button rotation for ST. Two are 5-7. One is closer to 12. You use the spells that work best, not all the spells you have. That's been true since the lowest levels and the earliest days.

rift is a really great game. i just wish more people played it. i loved raiding in it. its to bad the first set of raids were kind of easy which turned off the masses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epictankz View Post
    rift is a really great game. i just wish more people played it. i loved raiding in it. its to bad the first set of raids were kind of easy which turned off the masses.
    Maybe after they were nerfed. Most certainly not at launch.

Deleted
    Is it easy to get back into? I played very casually, I think I might of hit max level before Storm Legion, can't remember. However, I'm wondering if it's worth buying the expansion? I'm a huge completest in games, has anything been removed (achievement mounts, etc) or is everything still available?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Is it easy to get back into? I played very casually, I think I might of hit max level before Storm Legion, can't remember. However, I'm wondering if it's worth buying the expansion? I'm a huge completest in games, has anything been removed (achievement mounts, etc) or is everything still available?
    I don't think anything has really been removed. Maybe some of the event specific achievements, but that's about it.

Definitely give it a go. Rift is fresh and beautiful and the amount of customization and talent choices of all the classes give them a really unique feel. And there's nothing like that excitement/fear of feeling like a noob again and experiencing everything for the first time!

I've only got time to play one MMO and my WoW addiction is just far to deep. But if I wasn't playing WoW it would definitely be Rift.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm a huge completest in games, has anything been removed (achievement mounts, etc) or is everything still available?
    Then you will find the achievements, grind, and collectibles are right up your alley. When I start to look at everything I need to start working on when I hit 60 my eyes grow wide. It's really unbelievable. This is coming from someone who has 'done it all' in WoW and though I still enjoy it, missed the mystery, excitement, and wealth of things to pursue.

This game has all of that.