Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Is it easy to get back into? I played very casually, I think I might of hit max level before Storm Legion, can't remember. However, I'm wondering if it's worth buying the expansion? I'm a huge completest in games, has anything been removed (achievement mounts, etc) or is everything still available?
    Sadly there are mounts - that although are still ingame, I don't think you can get the currency you need to buy those anymore. First cool mount I see that I like ingame - only to be told by everyone and their brother that you can't get that mount anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    ... - only to be told by everyone and their brother that you can't get that mount anymore...
    At least not at the moment.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see a return of Techno-Spider and Sparkle-Pony at the next RIFT birthday. ;]
    Or other mounts/pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    At least not at the moment.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see a return of Techno-Spider and Sparkle-Pony at the next RIFT birthday. ;]
    Or other mounts/pets.
    Yeah, I recall reading somewhere, a while back, probably won't find it again, that when they "took away" those things from the world event merchant it was really just to make room for some other stuff and that they would be back with their world events the next time around.

Edit:change zone to world, derp.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God I hope so. There's nothing I want more in Rift right now than that Nebula Equine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    God I hope so. There's nothing I want more in Rift right now than that Nebula Equine.
    It's still on the event trader NPC. Currency for it is not but I expect it will be during the carnival coming soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    It's still on the event trader NPC. Currency for it is not but I expect it will be during the carnival coming soon.
    Are all events similar in structure to how Fae Yule has gone? To that I mean, where there are daily quests for you to do themed things, but you can also earn the currency by actually getting out in the world and doing your normal stuff. I really felt like this was the first holiday in an MMO that was entwined with the actual game instead of some crappy side activity where you are forced to do the same terrible quests year over year in order to get a handful of items.

I found that I was able to get everything I wanted and had the potential to get literally everything if I chose. That part was very well done. Leveling 1-50 during Fae Yule was awesome.

..., but you can also earn the currency by actually getting out in the world and doing your normal stuff. I really felt like this was the first holiday in an MMO that was entwined with the actual game instead of some crappy side activity where you are forced to do the same terrible quests year over year in order to get a handful of items.
    I only say... Piñata!

Ah, was not aware they were still on vendor. Also, save up your snowflakes, even if you have everything you want/need. During one of the World Events there is a merchant that allows you to trade currencies for other currencies. So you can buy from any event.

Deleted
    The higher level you get in rift, the more you notice the difference between the two games. to start off with it will seem so similar to wow but especially 50-60 the game feels completely different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are all events similar in structure to how Fae Yule has gone? To that I mean, where there are daily quests for you to do themed things, but you can also earn the currency by actually getting out in the world and doing your normal stuff. I really felt like this was the first holiday in an MMO that was entwined with the actual game instead of some crappy side activity where you are forced to do the same terrible quests year over year in order to get a handful of items.

I found that I was able to get everything I wanted and had the potential to get literally everything if I chose. That part was very well done. Leveling 1-50 during Fae Yule was awesome.
    They change up the activities up from year to year (Fae Yule activities were different from last years) but I think they use the same currencies from the previous years so you should be able to get what you missed last year and new stuff they add this year if you're fairly active. Typically there will always be the event currencies dropping from Rifts as well as you see currently with the snowflakes. The only things I don't think you can get are the CE mounts (unless you pony up some cash, see what I did there?) and the limited time armored tiger mount they sold which came with the Asian release of Rift.

I've not checked if every single event item is still available but I did see the piston spider mount and the nebula mount I think they are 5 coins which you could get one per day during the last carnival event last year or possibly another one, can't recall.

Deleted
    They change up the activities up from year to year (Fae Yule activities were different from last years) but I think they use the same currencies from the previous years so you should be able to get what you missed last year and new stuff they add this year if you're fairly active. Typically there will always be the event currencies dropping from Rifts as well as you see currently with the snowflakes. The only things I don't think you can get are the CE mounts (unless you pony up some cash, see what I did there?) and the limited time armored tiger mount they sold which came with the Asian release of Rift.

I've not checked if every single event item is still available but I did see the piston spider mount and the nebula mount I think they are 5 coins which you could get one per day during the last carnival event last year or possibly another one, can't recall.
    You can get the CE spindrel mount through raptr, but the other 2 mounts you have to buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    there will always be the event currencies dropping from Rifts as well as you see currently with the snowflakes.
    This was one of the things I liked the most...along with the trees that spawned in some zones. I like benig able to close rifts and do things you would normally do, but still be rewarded with currency from the event.

Is rift free2play yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ducklino4 View Post
    Is rift free2play yet?
    No,

You made account here to post that?

Quote Originally Posted by ducklino4 View Post
    Is rift free2play yet?
    Only to level 20 with Rift Lite. Other than that, still going strong and growing.

I don't play Rift so I have a question...with the way the specs/souls work what's to stop everyone from playing the most optimal one in PvP or PvE? Won't everyone just be running around with the same build because it's the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I don't play Rift so I have a question...with the way the specs/souls work what's to stop everyone from playing the most optimal one in PvP or PvE? Won't everyone just be running around with the same build because it's the best?
    Fist off, name an MMO that doesn't happen in. People will play what the best is. However, on my rogue for example, I have 4-5 specs I switch between. Yeah, if I am ST DPSing the boss I am in the MM/RNG build that is considered the best, non bugged, spec currently. If I am AoEing though, I am in Tactman. I also Bard frequently and have a tank spec for Experts.

Now, granted, each of those specs is pretty much set, and most other Ranged DPSers will be using the MM/RNG I use, AoEers use The same Tact build I use or Sab. Tanks have a little bit of variety in the sub-souls they choose, bust still gonna be 61 RS. Bard there is a little variation as well, some use 61 Bard, 10 NB, 5 Sin, others use 61 Bard/15 Tact and still others use a Tact/Bard Hybrid I am less familiar with.

I can't speak much for PvP as I really don't PvP much. I use a NB/RS, a Bard/RS or my MM/Rng with a different pet when I do PvP.

Now, that is really only if you a raider. If you mostly do open world stuff, or just 5-mans, or are in a more casual raiding guild, you can play as whatever you want really. I meet people with all sorts of specs they devised. They may be sub-optimal, but they are having fun with it. Really, you can get away with a lot in Rift, unless you are in a top end guild going for world firsts.

So yeah, kinda, but you get a lot of variety and will find yourself switching specs a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lathais hit a lot of key points and the truth is that Rift has more possibilities of what you are capable of. Obviously min maxers are going to min max. That's a pretty moot point. For the rest of the people playing the game, it's pretty much the sky's the limit on what you can do. Obviously you can't randomly throw points all over three trees and some have more synergy than others, but there aren't a lot of *great* resources out there for every class and spec. You have to go out on your own and try out builds.

With the ability to have so many different specs and change on a moment's notice, there's no reason not to. Even in WoW, which has some diversity, you can play any spec and accomplish most things. Nothing prevents you from playing how you want to in this game, unless you want to be a competitive world first raider. But like I said, moot point because that's the way that always is.
    BAD WOLF

Because for different fights, there are different "best specs".
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -