Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Like dailies now? They suck, but provided the most efficient way to grind Valor/rep unlike Mech there is no alternative
    Raids, dungeons, scenarios and challenge modes offer a pretty good alternative for valor generation. How bad do you need the rep? (Source)
    Is that serious? If you don't grind the rep the valor is worthless to any fresh 90s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    Is that serious? If you don't grind the rep the valor is worthless to any fresh 90s.
    If you level by questing and your main has bought the grand commendations, you'll probably hit Revered with Klaxxi and Shadopan by the time you get to level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Did I read that correct? I can't get another Eye of the Black Prince after I've used it?
    Good to know after I used it on my 2h weapon, instead of waiting for Kil'rak to drop.
    The blue info is incorrect/out-of-date.

You can buy a new one from the Valor Quartermaster for 2500G, minus guild bonus. I confirmed this yesterday after I finished Chapter II.

I'm fairly certain ilvl will be at least 480 for the new LFR. Hitting 480 is easily done, especially if you are a casual player that engages in the various dailies and only LFR. You get 489 for basic rep rewards and the new KW dailies are throwing 496 at you. My warrior alt has done LFR a whopping 3 times (MSV), 2 times (HoF) and 4 times in TES and is already sporting 481 and hasn't hit Honored with Dominance yet. My rogue is at 482 with 6 weeks LFR, and my paladin at 479 with 5 weeks. I waited a little while before starting LFR, fearing what I heard that drops were rare in LFR and people never get gear and groups were many times horrible - of course I found out that most people were simply telling fibs, except that last part... players are still pretty bad.

In all honesty, given the level of player aptitude I've seen in TES on many fights, I think a good number of runs should be a prerequisite before allowing people to just herp the next tier of content, and this comes from having to run previous tiers waiting on drops. 472 was required for HoF/TES, so it's not unreasonable to ask casual players to gear up a bit more. Especially since there's so many easy ways to retain the gear now; Reps, LFR, Crafted pieces, BMAH, and even PvP T1 gear.
    Last edited by Idletime; 2013-01-09 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Posts like what GC did for the 8 year old kid really show he's a good guy. Idk why everyone hates on GC, he takes a lot of shit for nothing. He knows what he's doing, he wants what the players want, a good game.
    I 100% agree.

The problem is it is so much easier to hate.

Also people see that they don't do the exact thing that they want and they go "OMG Blizzard is so full of broken promises and they never ever listen to the player base ever" even though just as many people where asking for what they did.

You can never please everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    I'm fairly certain ilvl will be at least 480 for the new LFR. Hitting 480 is easily done, especially if you are a casual player that engages in the various dailies and only LFR. You get 489 for basic rep rewards and the new KW dailies are throwing 496 at you. My warrior alt has done LFR a whopping 3 times (MSV), 2 times (HoF) and 4 times in TES and is already sporting 481 and hasn't hit Honored with Dominance yet. My rogue is at 482 with 6 weeks LFR, and my paladin at 479 with 5 weeks. I waited a little while before starting LFR, fearing what I heard that drops were rare in LFR and people never get gear and groups were many times horrible - of course I found out that most people were simply telling fibs, except that last part... players are still pretty bad.

In all honesty, given the level of player aptitude I've seen in TES on many fights, I think a good number of runs should be a prerequisite before allowing people to just herp the next tier of content, and this comes from having to run previous tiers waiting on drops. 472 was required for HoF/TES, so it's not unreasonable to ask casual players to gear up a bit more. Especially since there's so many easy ways to retain the gear now; Reps, LFR, Crafted pieces, BMAH, and even PvP T1 gear.
    Random is random. Its obvious that the goal from BLizzard this expansion is to "make it a journey" where journey means you have to stay subbed and do certain things every week to progress. How this will work when new players will come in mid expansion - and ppl with their alts as well still buying 489 gear for 1000 valor per week ... is still not clear.

Its a new system and Blizzard have shown so far that they have been unable to support their new systems in resonable way in past 2 expansions when it comes to LFG or LFR. They obviously had some goals with these new systems but forgot that players determine how these systems work ... not developer ideas.

The part about the journey tho.. It has to be intresting enough to work for 2 years. Cause we know next expansion is 2 years away. So far no WOW expansion has been able to keep the journey going that long. And it seems grinding and extra gated content is the only way Blizzards see this as possible instead of making good and fun game to play.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-01-09 at 05:12 PM.

Defense of the Alehouse. DotA. Heh heh. Blizzard, you clever rascals.

10+ Year Old Account
    10k... the gem.. ouch. ill wait till i get a normal/heroic wep instead of putting it in a lfr weapon..

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I don't think you've done this dailies at all.
    I did it to revered. And the only thing close to a story if flying on some kite and then clean some campsite.

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    10k... the gem.. ouch. ill wait till i get a normal/heroic wep instead of putting it in a lfr weapon..
    It was 10k before as well. You can just get it from a vendor now.

Which in turn means that reputation discounts apply.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trinora View Post
    I did it to revered. And the only thing close to a story if flying on some kite and then clean some campsite.
    Then you missed the best part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah indeed, but thats makes me certain to not put it into a lfr weapon haha

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Have I missed something

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Yay for alts.

Sadly this is the push i needed to lvl all chars to 90.
    What is it in thie news post that is so alt-friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfskar View Post
    What is it in thie news post that is so alt-friendly?
    LFR droprates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I have done them..... and there is no real story in the 5.1 dailies.
    August celestials is just fighting some dudes to train...... gl, i don't see any story going there also... at some point you get the weapons of the thunderking, but how that is linked to the dailies before that, beats me.
    Klaxxi, just a lot of killing..... untill exalted... no progress in any story.

The 5.2 ones, yeah there I have a sense of some progression.
    Except the ones you're talking about are the 5.0 dailies. And even those had a little bit of story that you obviously failed to read (seriously? No progress in the story with the Klaxxi?).
    But the 5.1 ones were definitely better in storytelling, and that blue response seems to indicate they want the next sets of dailies to follow more the 5.1 model than the 5.0.

...So why are you whining again?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    LFR droprates.
    Really? That's what is making everything right in the World of Warcraft? But RNG is still RNG. In week 2 people will be complaining that all of their dreams didnt come true in week one. I'm willing to bet we see no less that 10 "I didn't notice a difference in LFR" after the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Update: Commander Oxheart was hotfixed to sell the legendary gems and Eye of the Black Prince!
    Oh, what a surprise... more catering to casuals.

Really? That's what is making everything right in the World of Warcraft? But RNG is still RNG. In week 2 people will be complaining that all of their dreams didnt come true in week one. I'm willing to bet we see no less that 10 "I didn't notice a difference in LFR" after the first week.
    Of course. But it's nothing new. People have talked shit about the game for 8 years. Why would they stop now?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    I may be mistaken but I thought that I had read that the gems are only available from the vendor after you had completed the initial quest.

I may be mistaken but I thought that I had read that the gems are only available from the vendor after you had completed the initial quest.
    Yes, but now bads can put it in their LFR weapon, and later when they buy the normal or real version, they can gem it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    Damn those casuals, being able to re-apply the socket to other weapons as intended.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.