Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Double Drop EoE mounts

Information post

Haven't read anything about the chance of both mounts dropping EoE or if it was even possible.

Myself and my friend went EoE for the 2nd time
    Myself after Azure and Telstar after Blue so no clashing would happen and to our suprise both dropped.

I pretty sure this is a really really small chance and that this will be the luckiest thing to happen to us in WoW ever.

v--- Picture so it did happen and wishing you all the best in your hunt

I haven't seen the double-drop but have heard of it. Grats on your new rides.

Deleted
    10 or 25m?

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    10 or 25m?
    10 man.

Changed in Cata.
    Azure and Blue can drop in either 10 or 25 man instead of Loot bag gained from getting Occulus as a random dungeon/10 man EoE dropping Blue and Eoe25 only dropping Azure

slightly unreleated but is it possible to solo eoe? i forgot these mounts still dropped and would like to farm it if possible
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    slightly unreleated but is it possible to solo eoe? i forgot these mounts still dropped and would like to farm it if possible
    Think most classes can do it nowdays was done by several in cata. For last phase use a rotation of 1,1,2 then the heal (think it's 3) and just make sure they all fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    Think most classes can do it nowdays was done by several in cata. For last phase use a rotation of 1,1,2 then the heal (think it's 3) and just make sure they all fire.
    Thanks ^-^
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Had this happen back in Cataclysm when me and a guildie farmed the mounts together, and seeing as I'm usually not lucky with these things, this is probably more common than you/I might think...

Gratz, I have the Azure drake myself, it's a sweet ride.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

happened to me 2 days ago .. went in, soloed it on my monk and both dropped PLUS the polearm I was there for.

I already had the normal one.. so one got deleted

Deleted
    1) I've seen this happen before on 10 man, I had both already though, was only there for an xmog item.
    2) Everyone can and should be soloing this if they don't have the mounts and want them, making a group for this raid is just embarrassing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Theres a great guide for it at wowhead under EoE comments. I do it on my dics priest with no problems at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz.

Been farming for drops on my monk and i will start on my shaman (with better gear).
    Mal hits like a bitch (like 12-16k on my monk, very easily healed) just 2 things to take note of.

1) Kill sparks (little glowing orb thingys, they give whoever is standing in it a very nice DPS buff, if it touchs mal he gets the buff so kill it and stand in the thingy.

2) Mal does a tornado thing every 45-60 secs. Top yourself off before you get sucked in. He starts to hover then emotes giving you plenty of time to heal. You can continue to DPS during the tornado (instance casts/melee).

Other than that just burn him, when he goes from phase 1-2 keep pounding him, bring him as low as you can so phase 3 (drake phase) will be short and sweet.

Drake phase, like others have said hit 1 (fireball like attack places a "combo point" on the target) until 5 combo points, hit 2 (gives him a dot + debuff, increasing fire damage done to him and it stacks), keep the hot on yourself up (can stack 5 times and will out heal mal's damage) and dont fly/stand in the lighting storm.

Ranged classes can solo this with ease if they blow all CDs and nuke him hard in phase one. You cant kill him but you can get him as low as one HP.

Good Luck

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Maly is really easy to solo.
    The mounts have a crazy high drop rate. I got both of them before I got hailstorm for xmog. Saw them drop multiple times too I believe.

Seen the Azure Drake drop 8 times, Blue 1. They are both a pretty high drop rate and they have been able to both drop from 1 kill since the start of Cata

Deleted
    Now I have to try and solo this on my Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen both drakes drop at the same time too. I already had both, but the guy I helped farm Malygos for the mounts was very happy that day

Deleted
    Just soloed him for the first time and the blue drake dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    1) I've seen this happen before on 10 man, I had both already though, was only there for an xmog item.
    2) Everyone can and should be soloing this if they don't have the mounts and want them, making a group for this raid is just embarrassing.
    Solo Maly as a Rogue is quite painful becoz of energy starvation.
    Still doing a raid with a friend is not embarrassing. Please do not drop your FOTM garbage in my post.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2012-12-31 at 05:06 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I duo this with a friend twice a week for xmog and drakes. It's quite fun and he's gotten the azure while I have the blue so far. It's kind of funny how many raids and projects are on our To Do lists (together or not) since we got geared and interested.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.